the Rift

SWP :: Gods do die Part II

Seren Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SEREN
interstellar
Seren had heard the words of the stranger, the voice she didn't know, encouraging and pushing her - and she had risen to it. Yet in her madness, she was unprepared, she was rash and reckless in her rush to attack the creature known as their god, and she had lashed out angrily and paid little attention to what was happening in front of her. She didn't see the one overhead, burning and wielding fire and she didn't seen the sudden spray, blood gushing out from a wound, as it was sent in her direction.

The sudden heat and the blood spray caused a high shriek from her lungs. It burned, pain searing along her nerves like fire, and in a flash Seren realised the word of the pain was on her head, her face - and one of her eyes was suddenly unable to see, her lid clamping shut over it after the burning blood flew into her eyes. Down across her body it was terrible, burning pain like she had not felt before, and from her lungs came another shriek. In the close proximity to the bear though, Seren swung her head wildly around, horns raking through the air as she twisted away - whether she managed to hit the god, striking crystals or not, she didn't know anymore - the pain lanced down her body.

The sudden water in the sky though, pouring down, aided her greatly. Seren was moving away, panting heavily with sides heaving as she fought to keep standing, but she was out of the fray and unable to do anything further. The water washed the majority of the blood from her body, but her head was still covered in it and she could only use one of her eyes - her gaze fixed on the red pool, not too far away but Seren was blinded by the pain and she slumped against a tree. She was out of the fight but still too close to it - and she couldn't move anymore, all her weight falling on the tree, as she turned her head and watched through her working eye, though somewhat blurred, watching the figures who were so much stronger than she was...
----
Note: Seren has been injured by the sudden burning blood, and while Isopia's water helped to wash away the blood on her body, her head is still covered in it and she will go permanently blind in one eye from it as well as scarred across her eyes/side of the face - she is now somewhat oblivious to everyone else for the pain from the burns, but she had still tried to lash out to maybe strike the bear god - but Seren is now away, and needs to get to the water.

Ragnarok Posts: 5
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hands :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

'Fucking bear.' What a giant pain in the ass this was turning out to be. First this time god brought him away from his home, granted it hadn't been the best, now he was asking him to fight! 'What kind of god is this guy if he can't even kill a massive bear?' A snort sent black smoke rolling as anger rolled through him. If the greedy part of him didn't want a part of whatever reward he figured would come, he would have left right then. Shaking his feather horned head the stud turned periwinkle oculars back to the mayhem before him. Horses of wings, horns, and plain were running everywhere. Some where on fire, which was interesting, some were just attacking with hooves, horns, and teeth. Even some of the horses from this land were fighting for the bear. 'So the time god was worthless. Why else would they be fighting for this thing?' His eyes switched between the attackers, defenders, and bear.

As he raced for the rear leg, at the last second the limb swung out of his path. In a whirl ended up under the towering monster. Rage roared through him, causing his ears to ring. The adrenaline and testosterone made it next to impossible to think clearly. In light of that the stud reared trying to paw at the creatures underbelly. What a stupid mistake that had been. The beast moved as his hooves lightly touched the tender flesh causing his lean body to topple. "Fuck!" Blood and pain burst from his right flank as a small chunk of razor sharp crystal jammed in his flesh. "Son of a bitch!" He yelled as he stumbled up ready to do more damage.

Racing backwards out from under from the bear. He wheeled and raced away from the beast before launching himself into the air. That would give him more momentum for the plan he had forming quickly in his mind. Flapping powerful back wings, his tiny leg wings flapping uselessly, he rose. Flashing eyes turned towards the monster's now bleeding head as black smoke billowed away from his refined muzzle. With a war cry that shook his bones the stud dove. He was careful to keep his forelegs bent slightly to lessen the impact he was sure would come. Sharp hooves were angled down ready to slam into the beast's head. With any luck with would be the end of this nonsense. If this time dude was to incompetent to finish something he had started, the god slayer would finish the job.
Talking
OOC/Tags; Falls, starts bleeding, then flies up and dives hooves down at the bear's head trying to finish him off
Words; 427
image credit
- table by Niki -

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Aithniel
The first flame burned gloriously, but the second flame burns cold.

Aithniel watched as her flames started to singe the back of the bear, and then... water. Everything was doused, including herself. Angrily, the child snarled, shaking out her black and golden hair and jerking her wings to let the beads fall off of the feathers. Silver eyes narrowed, looking upward toward to the skies and seeing the perpetrator, and her heart sank. Iso? Why? Why would she do that and fight for this nasty, old, rotten bear? Those questions were shoved to the back as rage consumed her chest, an emotion so strong she felt it could erupt outward in a single second. 

With a yell, she spread her wings and shoved downward, not paying a second thought to her friends. Rikyn and Erebos looked okay from a glance, and that was enough for now. She launched her body into the air, tail spiraling behind her as a ballast. Casting Iso a dirty look, Aithniel circled the bear, firing random, rapid fireballs all along the big crystals that had expanded across his back. She focused on one at a time, hoping to break them completely and thus rid the creature of his armor. 

And if Iso tried to stop her? Well... 

This bear was going to die one way or another, and she would hate for anyone else to get hurt, especially someone she considered a friend. Aithniel hoped that she was just being stupid and wasn't serious, otherwise, they would start to have serious problems. Already, the beast was talking to the time god about death, saying that this was going to be his end and basically laying down to take it, so she wondered why Iso was even bothering. 

She couldn't see any logic in it, but she did see how the citizens of the Rift themselves were fighting back. This was the right choice. 

Her father would be proud. 

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

THEY LIED WHEN THEY SAID THE GOOD DIE YOUNG

I'm doing a good job, or so I think. I have copious amounts of herbs in my mouth, just waiting for some poor badly injured soul to use them on. The fight continues, but I am safely away from the worst of the conflict...until I'm not. Suddenly there's an explosion of pain in my back, and I throw back my head and release a shrill whinny, my ears slicked back against my skull with fear and agony. I burn, and my knees fold to lower me to the ground so I can roll. The cool, damp grass puts out the worst of the fire, but the pain lingers - to the right of my spine from wither to flank is a long burn, the hairs burnt clean away to expose raw red flesh underneath.

I do not have a high pain threshold, and my legs wobble dangerously as I clamber to my feet. It hurts, and I quickly snap up one of the herbs that I know will numb the tender area. But my work isn't done - the bear fights back, and many horses are injured with his wrath. I want to flee, to dip my burnt side in the water then run far, far away from the fighting, but I am a healer now - my duty is to all these Helovians, fighting for our cause. Not that I agree with them attacking the poor bear who hasn't harmed anyone, but I am not stupid enough to point this out and risk them turning on me.

There are so many injured, I don't know where to go first. There is a man with a broken leg, but he is getting plenty of attention already. I zone in on a familiar face - Ashamin, the unicorn stallion who won the deer egg instead of me. I think of what that egg has now hatched into, and I see the deep wound on his neck. He cannot die and leave that poor, blessed creature alone, not after everything we all went through to try and win the egg. So it is him I run towards, wincing on the bear's behalf as the unicorn kicks out at his...well, at the part of his anatomy that I no longer possess. I might not have them anymore, but if getting kicked in them is anywhere near as uncomfortable as getting them removed, then I don't envy the bear one bit. I also see a unicorn male doing naughty stallion things, and shrivel my nose in disgust. Doesn't one need a mare to be able to do that?! Evidently not, and I am careful to watch my step. Don't want my hooves getting pregnant.

Anyway, my attention returns to Ashamin. From my stash of herbs I pull my trusty old raspberry leaves, like I used on Shadow to stop her bleeding to death; darting between flailing hooves, I drop the leaves by the stallion's head-end. "This will slow the bleeding, and this - " I add a few leaves of green vein kratom "- will ease the pain. After the fight, I'll give you something to prevent infection, but right now it's more important to stop you bleeding out. Be careful." But will any man with testosterone in his body pay heed to a little gelding's warnings? I cannot understand the thrill some creatures get from bloodletting, from biting and kicking and hurting - I now realise that is because I was put on this planet to make things better, not to be the one who creates the wounds I am so keen to heal.

I look around, searching for others who will need my help.

image credits

TEAM TIMEY
Burnt by Aithniel's magic, Badger rolls on the ground to put out the flames, then takes his herbs to @Ashamin to try and heal him. He then looks around for others that need help.

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
It’s kind of crazy how much seems to be happening at once.

The ground quakes underfoot from the thrashing and bustling of bodies that surrounds the battlefield, cries of both rage and pain pierce through the air, and for how little the Warlander has seen of this new world, it seems as though the whole of Helovia has come to converge on this single place (whatever place it might be exactly). His green eyes are cast about as he charges forward, catching a handful of familiar faces through the throng, but pale hooves don’t falter as they carry him through the crowd and towards his single target: the monstrous bear-God-thing.

How the large stallion manages to actually reach the grotesque beast is a feat that he doesn’t care to ponder on for long. From what he can tell, most of the people of Helovia have a similar idea to his own—charge the bear!—everyone throwing either their bodies or some form of magic at the ghastly mammoth of a creature (which is a sight all on its own, considering how inexperienced and unaccustomed he is with magic himself).

In any case, the Warlander, not possessing magic, goes for a more physical tactic, throwing all of his weight forward the closer to the beast he comes, somehow charging his way through the crowd without plowing anyone over and finally reaching his mark. When Rohan’s antlers bury themselves into the bear-God-thing’s back, left flank, he feels an abrupt jarring that he hadn’t expected. The sudden, forced halt of motion sends a shuddering tremor down his spine and he gasps with the brunt of momentum, taking a brief moment to blink against the shock and gather himself together again.

The throes of war continue to rage violently around him. He feels the heat of fire as it rains down around them, and the buzz of electricity sparking through the air, managing to evade all immediate injuries for himself (all to no strategies of his own, as much as he would like to think otherwise). Whipping his tail about in the excitement of adrenaline that flares through his blood, Rohan plunges forward still, hoping to bury his antler’s deeper into the beast’s flesh before suddenly thrusting upwards.

A snarl hisses from between his teeth with the exertion of his efforts. The stallion aims to cause more detrimental damage by doing this, tearing muscles or severing arteries, whatever harm the sharp points of his antlers might be able to accomplish.

notes; TEAM TIME GOD WOO
Having impaled the bear-God’s back, left flank with his antlers, Rohan thrusts the forepart of his body forward and upwards. He hopes that this will cause deeper and more detrimental damage.
“Speech.”

Lend me your hand and we’ll conquer them all,

but lend me your heart and I’ll just let you fall.

Lend me your eyes I can change what you see,

but your soul you must keep,

t o t a l l y   f r e e.
image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
TEAM TIME GOD
(technically, although she doesn't officially take sides P:)
@Seren @Myrrine @Kaj @Enna for interactions!:)

Tiamat
like the ocean kissed the sky

So wild and bloody are the throes of war, that the ocean mare hardly has a moment to recover herself before she is called elsewhere. Casting a fleeting, parting glance to the black equine and gathering up the last of her herbs in her lips, Tiamat lunges forward before her mind really comprehends what she is doing. She had seen a dainty mare retreat from the worst of the battle, stumbling in the direction of the nearby waters—with her duty rising like a call in her breast, Tiamat had followed almost instinctively, assuming that the stranger is wounded and in need of aid.

(Unfortunately) She is not wrong. “Eat these, they will help,” the ocean mare says through the leaves in her teeth, hoping that the daintier mare will be able to understand her—and trust her enough to heed her urging. They are the leaves of all-heal and comfrey root, which will prevent infection and soothe the pain. Assuming that the dappled stranger takes the herbs (and simply holding onto them if she doesn’t), Tiamat steps forward to shoulder the stranger’s weight and guide her closer to the large pond.

“Let’s get you to the water,” Tiamat offers her a forced smile—so shaky compared to usual, considering their circumstances—and her heart pounds in her ears, louder than the cries of battle behind them as they move the short distance to the ruby waters. Once there, she helps the strange mare as best as she can, splashing up the cool liquid and cleaning the wounds, relieved that she has been able to help at least one fellow comrade to safety.

