the Rift

[OPEN] We build too many walls (Knock, knock?)

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
Before Nasreen could venture any closer, the stranger returned her greeting with a deep bow that took her quite by surprise. Out of force of habit, she immediately returned the gesture by extending a gracious foreleg—then abruptly snapped it down as she realized what she was doing. Though she had not observed much formality and no ritual to speak of since arriving in Helovia, she had a vague instinct that it was rude to treat him like one of the many courtiers who had knelt before her all of those years ago. She was no princess, not of this land nor of any other, she internally admonished herself, and so she could only hope that the polite traveler had not seen her tactless, if not automatic response. As he approached with a warm smile and declared his intentions, Nasreen made an effort to appear extra attentive, nodding along at the correct intervals.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Achaius,” she replied when he finished, dipping her head in what she hoped was a more appropriate manner. “My name’s Nasreen; welcome to the Dragon’s Throat,” she lilted, gesturing with a wing toward the small mound of land that rose above the sea. “I’m afraid that I cannot let you across the bridge, as I don’t have a key—” Here, she smiled sheepishly, casting a glance at the large wings folded against her sides, “—but, I’d be happy to wait with you until someone happens along. I can also fetch someone come morning,” she finished, giving diplomacy her best shot. Perhaps it wasn’t the answer he had hoped for, but it was all that she could offer him. Secretly, she was a little relieved that the full responsibility hadn’t fallen upon her. Nasreen was still new to this herd, and the thought of unintentionally breaching their lines of defense plagued her to no end. She trusted this polite gentleman, with his impeccable manners and easy way of speaking, but the memories of past failures were all too fresh to be forgotten so easily. She had been wrong before, with disastrous consequences.

“Are you looking for anyone in particular?” she inquired after a brief pause. The prompt was partially a security measure, but partially rooted in curiosity as well. For whom had Achaius traveled all night? She wondered.

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 08-25-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-06-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Nasreen - 09-07-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-07-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-14-2015, 06:20 PM