the Rift

[OPEN] Wiggle Your Toes, With Black Mambo's [PATROL]

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia

I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

The floor is cold, Under the heated body that lays on it. I had tried to sleep, but this night it wouldn't come to me. I was restless, the flesh under the taught black skin itched to gallop. To fight, to just fucking do something. A deep sigh rolls out of my throat as my head lifts. I can't stay here any longer. I was going to go and patrol the borders. At least it was something to do. Patrol the borders and check on the soldiers beneath me. Make sure they where doing there job correctly. 

I move quickly into a standing position, my muscular frame heaving upwards. One shake to remove the dust from my inky coat and I was on my way. Once I reach the open part of my cave I push forward with my hind end into the trot heading towards the entrance of the Basin. Once I am out I turn my body to the north and make my way upwards. At each point I check at a different border patrol. Everything seemed to be going the way it was meant to. But then again one couldn't be to careful. Instead the black mare moves further up, to a point further away than most. I expected to find some of the soldiers there... But I found the position empty of the pawns placed there. My ears pin back to my skull, and the black tail flicks in anger and irritation. Someone would be getting there ass kicked in the morning. If not sooner. A heavy sigh pushes through my nostrils as I take position and begin patrolling this particular spot. 

For some time it is uneventful. Some thoughts wander through my head, but they are pushed out. No distractions. Slowly the moon moves across the sky, And I wonder when the moon had shown up again. To be frank, I don't remember. But it was weirdly comforting to have her silvery light shining in the darkness once more.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @D'artangnan @Ki'irha @Caleb @Carnassial @Deodat @Zandora @Deimos @Thranduil @Hotaru
Words;;
Notes;; Tagging everyone else in the fortify ranks just in case you would like to pop in, same goes for the leads who where tagged in the event that you would like to join, ect. Otherwise this is completely open for everyone. Wanna throw in a punk? FEEL FREE <3

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee

His emotions were tucked away, stored in a dusty chest with a lock keeping it shut. Then, the chest locked in a closet somewhere deep within his mind, a place he dares not go. Emotions, he has learned, are very dangerous. Rexanna has put him through hell and back, and if mental pain were physical, he'd be the bloodiest horse around. Enna has also dealt a good share, but in different ways. Still, he can't really be mad at them, not when he is the common element in these stories. In away, his haunted thoughts are painful. Henrietta often whimpers of what must be something like a headache when Caleb is at his worsts, when he lets himself feel the guilt and sadness, and all of it. Without Henrietta, Caleb would slowly sink into oblivion.

Tired silver eyes peer ahead, noticing a dark shadow-like form moving across the white of the melting snow. Caleb slinks forward, head low, nostrils taking in the ground's scent with each inhale. Henrietta drags behind, finding interest in the smallest things and stopping to look, to watch. With each step closer, something new about the shape is revealing. Wingless horse. Unicorn. Darkly colored. Mare. Sialia. She is the black warrior mare from the meeting. She appears to be on patrol, and Calebs sees no harm in joining. Four eyes (counting Henriette, eight) is better than two.

"Corporal," he greets with a respectful dip of his large and blocky skull as he places himself hopefully beside her and attempts to match her pace. "To alert you of my recent patrol findings, up by the border I, along with two others, dealt with a Yeti." Words are stern, this a mere report and nothing else, there is nothing to his words but the deep tenor of his voice and the possible twinge of an Italian twang. "Have the other warriors noticed anything peculiar in their finding?" His question is eager, this can be a short conversation, as it seems Sialia has already been tasked with patrolling, and she must not desire to be bothered and nagged by these basic questions. Still, these questions must be met and asked. Caleb, in his time patrolling, had not run into one other patroller, and the thought was disturbing. Someone could be invading and the Basin would be underprepared due to the rest of the warriors slacking. Henrietta picks up a sort of dog-canter and moves ahead of the pair, sniffing around for unfamiliar scents, anything unusual. She is the smell and the horses are the sight.

To Caleb, patrolling in the brisk night air with not an entire crowd of horses is soothing and relaxing, as if this is the only place in the twisted world he truly fits in. Though, the other day he did pretend to be a Wise One slash Therapist. That turned out semi-bad... Let's just say that Caleb is not cut out to give others advice when his own life is falling apart piece by piece, littered into the wind like tiny pieces of ripped paper.

"blah blah blah."
ooc: yeti thread not finished, probably be a good idea not to ask questions about it as i wont have any answers yet XD

@Sialia

Nessie

Sialia

For some time I am alone, steeping in my anger at the missing guards. But I hear the hoof beats of another. My ears flick back and I prepare myself, other than that I appear to give not attention to it. To the untrained eye I look as if I am relaxed. But I am ready to kick out and fight at a moments notice. 

Thankfully there will be no need of that at the moment. Whomever it is slows next to me, and I finally let myself peek over at the figure. He is a young stallion, with a painted figure. Wing sprout from his shoulders, and a horn from his forehead. I vaguely remember him from our ranks meeting. He is one of my soldiers. My head dips to him, and I say nothing as he reports to me about his evening. A yeti? Interesting. He asks if any of the soldiers had noticed anything and I look to him. "Aside from the occasional wolf, no, they have noticed nothing... Thank you for your report soldier. Have you noticed any guards who might have slunk by to skip out on their duties perhaps?" I ask looking over at the youth. I do appreciate a good soldier, and he had the makings for greatness already.

While I wait, I let my head turn away, to look out into the frozen darkness, searching for movement, but all I see is the dog that my soldier brought with him, sniffing in the darkness. Would there be some kind of event this evening? Or would we be waiting on the morning to relieve us like many nights before?