However, her relief is short lived. Cries and sobs rise above the din of battle, and glancing behind her, Tiamat catches site of a filly—a filly!—standing next to a wounded stallion in the battlefield. White eyes widen at what she sees. Bone. His leg is broken and his wing is damaged—he needs help. Making sure that the dappled mare is well enough now on her own, Tiamat thinks quickly. Snatching up a mixture of plantain leaves and comfrey root in her lips and tucking some large sticks under her chin, the blue mare goes where she hadn’t thought she would: into the fray.

In between the bustling bodies she weaves towards the stallion and youngster, glancing at the filly with a light of encouraging hope in her eyes before turning to the stallion. “We need to prevent infection!” She mumbles/yells past the chewed herbs in her mouth, spitting them out onto his wounds and rubbing the paste around. “This will prevent infection,” she repeats more clearly this time, and then gestures to the sticks she had dropped near him, “we can splint your leg with those.” And then certain that her herbs can only do so much, the ocean mare glances around, telling herself not to panic.

The Gods’ fortune is with her this day. Not far away, she spies the familiar petite brown mare—the Time Mender. A healer! “ENNA!” Tiamat cries for her friend, knowing that the extent of the stallion’s wounds require her magic. “He needs help,” she explains, gesturing to the blood and flesh and bone. She forces herself to be somewhat calm while the battle rages on, knowing that she can’t lose her head now—especially not now.

notes; Tiamat follows Seren and gives her herbs to help soothe her wounds and prevent infection, and then she helps her to the water. Once Seren is okay, Tiamat sees Kaj and Myrrine and rushes to their aid, making an herb paste for Kaj's wounds (again to soothe pain and prevent infection) and gathers sticks to make a splint for his broken leg. She also calls for Enna's help, since she's a Time Mender.
(permissions given from Brit and Kels)

“Speech.”
image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ
the aurelight

In the moment before everything went to hell, he was spared a lingering thought of gratitude as he watched his own body intercept the attack heading for Myrrine. She was no longer under his charge, had hated him since the invasion, but he felt the need to protect her nonetheless. Protect anyone who ended up on this bloodied battlefield too young and too unseasoned for it. He held that moment of grace and relief inside his chest, because after that it was nothing but darkness.

Whatever foe that blindsided him was clearly an enemy, if he was attacking Kaj when the Aurelight was busy collecting gems rather than facing off with the bear. Kaj was a beast of great proportions, but the angle worked against him, and gravity threw him mercilessly beneath the weight of the crazed newcomer. And beneath the blur of metal and navy, his wing was pinned. It ripped a strangled noise from his throat, heart jumping into his throat as he was flattened beneath the force above him. Feathers were ripped free in painful scrapes, and the world seemed to move molasses slow as blood sprang free to speckle the pale gold of his feathers. They were washed away, leaving bare spots and pathetic golden shapes that were taken to wash into the bloodied falls, a bit of morbid brightness. His wing. HIS WING. It was his honor and his pride, his universe entire. A lifetime of being raised to cherish his gifts and his abilities, prized appendages that put him above the rest. It's not broken. His heart pounds in the split second where this is the only pain he feels. It's not broken.

But something else was soon to be.

It happened so fast, all at once, but it felt like a lifetime to Kaj. His left leg thrust out to try and find leverage beneath the metal beast, and weight crushed down against his foreleg. He heard the gruesome snap before the pain hit, saw the sudden river of blood that poured out and down his skin. And then the pain hit.

A screaming bellow tore out of his throat like a wild beast. It ripped and shredded and rebounded just as loud in his ears. He went down beneath the agony of it all, crumpling to his good knee. STAY UP. He thanked the gods for the resiliency of his species, shoving up on his good three legs with all his strength in a wild fit of pain. In primordial answer his magic exploded out of him in scorching arcs of lightning, and in the dormant part of his mind that was still rational he hoped it traveled through the metal of the beast and scarred him for life. But he was acting on pure instinct, something old and cracked but resilient that lay like bedrock at the foundation of every equine.

Teeth arced over his left shoulder, following in the wake of his still present magic, a new wave thrust forth in tandem as he sought to grip flesh and fling the enemy down and off his side. His eyes were a wild, hysterical blue, teeth gnashing and rending wherever he could reach and praying for a hit. For revenge.

Stumbling free, hobbling on three legs, he crow hopped and kicked his hind legs low at the beast he hoped had ended up behind him. And his eyes found Myrrine. She was pressing up against his good wing, and thank the Gods because that meant his body was still between her and the metal beast. Her words were a buzz in his ears, a language he'd only just mastered reverting back to nonsense as his leg throbbed with agony he'd never felt before. It made his head swim and his eyes ache with tears, heart pumping as if it was a race to see how fast it could push blood out of his body. Glancing down he saw a flash of white and felt instantly queasy. Instead he focused on Myrrine. Safe keep her safe he's still there! And so he awkwardly moved to shove her farther away, shepherding her and cutting his magic to crackle free and arid between the pair of them and Kaj's enemy. A barrier of hot air and crackling, persistent lightning.

"He's still there we have to move," he snarled, but his eyes were swallowed by white from pain and panic, not meaning to be so harsh with her. But he had to keep her safe, Artorious was still too close. "Get to the healers! I'm right behind you," he promised through gritted teeth. Biting at her rump to encourage her off the battlefield. Who knew if the metal demon would be back, would pick another target. Kaj needed her out and he needed her out now.

His eyes caught the healers and he prayed for strength. It was all he'd ever prayed for. The strength to keep his loved ones safe. To help those who could not help themselves. But in that moment he prayed to not lose himself to the darkness creeping into his vision, the pain that seemed to take away all coherent thought. The strength to make his way to them, because walking in that moment seemed to be the hardest trial he'd ever faced.

But it was unnecessary. A few hobbling steps and the healers caught sight of him first. He limped as fast as he could to greet her, keeping Myrrine safely pinned ahead of him where he could see her. Broken as he already was he would not hesitate to leap to take any blow that came her way.

The healer was quick and efficient, and Kaj lifted his leg to greet her, sickened by the sight of the gore. It was going to scar for sure. He'd probably never heal right if he didn't receive care. But his shoulders hunched through the agony of her procedure, jaw bulging with strain of clenched teeth. "Watch out," he snarled through grit molars. Watched as another healer came towards them, directed his answer to all of them. "We're in the fray. We need to move. Treat my wing so I may fly, but use your talents on the others." Glancing around he saw too much bloodshed, too many wounded. How could he ask them to heal him over others?

