the Rift

[OPEN] [WELCOME]Broken Solitude

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real
The journey was long as they headed back to the Basin. The torturous land in between the threshold and the Basin was a trek for any fit unicorn, but it would be ten times harder for a weak or sickly creature. His large muscles rippled as he walked with Tiamat and their new friend. Aleldama decided to take a big leap in her life, she was going from complete solitude to now being apart of the Basin. Nox understood how the mare felt, because he went through this not too long ago, but he was extremely content with his home. He could feel the soft chill of the everlasting winter in the Aurora Basin. It was a sign that they were close to her new home. Soon his cracked hooves were walking across the everlasting layer of permafrost that covered the Basin ground. Then that soon turned into a layer of snow that was still trying to melt from the harsh frostfall that is now hiding in the past. The Basin was cold, but the bone chilling weather had let up and allowed the warmth of BirdSong to start creeping in"Now the Basin can be chilly at some points, but you are very lucky Frost Fall is behind us now and the warmer weather has started to melt away the frozen flakes that bestowed the grounds of the Basin."" He began to walk forward to the frozen bridge that crossed into the Basin.

His cracked hooves continued across the frozen bridge as he turned back to look at the two mares with dead gray eyes to give a small smile of reassurance as they started across the frozen gateway that was surrounded with deadly frozen spikes of water.   "Now watch your step, I will not allow anything to happen to you. I just want you to be carefull around here the Ice spikes help protect us from anything that lies outside of the basin" He continued to walk into where the Sentinels were. The large machines stood tall and proud at all time "These are the sentinels, they will protect us from any intruders that try to get in the Basin. Don't be alarmed by them for they will not hurt another unicorn. " He smiled softly as he looked back again stepping within the mountains of the Basin. As they walked in a soft breeze picked up his ghostly mane flying it behind his scared neck. Nox moved through the rocks to come out into an opening where the sun glistened on his laced pelt and rippling muscles. He turned his heavy demonic crown to the mares "Welcome to the Aurora Basin. This is your new home and I do hope you enjoy it as much as Tiamat and I do. Although we are a Herd there is places that you can get alone and be to your self. We must wait for a Lord or Lady to come formally greet you into the Basin, dont worry that will not be too long." He smiled as he looked back into the Basin waiting for his Lord to come greet the new comer. He hoped that he had done well for the Basin because this was the first he had brought back to the Basin. He was glad Tiamat was along with him, because he couldn't have done it with out the Beautiful sweet ocean mare by his side.

OOC:: @Tiamat @Akeldama 
Welcome to the Basin!! after you and Tiamat post one of the Lords will post and accept you to the Basin  !:)
Image Credits!

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

akeldama Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Akeldama

The trek between Helovia's threshold to the Basin was definitely difficult, especially for the mare who had not ventured so far out before. Akeldama's feet ached, though the cool breeze of BirdSong refreshed her when her fatigue began to overwhelm her. After hiking behind the ebony stallion, they began to enter the territory. Ice spikes surrounded the area, Nox assuring her that they are here for protection only. As they passed things known as Sentinels, Akeldama found herself looking up at them in awe. Such strange contraptions, apparently serving to protect the Basin herd at all costs. Intrigued, Akeldama hung around for a bit longer than anticipated, quickly catching up to the others.

They soon entered the heart of Aurora Basin, and Akeldama sighed with relief. Her legs were aching and the cold was beginning to sting her ears, but she was glad to be here. Nox informed her that she would need to wait for the herd's Lord to greet her and formally introduce her to the herd, and she nodded. The prospect of being formally accepted into a herd was a foreign concept to the previously solitary mare, but she figured it would be important.

Turning to look at the two horses who brought her to this point, she smiled. "Thank you two for allowing me to come with you. I think this herd will be a good fit for me... I'll just need a while to adjust to the life of a herd mare." She chuckled to herself, albeit a bit nervously. "Not sure how that is, though... hopefully someone will help me out. Don't wanna mess up this early on!"

--------------

@Mortuus Nox @Tiamat :)

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
No dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love.
Fluted ears perk forward when the guttural sound of the stallion’s voice rumbles through their short moment of silence, the mare’s dainty head rising a few degrees. He talks about the chill of Frostfall and the cooler weather of the Basin, to which Tiamat nods in agreement, although her attention then shifts to the midnight blue mare. “And there are several ways to stay warm on colder nights,” she continues, seeing fit to inform Akeldama of this, if only to assure her that the harsher winters are not unbearable. Being a warm-blooded creature herself, and not built for the snowy climates, she has survived just fine. “There are the caves, usually several fires are going, and of course the hot springs. It’s lovely!”

The ocean mare crows wistfully of her—their—homeland, quite eager to return to its mountainous peaks and twinkling skies. She can’t remember exactly how long she has been away; she has found that a lot of her recent memory is clouded, replaced instead by the vivid, excruciatingly clear horrors that still flash and blister in her mind. All of the blood, pain, and guilt…she still feels it festering with in her, flaring up into panic if she dares to ponder on its terrors for too long.

It was only a dream.

Right?

Hearing her heartbeat beginning to throb again in her eardrums, Tiamat presses closer to Akeldama and Nox, comforted by their closeness and more terrified than ever of being alone. She continues forward with them, her cloven hooves finding their way easier along the steep, rocky terrain with every journey, focusing on the sound of her breaths and their hoof beats to keep her mind from wandering too far. Casting her white eyes about, the young unicorn takes note of the frozen wasteland around them—her gaze widening a little when she sees the jagged ice spikes ahead.

She has never entered the Basin from this way before—she usually takes the path just around the corner, where the pine trees grow together—but she doesn’t question Nox’s leadership and follows him graciously. Looking at the coarse lines of his face, he seems proud to be leading them, and she likes seeing him happy—it is good for him. “Thank you very much, Nox,” she smiles to the black stallion at his cautioning to them, grateful for his concern of their wellbeing. Her cloven hooves slip very little on the ice, but she watches over Akeldama, assuming that the white-spattered unicorn is not accustomed to this terrain, and is relieved when they all reach the frosty peaks safely.

Just as the day slips into evening, they pass beneath the empty eyes of the metal Sentinels and the valley of the Basin opens up before them. Tiamat smiles broadly, thankful to be home. Her white eyes flickering to the antlered mare when she speaks, her grin widens, and an airy chuckle slips from her lips. “I’m glad you think so, Akeldama—I know it is a perfect fit for myself and Nox here—and I’m sure you’ll feel at home in no time. And don’t worry,” she inclines her head playfully, “we’ll be here to help you, and there are many others who are just as gracious. You’re not alone.” Her interests for Akeldama are nothing but genuine. She feels so happy and content within these mountains—she would want nothing else but for her newfound friend to feel the same.

“Speech.”
image credits | @Mortuus Nox @Akeldama
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
The void that cries through you
Deimos the Reaper

The Reaper could spend an entire season locked up in his own regrets and rancor, chiseled away by the woven bitterness clouding over his thoughts, by the indignant traces of resolution he’d managed to draw. The next set of sketches were clear, were tangible, but drove him into weary persecutions and daunting tasks, and he would have yearned to press against violence, into vigilance, along heaps of disaster and ruin, then cling to ways and methods of inspiring loyalty and credence to not only the herd, the mountain tops, the tundra, but also to him. His father, and even his own son, had entrusted, had chimed, had echoed in the same thread, plucking at his void, at his indifference, at his nonchalance until clarity sparked and stared at his mask – and even then, he still had difficulty in surmising how to regard this newfound expedition. The beast preferred his shadows, his outcrops, his vast layers of the unknown and the desolate, because it was easier to hide than to interact, easier to plot than to care, easier to move pawns and play Machiavellian intrigue, than to wonder how and why once precious followers disappeared into the dust and dusk. Everything had simply come crashing down too little and too late. He’d festered and decayed and watched as those he’d considered comrades, companions, and friends become distant mirages, brief hallucinations, and scalding, stupid errors.