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Caleb
Words;; 279 words
Notes;; Woo for patrol posts!

@Sialia :D

The corporeal's horned cranium dips in respect, though she owes no respect to Caleb. The beast truly hasn't done much, nor accomplished much so far. Furthermore, he is a lower rank. Still, the gesture is appreciated. He had plans to do more, to spar more, patrol more, learn more. The beast was hungry for experience.

Sialia claims that only wolves have been seen. He assumes they've also spotted an elk or too, perhaps a few negligible animals such as hares.

A few lengths ahead, Henrietta's snout catches the scent of horse after horse. The stench of pine, sweat, and horse overwhelms the other scents, hiding them under layers of their acrid scents. A dog snort leaves her wet nose, and her brow furrows. She trudges on, upset that she can't really isolate one scent.

The black mare questions the hybrid, prodding him for more information. His cranium shakes in tired frustration, aggravated by the only answer he has to her question. "I have not seen any guards, half-assing their duties or otherwise." The blatant absence of the guards infuriated the beast. Was it hard for the imbeciles to watch a border? "In fact, you are the only other warrior I've seen since the meeting held by the General, whom also seems to be in a most unfortunate absence," Caleb muttered, somewhat bothered by the inexplicable absence of the entire fortify category.

You know what there isn't an absence of? Mares that want more than sex. Goddamn, every one of them wants love. It's thoroughly infuriating. He's thankful he can melt into the scenery of battle and fight his anger out, his confusion, frustration. The brute has fallen in love with the tactical pursuit of blood. It feels so right to fight, as if it's written in the stars for him to be a warrior, to learn and grow, to be grand.

and often times we call a
man cold when he is only sad.
thoughts
"speech."

Nessie

Sialia

The hybrid is respectful, and I am glad of that. I'm not in the mood to deal with disrespectful self deserving little brats. 

He responds to any prodding I have with cordial responses. He answers quickly, shaking his head in frustration. So, he hasn't seen them either. It was certainly a disappointment. I was in the mood for kicking some pawn ass. For a moment I let my mind wander to reaming some lowly soldier's ass, and the idea gives me pleasure. I think I liked being Corporal. It was nice to give the yelling's instead of receiving them... I only got my ass chewed by the General or one of our ruling monarchs. It was nice.

His next comment makes me turn my black head to him, a brow raised, and a smile curling up my two toned lips. "The General is a strange character... I'm sure you will soon find. I guess I would go as far to say that he isn't the typical guy for the job. I have no doubt in his experience though. If he is absent I am sure there is some good, possibly odd, reason."

I turn my head away, looking out into the night, eyes straining to see anything that may pose a threat.... Anything at all.

Absently, without looking over at him I speak again.

"Tell me more about this Yeti experience soldier... I am curious."

If there was one, there might be another. I don't want to risk that chance by being caught unawares, and unknowing in my enemy.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Caleb
Words;;261
Notes;; @Random Event in case you want to throw something for Caleb and Sialia to deal with ^^

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Please contact NPC for this, admin are super swamped!

Caleb, though wise for a two year old, does not understand this herd, nor those who occupy their ranks. He cannot fathom why one species would harbor themselves away from the rest. He had been stated at many times here, and he had always thought it was the strange sense of darkness and cold that followed him, but after he had met Deimos, who's darkness dwarfed Caleb's, he ruled that option out. Caleb did not understand why Thranduil warned him, nor why everyone watched him with the harsh eye of judgement. Still, however, he was fond of his snowy home.

"Don't you dream of being the General?" He asked softly, gaze shifted to Henrietta, whom still wandered, searching for a scent that was out-of-the-ordinary. Caleb wasn't sure his question would merit a response, but someone had to ask it. Would no one pursue his rank, afraid that his experience would outweigh theirs? He pressed no further in the issue, wishing to stay on this mare's good side (if she indeed, has one).

She, however, was one to press for more. That trait wasn't a negative one, though, it was draining to explain everything in the finest detail possible from beginning to end. He figured she wanted to be certain the issue was taken care of, which is understandable. "I had been patrolling most of the day, and had seen little." He paused briefly, ordering his thoughts and preparing the description of events that had transpired. "I had seen many horses that day, so when I saw a unicorn stallion and a hybrid mare, I thought little. Then, a huge animal ran towards us on it's hind legs. I told them to circle it, in which was met with snarky retorts and automatic hatred of me. They didn't want to do as told, which I thought little of, for there was a yeti waving a large branch around threateningly." His eyes meet Sialia's again, no longer focused on his hound. "We tried to negotiate with it, get it to leave, but it never wanted to." Another brief pause, to allow the information to soak in. "We pursued the old-fashioned way, the thing needed to leave."

His tail thrashed behind him as his nostrils vibrated with animated energy. He continues to walk beside her, his large strides easily keeping up with hers. Sialia is charming in a dainty, yet powerful, way. It's as if she is like that one precious flower, beautiful with bright petals, but deceiving in the fact that it's thorns are sharp. She was enticing, though at the same time, he could easily see her being already mated. 

They moved in momentary silence. Caleb thought about breaking away and letting her to her work, but decided to stick around just a moment longer, perhaps he would gain knowledge or insight or anything by staying longer. "How often do you patrol?" He inquires plainly, more interested in the actual answer than keeping the conversation alive. He was genuinely curious.

"blah blah blah."
The yeti thread is still not finished so I don't really have an outcome to tell Sialia yet

@Sialia
[Image: caleb_by_lovelyskylark-d995h4j.png]
a cold-hearted man was once a man that once cared too much.