I will not be used to be battered and abused
It's the reason why I choose to cut my losses
Credit

TEAM TIME GOD
CONTEST WINNER
@Myrrine and @Artorious heavily involved!
Summary: Goes down under Artorious having his wing trampled and leg broken. His magic explodes out of him to cloak his skin, and he reaches over his shoulder to try and bite Arty as much as he can. He sees Myrrine, thickens the electric storm between him and Artorious, and tries to herd her away towards Tiamat and Enna. Holds still for Tiamat to treat him.

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

Tandavi</style>
i'll light a fire in your new shoes</style>

Chaos descends upon them in the form of bodies, voices, and blood.

The white mare is quick to bounce back, offering a curt thank you before dashing into the fray. Copper child stares, impressed, before slipping away, leaving the throng which surrounds her to muddle and stew. A mental check finds her shadow brother, who still runs beside the ivory child, barking careful warnings when large hooves come too near. Wild eyes survey the damage, seeking another target, another idea, glancing and glossing before hitting... hitting...

She cannot focus on any one thing: there is too much carnage, too much dismay. Black gaze slinks over it all and finally back to the massive bear, the seeming source of this disaster and the one their God has tasked them to destroy. Fire Dancer is not one to disobey her gods, for they have yet to lead her astray; and so she lets her worry leave the others, focusing her mind on the quickest way to end this battle, that she may sooner leave and treat the broken, bury the dead.

Magic coats the bloody air; she picks and prods at it, settling on something which had been cast near her and shoving it roughly at the bear. Copper child knows not what to expect from the lurid grey magic which tastes of pine, but the resulting explosion is a satisfying one, the electric ball arcing eagerly toward the bear god's bleeding stomach. She follows it with an angry snort, copper body flying forward toward Natraj. Weaving, winding, she ducks between bodies and finds herself soon at the scene of the crime, flush before the massive bear and wildly unprepared for its proximal stench.

Her brother sends a packet of knowledge, condensed and swift and to the point. Sword, girl, fallen, help, are the salient words which flicker through, and black eyes quickly find the shaking figure of a stouter mare, one cast to the floor and shooting lightning from her horn. Fire dancer falls to delicate knees, scraping them roughly without a care. "Hold still," she mutters to the screaming girl, exhaling embers which ebb and flow, running like a river to surround the damaged right hind, more harshly- "Don't waste your strength fighting each other!" The last bolt of lightning was aimed at another, and Tandavi scowls at the foolishness of this, appalled that anyone would pause in the midst of this battle to see to personal affronts. She does not know the two-tone girl, nor the winged mare who flies above. "Deal with your own shit later. There is something worse than our differences now, threatening the ones we love." She thinks of Sacre, of Amaris, and swallows hard. Thank goodness they, at least, are safe.

image by tambako @ flickr.com</style>

[TEAM TIME GOD]
Tandavi shoots a ball of lightning magic ( @Hotaru 's) at the bear, then runs to heal @Roskuld while Natraj stays with @Erthë and tries to help her and Chico with the sword

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

Torleik the Bloodskald

allir menn að deyja

So many bodies he didn't recognize, so many forms and features that were as foreign to him as this gigantic bear demon ripping through the sky. It was, perhaps, the only time he was grateful for the God of the Spark's presence and his strength to fend of this ascended interloper - and for just a covetous moment, Torleik wished he had the strength and enormity of power that the Time God possessed. But now was not the time for such thoughts in the midst of this chaotic fray. 

The níðingr in front of him demanded his treachery be paid in a blood offering to the earth and the Bloodskald's frosted hooves carried him forward with righteous judgement, passed with the purity of conviction that only an ordained warrior held within his breast. The satisfaction of his runed horns tearing into the flesh before him was immense, cut quickly by a vision of Ophelia bleeding from her face, her ears, and the king of the World's Edge yanked himself back. 

Ophelia was bleeding? How? Why? Who had done this? They would die.

Irelyn's aerial view of the battlefield provided him with the information she knew he would find desperately important and when she received the order to stay close to the crimson-and-white mare, she obliged without question. The Bloodskald's murderous thoughts, interrupted by extreme irritation at the realization that a form was moving towards him with intent to harm, turned to cold fear at the apparition in his vision. 

A horse, nothing but tattered cloth and armor, charged, the epitome of his nightmares as a child. This was not a living being, this was a draugr come to take him, risen from the ground to have vengeance upon the living. Torleik had thought himself above such fear and indeed, had faced what he thought was an undead creature before but this? This was too palpable, too real and tied to the unbridled and crippling fear only a child experiences when faced with the all-powerful adult realm of terrors. 

How? Why him? 

"TORLEIK!" Her voice, like the first rays of spring sun thawing the thick winter freeze, broke the spell this encroaching again-walker had on him and spurred the Bloodskald to kick himself into a rough gallop that avoided the jagged maw of his spectral foe. Humiliation at his fear burned his veins white-hot like the fire he desired to purge the world of this foul draugr once and for all and he lashed out with his back hooves as he went. No normal combat would kill the creature but it could feel pain, and he would make it so. 

Blood leaking down his horn into one eye, the rabicano shook his head and tried to part the frothing sea of torment and violence and make his way to Ophelia. She urged him to be safe, but what about her? "You return to me, woman! I need you in one whole piece!" he replied with fervor, his path diverted by the sight of a clearly wounded Kaj. Kaj, who had once been one of the few to stand by his side when Lace, that vile son of a bitch previously of the World's Edge, had scathingly lambasted him outside the formerly great Glass Wall. Saying nothing, the warrior merely came alongside his friend to help protect him while another seemed to try to heal him. The Boodskald was unsure and didn't pay it much heed - the bodies were friendly and he would keep them safe. 

His gaze, cast about frantically, witnessed the one brightest star in his life charging for the demon bear's front leg and his heart split like a great fissure in the earth. "What the FUCK are you doing?!" he howled to Ophelia, crazed eyes and frothing maw snapping back to Kaj. "I am sorry, friend, but I must go!" bellowed the stallion as he tore through the crowd, crashing through bodies left and right in a violent and focused effort to reach the only being in this world other than his bonded he could not fathom losing. 