So he stretched away from his warren of caves, from his desolate, forsaken eaves, striking against the whispers of Birdsong and the whimsy of spring, staring across the pockets of melting snow and icicle abyss to watch and witness the coming of strangers and the anointed beneath the metallic gaze of the sentinels. Like a beguiling, alluring, intangible shadow against a backdrop of white, of danger, of power and prestige, he stared, a beast on the horizon and a savage on the loose, tied and tethered to unholy lands, to deceitful prowess, and to promises uttered towards his bloodline. He maneuvered slowly, stealthily, a predator seeking prey, a molten hunter lined with carnivore intent, crossing over paths and trails, massacring hopes and dreams and wishes – except for those of his herd. The colossus of death nestled nearby, eyes scrutinizing, examining the stranger, and the two who’d granted her passage, Mortuus Nox and the sea-girl, Tiamat. He obliged them each with a nod, a note of presence, a silent acknowledgment of their recruitment of one more soul, and wasn’t sure what else to bequeath them with (he didn’t bestow much beyond demise and fortitude and might, and the power of conversation was still eternally lost to him), instead choosing his words for the midnight-hued mare and her curled ears, vocals deep and foreboding. “Welcome to the Basin.” A pause, a snap, a tether pulled tight and taut, and he grew rigid, uncomfortable, constantly proceeding in the same way, in the same mannerism, drawn to what he understood and what he knew. How far to push, where to go, how to perceive and understand the convections of discourse were limited, and he nearly gnashed his teeth over the notions. Instead, the same chilling crescendo marked his words and sentiments. “What do you seek here?”

Unregistered
Akeldama

Tiamat spoke up as they entered the Basin's main territory, the blue mare offering kind words to help ease Akeldama's nerves. Akeldama was certainly nervous, as she had not experienced herd life in any form at any point in her existence. Part of the blue mare was intimidated and frightened of the new opportunity. This was a life changing decision. But at the same time, she felt refreshed to know that she would not have to be alone if she did not wish to be.

The mare turned towards Tiamat, a thankful grin on her face. "Thank you, Tiamat. It's comforting to know that I have already made two friends during this change." She dipped her head respectfully, leaning in and brushing Tiamat's cheek affectionately. It was one of the ways Akeldama expressed her feelings; touch was important to her. She would brush up against another to give thanks, express her concern, and even just to comfort another or herself. Little did she know, it had developed due to her solitary upbringing. Deep down, Akeldama cherished the feeling of another's touch, and she found that expressing herself through it was ultimately comforting.

Approaching hooves caught the inky mare's attention, pale eyes panning up to see another dark figure nearing the group. A dark gray unicorn, ebony horn spiraling out from his skull, had approached the group. A white marking could be seen on the back of his head, but Akeldama could not make out what it was. She was beginning to be frightened, as this could be one of the herd's leaders.

He welcomed her, his voice deep and eerie to the woman's unknowing ears. "Thank you." She quickly dipped her head in respect, just in case this was one of the Basin's high ranks. He immediately asked her intent here, and Akeldama frantically searched her mind for an answer. Truly, she had come here seeking a home and companionship, but if this was how the herd was run, Akeldama may not be in the right place.

"My name is Akeldama." Right. Start with names first and foremost. Fumbling again in her mind, she shut her eyes briefly, organizing scattered phrases into well structured sentences. "I have come here to seek a home, protection, and a family. Something of which I have never had." A hint of desperation flashed across her face, but it was gone within a second.

but dreams of love.
Physical closeness is not something that the blue mare shies away from—in fact, she welcomes it. She is a very affectionate character herself, and so when the midnight-frosted mare reaches forward to brush her cheek, Tiamat accepts the gesture readily, eagerly, with a smile softening the line of her lips. Almost subconsciously she shifts her weight closer to the other mare, settling into their friendship as if it hadn’t only blossomed the day before. It is easy for her to do so, to be so accepting and trusting of strangers, knowing nothing else but their kindness.

It is the wandering of Akeldama’s attention that causes Tiamat to shift her own, white eyes glancing through the glowing light of dusk to see the shadow of one of their Lords approaching them. He is almost easily recognizable now to the ocean mare—her heart still quickens in his presence, both nervous and excited to stand before her respected superior—his dark body crowned in a halo of light as he draws to a halt among their little gathering. “Lord Deimos,” Tiamat arches her slender neck in a humble bow to the dark gray stallion, ever respectful and ever loyal to his dutiful reign.

