the Rift

[OPEN] RESONANT [joining]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

The large stag shifts further away from his bed to make room for the spotted mare as she beings to move towards him. “The pleasure is mine, Sabri…” The words die on his lips as the sight of his King- Queen?- appears from between the trees. Deep blue eyes first widen in surprise- for every time he had met the spotted stud, he had appeared impassive, detached. To hear his voice hoarse from the dried tears that hid so well on his white cheeks shocked the elephant immensely. He hadn’t been certain that his leader could feel so much.

His astonishment quickly morphs to concern as he mentally berates himself. Often the most outwardly stoic of creatures possess the most deeply rooted emotions. It is out of both habit and necessity that they conceal their feelings, lest they be flippantly abused by the fleeting whims of more superficial souls.

So the elephantine stallion’s brow creases in worry as he bobbed his massive black horn in greeting, though stays quiet at Mauja and Sabriel  exchange words. Head and gaze swings between the two questioningly, for the words are indeed strange. What had happened at the Threshold that had made Mauja surprised by the joining of Sabriel? And what infused such sharp uncertainty into Sabriel’s voice when she spoke of a ‘home’?

Feeling much at a disadvantage in a particularly awkward situation, the mammoth blew out a quiet breath from between his thick lips, resettled himself to attempted comfort as he cocked a hind leg, and tried to set the trio at ease, “Mauja, my friend, whatever would make you doubt someone following your good self to the Edge?” He smiled lopsidedly as his deep easy voice rumbled around them. “It’s clearly a good home to choose,” he winked at the exhausted mare, “So I happily welcome you to the Edge.”

Though his words and voice were at ease, he was not immune to the anxiety permeated the atmosphere in the small clearing between the trees. Unconsciously, he uneasily shifted his bulk from one hind leg to the other, wondering if it wouldn’t be best for the weary mare to just sleep in his bed before attempting to iron out whatever issues had arose between the Threshold and now, "I would offer a tour of the herdlands, but right now you look like you would appreciate my bed more," he glances at the large grassy area he had vacated. He took a quiet, deep breath and glanced between the one larger one less large spotted creatures before him.
image credits
- table by Niki -

@Mauja @Sabriel womp womp, even Temb feels awkward now XD

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
RESONANT [joining] - by Sabriel - 08-26-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: RESONANT [joining] - by Tembovu - 08-30-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: RESONANT [joining] - by Mauja - 09-06-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: RESONANT [joining] - by Sabriel - 09-06-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: RESONANT [joining] - by Tembovu - 09-07-2015, 06:30 AM
RE: RESONANT [joining] - by Mauja - 09-12-2015, 10:26 AM