He did not know if his strength of will alone was enough to save her from herself. 

"talk talk talk"

Art by araxel @ DA

Still Team Time God

@Ophelia

@Kaj

@Artorias
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
Enna,’ The voice barely registers through the mayhem, but it does just enough to wrench your attention away from the giant god, towards the man (could he be called that?) that had violated, betrayed, hurt you. Where there had only been the desire to protect before, anger shoots like barbed wire through your veins, lines your eyes with tears that you refuse to let fall. There is no excuse for what he had done, the way he had shamed you, taken advantage for his own gain. No excuse, and yet he has the gall to simply waltz up to you as if nothing ever happened? Bullshit. The hurt he has brought you festers right underneath your skin, but it is what you see in those eyes (those empty eyes that hold too many questions and never enough answers, the slightest reflection of sorrow) that makes your walls finally crumble. Without warning, you leap towards him to trample, gore, whatever you can to hurt him back, make him have a reason to regret all that he has done. Like the coward that he is, however, he takes to the skies, out of your pleading reach. You rear in an attempt to jab him with your antlers, but your body is met with an unknown liquid instead of flesh. A shriek of pain emits from you as you writhe beneath the sudden downpour, your skin burning as the lifeblood of the god (do true gods even bleed?) washes over you, even as you stumble backwards, away – trying only to get away in a blind panic. The smell that hits you is enough to make your stomach churn with nausea, force the tears that you had refused before to fall.

Your magic sparks subconsciously to try and undo the damage, but you are too scattered, too scared for it to be anything but ineffective. It is then that the sky-marked mare returns to you, bossing you around though you barely have the mind to even notice it, let alone allow it to bother you. At first you simply stare stupidly at her, the man (spineless cretin) forgotten, your mind too ravaged to understand anything but the savage pain radiating from your shoulder. You do not know how long it is that you simply stand there, but the cries of the bear, followed by the boom of the Spark God’s voice shakes you, and your eyes swoop over the chaos that surrounds you. You stumble backwards, away from the bear even more, each movement sending a stab of pain through your front left leg. You do not have the time to compose yourself; do not have the time to pick individuals out of the mess to guide them to safety before a familiar but panicked voice reaches you. Instantly you lurch forwards in the direction that it came from, your eyes taking a moment to spot the ocean mare and the dusty colored man she is desperately aiding.

“I’m here, Tia.” It is meant to settle her nerves which you do not doubt are frayed; her fear evident on every inch of her pretty face. Too say the least you are dumbfounded at the gore the man had endured, the shock of white bone enough to set anyone ill-at-ease, not to mention someone who had never dealt with this kind of trauma before. You work to push away the rising panic within you, when he does something unexpected, breaking your focus of your rising fears. ‘–But use your talents on the others,’ You laugh despite everything, shaking your head gently. “You need it most.” The fool insists on helping others, an admirable quality but foolish in his condition, the extent of his injuries. You, of course, will without question to anyone that needs it, but he is here now, and your only focus. “Don’t worry, and hold still,” You murmur, wasting no more time as your lips simultaneously ghost over his mangled body, willing the magic that the same god leading the attack on the bear had bestowed on you to life. It comes easier to you than it had the last time, the world around you slowly distorting into obscurity, something you are no longer consciously aware of, and you feel it as it sucks back the blood, begins to reform the flesh of his leg, his wing. Haziness begins to settle over your mind, your coat becoming damp from exertion, forcing you to break your concentration and breathe. Slowly the noise of the battle begins to flood back in, the situation around you coming back into focus where before it had only been this sandstone man and his dire situation.

Upon inspection you see that you have managed to repair his wing, and more importantly stop his hemorrhaging; the break in the leg, however, is beyond you. The bone still protrudes, though covered in the poultice Tiamat had concocted for him. You trust in her knowledge and so do not question her, instead picking up the branches that she had so cleverly brought and placing them on either side of his leg before searching for something, anything to fasten them together. It is only when you look to the ocean mare that you smile, having spotted the seaweed laced all throughout her hair. As gently as possible you wrestle it from her tresses, struggling to wrap it as carefully as possible around both sticks with his leg in between. Tucking the seaweed in against itself you step backwards carefully, your balance off both from the pain still throbbing in your left shoulder and the sheer effort you had poured into him.

“It’s not the best but it should do for now. I trust you know you will require further care to fully heal the break.” You gesture to the young girl with the butterfly wings that he had been so intent on keeping safe. “Take her somewhere safe, away from here, please, I don’t want to see either of you back here.” It is only then that you turn back to Tia, remembering how scared of being helpless she had been when she had found that tiger half buried in the snow. You’re doing a good job.” You offer, smiling once again, hoping to encourage the young mare. “We will need more; I’ll gather whatever I can find.” Without awaiting a response to your suggestion or attempt at a pep-talk, you stumble off, away from the battle to try and scour for any plant-life that may be beneficial, taking Kaj’s lead and ignoring your own pain for the benefit of others.

TEAM TIME GOD
* tries to lunge at caleb but is unsuccessful and is doused by the bear's blood and burned on her wither and shoulder area on the left side of her body. ahvelyn is successful in distracting her from fighting more, and she goes to the aid of tia/kaj when she hears tia calling her. heals kaj's wing and stops the bleeding, leaves the leg broken but puts the splint on with the help of tia, then goes to help collect more herbs.
NOTE: enna healed kaj per brit's request. permission given by reli for the powerplay displayed.

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
The chaos is fucking awesome, and though I do feel pain somewhere from someone, I ignore it. I'm too busy too notice whomever has done damage to me, too excited for the battle to even feel it. I'm wired for this, this is my scene! My fire is doused as I move around, biting at anyone who comes into my personal space. Then I see Kaj. That fucking idiot. He is the only one that manages to get himself broken, and though he is a king, he is worthless, a horrible waste of space. Unnecessary. I would attack him, but I take pity on his belief that he is doing anything beneficial here. @Kaj is not even worth my time. My eyes scour on, looking for a target.

My aureate eyes lock on the dashing form of a massive 18hh @Tembovu whom is attacking Bear God disciples. I do not like this, so I charge, jaw wide as my teeth try to find his skin, to cut him with my teeth, for him to take the brunt of my inner-insanity. A mad man laugh descends on me as I move towards him.

