the Rift

Writing Growth

Mbizi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I happened to find this site while prancing about the internet and thought it would be a good one to share with you all.

I imagine it helps with growth of writing and pointing out errors that will potentially help you out should you fix them.

Anyways, enjoy loves (or don't lol).

<3

Crescencia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Very interesting tool! I will say, though, that I tend to disagree on the Editor's stance on complex sentences. While overly complex is never good, too many simple sentences makes your writing "sound" short and uninvolved, in my opinion.

According to the Editor, the last sentence above is apparently "very hard to read."

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu
omg that is amazingly cool!
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Mbizi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Ink I must agree with you there, I've just been ignoring what is said to be wrong when I feel it looks correct and more so using it for other things to make me pay a little more attention to my writing, in hopes it will improve.

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Oh gods. Just tried posting a reply I just made and the whole text glowed red and yellow. Seems like I need to become more concise and less... confusing. xD

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
This is a really good site but be careful, too. It's called the Hemingway editor for a reason, it's following his rules of style. He has a very distinct, clear-short-sentence style that might interfere with your own and there were some perfectly fine sentence structures and grammatical tools he refused to use in his writing and frowned upon in general. It's really cool technology but just take it with a grain of salt! It also will mark a sentence as fine so long as you remove things like commas, extra words, and em-dashes, even if it doesn't parse/make sense with your edits. It's really watching out for that more than anything else. Hemingway was certainly a wonderful writer but there are many writers that use much more grammar purplish language than he ever did and are just as renowned, and many onsite have such lovely styles that might not fit with Hemingway's style. :3

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead