the Rift

[OPEN] We build too many walls (Knock, knock?)

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

“I think I know what you mean…” he began, and as he described the feeling of trees all around, the girl felt her heart wrench. It was startlingly accurate, so skillfully and poignantly phrased that it moved her just to hear the words. For a moment, she was transported to the godswood of her homeland, gazing up at the noble trees that stretched far into the sky. She remembered marveling at the way the trunks had disappeared, fading up into the inky darkness, and it was just as he had said. “Yes,” she replied with a wistful sigh, sinking out of her reverie, “I think you do. I’ve never heard anyone explain the feeling a forest gives so well.”

However, when he spoke of the sand and sea, she heard the eloquence of his words, but her heart did not twist upon itself in the same way. “I suppose there is beauty to be found in every landscape,” Nasreen replied in her politely agreeable way. “The waves are welcome on a warm day, and the sand…” Truthfully, the winged mare didn’t much care for the stuff and the way that it sucked at her hooves and clung to her hide, but she knew to complain would be shameful. “…the sand, well, it, ah, keeps the sea at bay,”  she finished, gaze slipping to where the bank stood the attack of the crashing waves. Perhaps it was a clumsy attempt at neutrality, but it was a truthful statement nevertheless.

Still, something about it didn’t sit quite right with her. Nasreen didn’t know what it was—perhaps it had been her companion’s understanding of the forest—but she felt that she was cheating him with her shallow attempt at impartiality. “I don’t care for the sand much,” she admitted. “It’s itchy and you can never get it all off. But,” she continued, gazing across the sea at the tiny silhouette of the island she had left to greet him. “Without it, there would be no place to rest my head. The Throat welcomed me in, and who would I be to turn up my nose at a gift so generously given?”

OOC: Sorry for the length/lateness, classes started this week and I wanted to get something up before I fell asleep for the night!

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 08-25-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-06-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-07-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Achaius - 09-14-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: We build too many walls (Knock, knock?) - by Nasreen - 09-20-2015, 01:49 AM