After hopefully attacking Tembovu, I search for one more target, moving away from him and Kaj. Then, with all the over-confidence and stupidity I can muster, I slink towards the Time God himself, my flames off, my bright hide desaturated with sweat and dust and splatterings of blood from nearby attackers. Then, I lunge at him. It's dumb, I know, and he'll kill me for it, but if the Bear God can die, can't the Time God? I presumably approach him perpendicularly, moving towards his left flank. Then, I try to get close enough, shuffling closer every once in a while. In a burst of activity, I lunge ahead, hopefully towards the God, and try to bite his rib area. Am I dumb for doing this? Maybe, but even if he bleeds just a little, it would be a little victory. I could say, I Aurelia, have made a god bleed. Not many can say that

ooc TEAM BEAR
attacks tembovu by trying to bite him, attacks time god by trying to bite him

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Kalona Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Screams and shrieks erupt from the battlefield as everyone clashes together either aiding the god or to his horror the damn bear god. How could anyone aid that monster?! After all he had done to them! Those who chose to stand beside the bear did not know what the hell was going on back in their own land, how could they! The damn bear needed to die once and for all and if it meant taking those traitors down as well so be it! 

Filled with a mixture of anger and determination the golden stallion had tried to attack the bear blindly not thinking much beyond that point. So much was happening at once and he kept forgetting they were no longer in his homeland where the terrain was ingrained into his memory allowing him to adjust accordingly. As his hooves hit the ground he realized he had seriously misjudged the foreign landscape stumbling when his feet hit the rocky ledge that was now slick with blood and god only knows what else. Failure to regain his balance sent the stallion tumbling to the earth where a horrible burning sensation exploded upon his neck. Squealing from the pain and in the anger of it all he heaved his frame as quickly as possible back to an upright position shaking his head in attempts to get rid of whatever was upon his neck. His skin quivered beneath the acid's caustic effects as his nerves fired rapid bursts of pain throughout the area which only began to subside as the disgusting crap was shaken off bit by bit. 

Finally bringing himself back around he knew not if any contact had been made with the stupid bear in his less than regal attempt at an attack. Whipping his head around to do a quick survey of his surroundings he shields his throat by tipping his skull forward brandishing his horns to anyone who dares try and attack him. Shutting the pain out he refocuses on the battle at hand narrowing his sights on the battered bear that was unfortunately still alive! In the chaos his knife had fallen from his mouth and skittered a little ways off from where he had fallen. Lunging back into action the stallion leaps towards his blade snagging it between his teeth before once again heading into attack the bear. This needed to end now! 

Closing the distance as quickly as possible while trying to avoid as much of the acid, foul smelling liquids and blood he angled himself hoping to make contact with the bear to end this once and for all. The only place that could potentially do this would be the chest or by severing something vital... rapidly thinking through the possible access points his mind finally settled on the largest blood supply he could think of, its neck. Somewhere beneath that fur was the jugular and if he could just manage to sever it or anything else in that general vicinity there was a chance to bring the beast down. Gauging his steps this time with more care he leapt up bearing his weapons in the hopes of severing the bear's lifeline or anything else that might be there instead such as the trachea or other important structures.

•• TAGS: All Involved 
•• Summary: Misjudging terrain he falls into a pool of acid burning the side of his neck. Leaps up shaking his head around not knowing if he hits anyone in the process of trying to remove the acid. Again tries to attack bear lunging towards the bear's neck hoping to sever the jugular vein or trachea with his teeth, horns or knife. ••

“Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor bastard who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie.”
Table by Moonstone Designs

Team Time God

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

The ever joyous sound of battle envelops the land that until now remained vastly unknown. Blood was flying from every direction filling the air with its pungent aroma while bodies fell to the ground in heaps. Maybe she was exaggerating a bit on the heaps of bodies but it would be better that way so she kept that thought all to herself for later review. This was the most excitement that she had experienced since arriving here in Helovia and it had her blood pumping with the joy of it all. Feeling the successful attack upon the fiery bitch she climbed back higher into the air to circle around once more looking for another target. As the smell of blood was diluted by the freshness of the sky a new smell came to her alerting her to the dilemma of her feathers. Gliding for a brief moment to study the outer layers she found that some of her glorious feathers had been singed by that damn bear's blood! To say she was angry would be a understatement to the rage she felt building inside. How dare he ruin her perfection! This would take weeks to fix itself before they would be back to they were beforehand. Beating her wings harshly to shake off any remaining blood she cared not if the droplets landed on anyone below. 

Grumbling deep within her throat she turned her focus to getting payback upon the big ass bear for spraying blood at her. Banking sharply she twisted herself around looking for the best opportunity to kill the damn beast without getting any more blood upon herself to ruin something else. Watching those who still stood a chance at damaging the beast she planned her strategy carefully wanting to do as much damage as possible. While she would love to have finished off the pegasus from earlier things had just gotten personal. Most of the imbeciles protecting the bear were seemingly busy with the others leaving her the prime opportunity to land some damage upon their precious "bear god".  With the bear now missing limbs and bleeding from many deep and superficial wounds she was certain that it would not take too much to finish the job. Pulling herself into a dive once more she chose to focus on destroying something quite important for life. Reaching out with her magic once more she concentrated on attempting to shatter the bear's heart and or lungs.

Picturing the tiny branches of alveoli shattering simultaneously as they froze along with the critical vasculature or the aorta she gave it everything she had to make it happen. As the structures would freeze it would solidify cutting off blood flow and air to these two primary organs causing the bear much pain and suffering. The final straw would be when the walls shattered apart sending a torrent of blood throughout the chest to essentially suffocate the creature and make it bleed to death all in the same sentence. Payback was a bitch!   

•• TAGS: All Involved •• SUMMARY: Thrilled with her successful hit on Aurelia she climbs to a higher altitude to pick out her next target. Finds out that her feathers had become partially singed with bear blood and becomes furious flapping vigorously to rid them of any remaining droplets and letting them fall on those below. The main target now becomes bear as she needs payback, uses her magic again in attempt to shatter the aorta and lungs of the bear to kill it. ••
Picture Credits

Team- Bear must DIE! (aka team time god)
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
Parelia & Penna

Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired || Robert Frost
The babe was fine darting in an out of legs with the dragons soaring above her. Honey eyes flickered under blue fire as it lapped in waves over and around her body, turned to find her son. He was fine, the bears blue spraying behind him. She watched as he landed beside a mare she did not know, before taking off once more. As her gaze followed the lad her attention was caught by Kaj. He had stumbled into the path of another, she could see how badly he was hurt even from her great distance. Bending her legs the mare launched her fiery body into the air and started his way.