He addresses the antlered mare then, welcoming her to their mountain valley and fixing her with a steady gaze of his sapphire eyes. Akeldama seems to react well to his stern inquiry, showing very little of the discomfort that she had in the Threshold, which makes the ocean mare smile all the wider. “I think you’ve come to the right place, then!” She chimes in happily, reaching out to Akeldama should she need the comfort, or simply brush noses in a gesture of companionship.

“There are many facets of training that you can choose here, so you feel part of the herd. We all work together—like a family,” Tiamat gives a little nod in confirmation of her own beliefs, knowing the Aurora Basin to be a well-balanced and well-rounded camaraderie of individuals, nothing short of perfect. “There are the healers—that’s us—” she continues candidly, casting a smiling glance to Nox, “—the soldiers, wise ones—who communicate with the Gods—spies, crafters, and of course, our leaders.” She looks to Deimos here, flicking her tail behind her before returning her attention to Akeldama.

notes; I'm so sorry that it took so long! I also apologize for skipping Dressy, but I'm sure Maus is anxious to get Akeldama accepted xD
“Speech.”
image credits

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real
He smiled softly to the mare that was looking around the lands. She seemed excited and nervous all in the same time, but he knew that she had to be worried. Not being around others for a long time makes herd life hard to transition into, but if she was anything like himself she would be just fine. Then his eyes glanced to the reaper, his body lurked from the caves slinking down the rocks like a mist of black smoke. His presence filled the air, and the demonic creatures stood together once again, but this time Nox was in the position of Rexanna. He was guiding a lost soul to the basin to hopefully find her forever home. As the reaper neared and stood in front of them Nox also dipped his head in respect for the great Lord that had done so much for his new home. His onyx ghostly crown lifted back up to listen to what the mare had to say about wanting a home here. His gray emotionless eyes flicked back to Tiamat when she began to speak about her options. The new mares voice was slightly shaken speaking to their Lord, but that should fade away with time. Deimos was not the most pleasant creature to be around, and is edges were a bit, sharp... and deadly, to say the least. He really was not to intimidating though, but then again Nox was very much like his Lord so he never really saw the frightening side of him.

As Tiamat finished her last sentence he opened his black maw to speak "If your not sure what you want to do, a visit to Ashamin would be your best bet. He will guide you to your path in the herd, you just have to go ask him for help. Ashamin is the Haruspex, or as Tiamat said the Wise one. He read the stars for me to help guide me into mending.. I dont know what he saw... "He mumbled the last sentence almost to himself in a very deep latin tone as he looked to the ground. His Gray eyes flicked back up very quickly as he let a odd grin pierce his face. He wondered the path that this mare will choose, there truly are so many options that can be done here. She could do what ever her heart desired.

OOC:: @Tiamat @Akeldama @Deimos

Im soo sorry it took so long i have had a lot going on !!
Image Credits!

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
The void that cries through you
Deimos the Reaper

Akeldama – his ears pricked, swiveled, and listened to her ambitions, to the aspirations she carried – and they seemed brewed and steeped in secrets, in convolutions, in more than she was eager to share. He didn’t ask or plunder any further, regarding her sentiments and wishes through his scrutinizing, meticulous fold; knowing well of how the Basin’s familial veil ran – amidst strength, endurance, perserverance, and fortitude. They conquered and triumphed because they were a chord of tenacious tethers and belligerent wiles, conjured and entangled and shrouded in so many bestial splinters and savage endeavors, kept looped and coiled behind furtive lies and indifferent gestures. They were rock and rubble and ruin and tied so precariously to one another through domination and adherence; and where the constancy fell was at their weaker points, were amongst his flaws, his defects, his imperfections. When they were a unit, they were an incredible fighting force, a horde of beasts, monsters, and paragons to be reckoned with – and when they were drawn to a listless lull, perhaps they were even more forbidding and ruthless. If she was as desperate as her fleeting look indicated, maybe she’d stand a chance amongst their brigands and mutineers, along their revolutionaries and spies, clustered and masked and surrounded by barbarity, supremacy, and recoil.

