the Rift

you just drank from my eyes

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Shining light so bright where do you lead? To Heaven? To Hell? If I were to follow in your steps, bask in your blinding luminescence, will you guide me to a light after death? Say so and I will gladly follow thine's guidance. Deliver me to a higher ascension and I will sing my praise. Broken, battered, bruised - reprieve me of this life. Let me go to a land where I have naught to worry about the twisted, malevolent hands of fate. Please, I beg of thee, save me from this hollowed, cracking husk.

Even if I was to be brought back to Urd, to the depths of Hell, I would welcome this with gratitude. To the moon and back my heart would soar. Urd was a wicked place of corruption and death, but it was there I found relief. Ironic to find my first genuine kind soul in Hell's domain. Oh, Thantos. My master. If only I hadn't left your side. If I was stronger, if I could have fought for myself. You're probably dead because of me, refusing to leave until the bitter, bitter end.

"Help."

A simple four letter word made my ears press against my skull in weariness. Yes, help. We all needed help in these corrupt lands. But no. Wait. That voice, however faint, sounded ever so close. The harsh rays impaired my vision. “Is someone there?” My words dragged out hesitantly. Aye, if this was just the voices in my head playing torment on my mind once again I would surely look like a fool. Yet the way the voice had spoke felt and sounded real.

One, two, three steps in the voice's direction. I paused, hesitated. Who was I thinking I could help a stranger when I could not even help myself? Humpty Dumpty had a great fall yet I couldn't even begin to patch those wounds. I would simply get in the way - a burden rather than a being of hope.

My body quivered as I argued with myself. His blood was already on my hooves, could I live with another? Two more paces forward. But at the same time I brought disaster to those around me. One pace back. The horses of my old herd, the residents of Urd.. Another step back.

That's when I heard the voice ring in my ears once again and, before my mind could protest it, my trembling legs carried me to the voice. Eyes squinted but it did little to block out the dangerous light. They burned from the intensity, especially as I opened them even more.

A cocoon laid before me: a pegasus curled in his own wings. Curiously, light reflected off of his hide like - Surprise caught my throat. Like.. water? Was this a mere optical illusion or was his body truly made of water? I recalled my parched throat, my cracking lips. The water around here was polluted with salt but maybe this - No! What was I even thinking.

“Sir?” Oh please be alive. I could not stand anymore death. “I am right in front of you. What assistance are you in need of?” There was no masking the fear in my voice. From left to right my weight shifted as I prayed the stallion still breathed. Not that praying had ever gotten me anywhere.

@Euphrates
ooc;// hope you don't mind me jumping in!

Messages In This Thread
you just drank from my eyes - by Euphrates - 08-24-2015, 07:13 PM
RE: you just drank from my eyes - by Evaneska - 08-26-2015, 12:04 AM
RE: you just drank from my eyes - by Euphrates - 08-28-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: you just drank from my eyes - by Evaneska - 08-28-2015, 10:15 PM
RE: you just drank from my eyes - by Euphrates - 09-02-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: you just drank from my eyes - by Evaneska - 09-07-2015, 05:03 AM