Then she thought of how he had seemed so confused by her feelings for him and swirved away. He had several people around him, helping, there was nothing she could do but distract him. Instead she notices a gold and white mare going after a massive unicorn then switching to the time god himself. "Hey dumb-ass!" She squeals flying as fast as she can towards the stupid bitch. My flames burn brighter as I near her tender hide. If I could just catch her pretty hair on fire she would surely drop away from him. "Don't you have any loyalty stupid?" She taunts drawing closer. "Aww, did I hurt your feelings tinkerbell? Allow me to earse that from your memory!" Parelia squeals striking her right foreleg out at the ignorant ass's head. How dare she attack one of the gods that had done so much for this land! Had brought forth the night only to be chased by the day.

Ears slammed back as she tried her best to sear her tender skin. Anger throbbed through her lithe frame as she struck again with her hoof. Squinting the girl flapped her large cream and teal wings trying to throw her body into the other's. Maybe she could knock her from the air, then dive into her. All thoughts of pain were wiped from her mind as she attacked viciously.
Speech
Words; 341
Tags/OOC; Parelia watches everyone for a moment, then goes to help Kaj and thinks better of it. Then she sees @Aurelia
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

It is a strange thing, to feel a god. Even if it is one Knox no longer trusts or has faith in, he can still recognize that there is power, power that he has just rammed his whole being into and caught off guard.

He's started to knock over the damn Time God.

And though sparky gets back on his feet, he sees Knox before the young stallion can cloak himself, and he knows instantly the magnitude of his mistake. What was he thinking? No matter his emotion, this was a time to suck it up. And instead, he went on instinct he'd been working so hard to suppress. He'd fucked it up.

With no time to spare, Knox calls for Manhattan through their bond, urging her to leave behind her cause and join him. Still she snaps at passersby, flinging poison madly. She is too in love with the fight to think more clearly than this. But still the madness of her terrorizing, clearly having no effect on those around her, fades in the dim light. In time, she settles her soul into something more peaceful. She, too, must come out of this wave of emotion alive, somehow. She must live to hunt and fight another day, even if it won't be at Knox's tall ebony side.

Knox is not waiting for her, he knows she will catch up. He runs under the wavering Time God, cloaking himself beneath that shadow and Manhattan, too, when she arrives at last. With a final buck, aimed for the god's hind left hock, Knox is off and away.

Perhaps he can stay in hiding long enough to avoid the worst of this punishment. Still, he knows he has made a mistake. He will have to face it, sometime.

Image Credits

TEAM BEAR GOD/GET THE HELL OUT OF DODGE

Knox calls Manhattan to him through their bond and cloaks them both when she arrives, running away from the scene. Manhattan keeps snapping her poisoned jaws at people as she runs. Knox runs under the Time God and bucks at him as he goes, trying to escape the scene.

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
(08-28-2015, 12:39 PM)Maren Wrote:

As she ran through the crimson water the danger crept closer. Vigil eyes ran wild to follow the movements of the troubled Gods, unpredictable as he still was. Godly limbs rained down in the water and there were too many within the hazard to throw herself in front of, but this one white filly seemed too guiltless, too innocent to be tainted by something so demonic, opposite to the purity in her pale eyes. So, mind in the spur of the moment, she put her body before hers just before it began to splash the ill god’s crimson.

And for moments she tasted the fires of hell as it burned the hair on her coat and melted the skin. Angry hissing sounds escaped from the oxygen rising up like damp from her burns as she felt a stinging tear of godly blood run down her marble white cheek. She gasped, grunted and began shivering while more of the spicy tasting, flaming blood began to drip down that one side of her body — but in her shadow would stand a soul still untainted.

She turned around her aching neck to look at the filly, eyes dark and full off warning. “Go home, little dove,” she hissed softly, not aware of the other mare that had warned the girl before. It did not have to be long before she, still so young and shimmering like a pearl, would get her virgin skin scratched and broken apart. But the little dove flew off and there was nothing much the tigermare could do in her state except grunt once more. 

Cold water, she sobbed desperately in her head. On the battlefield all was still moving, the hazard not over. Again those who cared attacked who they thought was wrong, but she did not. I am done, for; how endless her wisdom could reach, she did not understand this entanglement of mortals and Gods — did not understand why the God of Spark and Time would sacrifice the souls of young mortals for something that was supposed to be between Gods. A clash between Gods should not be fought in a mortal world, for one has nothing to do with the other. She gritted her teeth in frustration as she continued dragging her blistering body forwards, dodging moving Rifters and Helovians with her ears in her neck and her wings tense like a scarf around her scorched throat. Why? Did she know so little, then? After all? 

With the toxic tongue of the ill God’s blood, there were other people also using the waters to relief their wounds. She moved her half numb body under the bloody waterfall, putting out embers that had been smoldering the end of one of her feathers. The coat on her ribs was scorched and colored grey around the patches of burned skin. They shaped a new kind of tiger stripes she had asked for nor wanted. She grunted as the cold water sunk into her burned skin, but then her narrowed gaze recognized the bleeding body of a man she knew. With bare willpower she opened her quivering lips. 

Despite her scorched neck she still managed to greet him with a respectful nod. "Ashamin," she breathed between teeth watching the only other creature in Helovia with possibly more knowledge and wisdom in his mind than herself. 

Over Maren’s eyes lay a shadowing frown, birthed by both pain and the frustrating lack of understanding. Her rare vulnerability reflected in her eyes and she swallowed as she kept her lips parted, tongue heavy and dry in her mouth. It was as if she had used all the rest of her energy in speaking his name, but then she whispered: "Why is he doing this?" 

Perhaps later… Perhaps then it would all become clear, but for now there was just as much of a clash going on in her mind as there was here.    

Talking
Notes: 

image credits

Mentioned @[Ashamin]!
TEAM OF THE HELPLESS HELOVIANS (THE NOT-RIFTERS)
CONTEST WINNER

Please tag me 

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

MY SWAN SONG WILL  
 BE A BULLET LACED WITH ANGER  

A scream erupts from the being as his body is pierced by a horn, feeling it slip against the flesh and tear open dark skin as the wielder of the weapons escapes his eyes. Fueled by the pain and blood that seeped from the open wounds the stag crashes forth into the battle. The strike to the right shoulder extends to the elbow, a sickening crimson pouring from the wound as the pegasus misses his chance to ruin the precious bone cage of the childhood friend. 

The destruction of the black and gold girl brought satisfaction to the blood-thirsty monster, his body trembling with the excitement of mutilation of someone weaker than himself. Pleasant snaps and pops and tears bring the battle vicious monstrosity great pleasure, a tingling in his gut telling him he was doing well. The pains in his shoulder bring him back, hooves lifting from the mess he'd created of that pathetic child. 

After stepping back, holding in the grunts of frustration at the minor pains that rain up through the shoulder of the stallion, he watched intently as the girl rose up, a smug look on his feminine features as she charged forward. He faces her, watching as her horn points towards his neck with a deadly intent. Enraged that she even thought she could take him on, the brute holds himself steady, shifting himself ever so slightly in an attempt to not get speared through the neck. Instead he bears his teeth and steadies himself so that when she came close enough, he could pull her by the flesh of her left shoulder. He was furious now, nostrils flaring and sweat beading against his brow as he tries to slam his body against hers, angling his head to grasp whatever flesh along her left that was available to him. He would ruin this child, and he would have no remorse ruining her. 

-- tries to bite//pull at ranjiri's left shoulder. then tries to knock her body down while trying to hold onto her back with his/her teeth

317 |  TEAM BEAR.. kinda

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

There are moments were time slows to a stand still. Where even though you are acutely aware that any second the bubble will burst and life will resume, you have a respite. You can think, take in details, observe. Those moments do exist.

But this was not one of them.

Fire. Blood. Screams.

The echoes of rage and rancor shattered the demi-child's ability to think, or even reason. She had screamed at them, and they had ignored her. Desperately her gaze wanted to search for Volterra again - to see if he had headed her warning, to know if his earthen magic would once again work in tandem with her own. But as her body descended into the fray, it was quickly thrown roughly to the left before her dew-eyed gaze could find the mammoth she wanted to call friend.

Icy pain ignited in her wing as a spiral of ice erupted from her waterfall. Hot blood melted the point away, making it blunt and obstinate in her new wound. Isopia wouldn't have even realized she screamed out in alarm if her lungs did not burn as all the oxygen left her body. Tears forced their way through her eyes, blurring her vision and saving her from many of the harsh glares of those around her, while her continued screams of pain blotted out their words. 

Somehow through the pain her brain registered Ros's aggression and her attack. She also registered a certain red dragon flying steadily towards her. Gritting her teeth, the earth-child screamed in anguish as she forced magic to fill the earth around her. An arc of earth scrambled into formation, rising to block the bear from any ranged attacks, while another un-sculpted chunk flew towards Verzes like a wayward asteroid pulled by his gravitation. 

Summary: Iso falls out of the sky as she's wounded. She creates a feeble arc out of earth to try and deflect attacks from the bear (and save Verzes from Ros's lightning bolt). 

ISO IS TEAM BEAR.

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
quote quote quote

Okay so, apparently miss bitchface over there didn't like me telling her to back off of my herd mate. Oh well tough shit. Wow, I think i'm been around the rougher members of the Throat a bit to much lately.... They are starting to rub off on me. Course then again, maybe that was a good thing.

Then the chaos breaks loose and we all start attacking. Yeah yeah big whoop. I had made my way over to one side in the sky. Just as my fire balls seem to hit the bear, my golden eyes spot the other danger. "Ranjiri! Look out!" I scream as loud as I can but it's to late. My patrol partner falls, the sick sound of her wing being torn apart. I could barely hear it over the sound of the fight below. That split second was all it took for the Bear God to get a good swipe in at me. With a thud he slaps me hard. I tuck my wings in as I fall, groaning as I hit the land below.

I raise my head up off the ground and quickly scramble back onto my hooves. I move back away from the fight, my head along with the rest of my body still aching from the fall. I stand there, shaking for a few moments until I can get myself straight. It's then that my attention goes back to Ranjiri. I race over to her as fast as I can. Her feathers are everywhere. I think about picking one up, and decide against it. I wouldn't want anyone else to take my feathers from something like this. I stand there as the fight goes around me... I don't know what to do and who to attack... I just know I need to keep her safe....

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
It was utter chaos. Shouts and rawrs flooded his ears, and drowned his senses. And irony was never missed an opportunity to him. Try as his might the hidden golden was blocked from his target. Growling out he tries to slip through. Bodies dashed around him, some coming rather close. Till finally, irony’s jaws snapped tight. A black shape moves from the corner of his white lined eye. @Caleb, the same identity he had stolen came flying in, his horns, flashing sharp waving untimidly. It was too close, too sharp. One horn raised against the bare skin of his hip, and cut just into the skin. He screeches, mostly in shock, spinning the rest out of the way.

It wasn’t that deep, but it still hurt, and made the golden all the more bitter. Ruffling his black feathers, still under his invisible guise he slames through the crowds, uncaring of pain now. He would have what he wanted. Then he was there. @Erebos. A smile flashed over him and it was all worth it. Quickly he inhales, gears turning and locking. There done. He was now ready for that other day’s doom.

He slips back, ready to turn away and tail it home from the chaos. Oh but the energy of the fight was electric. Black head turns back to the raging monster, with sharp but playful eyes. It was contagious the energy jumping about. Oh what the hell. They seemed to be a few strong backs short. With invisibility, and black horns swinging, the black bird charges for an open space on the losing bear god. Maybe if they won he’d find out what this was all about.
OOC:: TEAM TIME GOD
Summary: After being scratched by Caleb on the hip he slings himself close enough to Erebos to steal his ID. Then in a wth mood he charges the bear god at some open space.
Identities: Caleb, Cashmere, Isopia, Erebos

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.