Tiamat’s speech and gestures were welcome, a compassionate glance towards the rising peaks and the indifferent valleys, where the glacial rise gave away nothing and no one. Even Mortuus Nox offered his input, insisting she’d visit their Haruspex if she still hadn’t found a role to stay within. The Reaper’s cold stare fixated back upon the newcomer, and even then, he truly didn’t know what she yearned to be either. But, he’d still allot her the choice, the permission to remain in their stead, to find and discover where her heart twisted and laid. “You are welcome to stay, Akeldama.” He nodded towards both Basin members at their well-placed information, at their versed stead, far more capable of lending discourse than himself, grateful for their impact on the world before them. “There is no rush in pursuing your part within the herd. You may take your time and experience what the Basin has to offer.”

@Akeldama

Unregistered
Akeldama

Her newly found companions graciously informed the mare of her plentiful options of purpose in the new herd. She had many different positions to choose from, and as informed by her friends, she would have as long as she needed to find the right fit. Nox mentioned someone by the name of Ashamin, one of the herd's "wise ones", who had read the stars and given Nox his purpose. Interested, Akeldama grinned. "I believe a visit to this 'Ashamin' would be rightfully interesting." Her ears flicked at the prospect of meeting a "wise one", their otherwordly abilities intriguing the curious woman. Looking to her friends, her grin spread even wider. "Thank you two for helping me along. I wouldn't have found a home without you guys."

Lord Deimos' words caught the inky mare's attention once more, the unicorn informing her that she was welcome to stay in the herd. He further assured her that she would have all the time possible to find her place in the herd, but Akeldama didn't think it would be too terribly long. Grateful and finally confident in her right to stay, Akeldama dipped her front half in a bow, lowering onto her front knee. "Lord Deimos, I graciously thank you for your kindness and hospitality." Looking back up to the dark stallion, a kind smile spread across her lips. "I will find my place in time and when the time has come, I will devote myself to my purpose."

-----------------

@[Mortuus Nox] @[Tiamat] @[Deimos]

but dreams of love.
It is Nox that speaks next—the blue mare’s pale eyes shift to him, her fluted ears first perking forward before falling back. She hadn’t realized that Ashamin had helped him in his path of becoming a medic. It makes sense, now that she thinks about it, since the Haruspex’s purpose is to do just that: guide and advise. However, mention of the black and white stallion brings the shadow of a frown to Tiamat’s lips, the usual buoyancy in her chest weighted by the horrifying worries and fears that have haunted her since her awakening in the Threshold.

It couldn’t have been real.

Ashamin is still here, alive and well—he must be. He has to be. The thought of her dear friend coming to any harm, especially by her own doing, is enough to make the ocean mare sick. She had failed him, in that place between wakefulness and reveries, because she didn’t know what to do, there was nothing…she couldn’t…

He had died.

It was only a dream.

Trying to shake off the heaviness of doom and doubt that burdens her shoulders, Tiamat shifts her attention to their dark gray Lord, her smile returning softly when he welcomes Akeldama to their home. The midnight mare will be accepted graciously, Tiamat has no doubt about that, and is sure that she will find her place within their little family. Much to her joy, the antlered mare speaks optimistically of her future. “Of course—I’m so happy we were able to help you. The Basin is truly a wonderful home,” Tiamat offers her a warm smile, reaching out to her briefly, “And it’s always delightful to make a new friend!” A chiming, airy chuckle slips from her lips, the light dancing in her eyes again for a moment.

It brings her great happiness to know that she has given someone else what had been given to her so long ago—a home, a family. She revels in this moment, but she knows that she can’t linger much longer. Her fears need to be put to rest. “I’m going to have to ask you to excuse me, if you will—I need to find a friend,” the young mare shifts her weight where she stands, the length of her leonine tail swaying anxiously, though her smile soon grows more genuine.

“If you have any more questions, Akeldama, or need someone to talk to, don’t hesitate in seeking me out. I hope to see you again soon,” it is spoken in honest kindness, a gesture of camaraderie in this snowy Basin, and a token of friendship. Broadening her attention to include the two dark-colored stallions, she smiles again to them both before arching her neck in a dainty curtsy. “Good evening,” Tiamat dismisses them politely, almost hesitant to leave for a moment, but the urgency of her concern gets the best of her. In a twirl of dark hair and chiming shells, the blue mare sets off across the frozen ground.

notes; I figured it was okay to wrap this up!:)
“Speech.”
image credits | @Akeldama @Mortuus Nox
@Deimos