[PRIVATE] Just one beat of your heart
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
your love and my due diligence, the only things worth fighting for

She was not actively peering into his head at this moment, afraid of rejection that would send waterfalls of ice crumbling to the base of her heart. If he were to deny her this moment and walk away, she would be broken, far more than she was even now, and that was not a foe she could face head on. But, if she had heard his thoughts, she would have scoffed. He was not good enough? He was broken? If anything, those questions should be reversed. Her heart had been torn, everything she loved with the exception of a few had died (most gruesomely). And she was not innocent, not in a few ways. She bore a child, though with no memory of the occurrence, but that was not exactly what she had in mind…

The crimson on her body, the duality of her eyes and eerie air of mystery was deep within her blood. Riekahn, the Crimson King of Dorngarrow was her grandsire, and the red carried through his bloodline like a disease. None were pure from his wrath, and the thousands dead by his and his children’s hooves would haunt them for generations more. She was born by violence, into violence, and like any child of the darkness, she was inherently flawed. Her memories thick with detail and rich in clarity, haunted her every waking moment, and thus forgiveness would forever be a challenge.

How could you forgive when the pain you felt in that moment lingered? When even a year from now, it felt like yesterday?

She couldn’t forget.

Her loyalties were few, and now that she was part of the World’s Edge, she had officially served every herd in Helovia. She had been a spy in most, knew more secrets, perhaps, than any other being here. Ophelia had been at the root of nearly every war, and if not herself, then her father. In every way, she was flawed, a wretched creature of vengeance and heresy, Forsaken by the gods then love once more, and yet he thought he was not good enough? That he even looked her way was a miracle, and that she didn’t turn him away with her awkward words and isolating habits was even more so.

All of these doubts and scars raced through her mind as she waited for his response, feeling anticipation crawl over her skin like thousands of eager ants. Even her heart beat thrummed heavily, holding her breath and praying for affection in return.

Instead of words, his thick neck wrapped around her, yanking her off balance and into his thick, muscular frame, and she chuckled. Finding her footing again, she rested her face against his neck, heart full to the brim with his perfect reply. He was right, after all. There were no words in that moment that would have given her soul such joy, and she inhaled his masculine scent, burying her face in his braids.

Ophelia hissed in a playful breath as his whiskered lips traced over her skin, and she grimaced, flinching from his affectionate nips. She laughed softly, the sound gentle as chimes in a summer breeze. His deep voice rumbled, weight leaden on his affectionate words, so she closed her eyes to feel him talk, words vibrating through his skin and into her very heart. She let her muzzle fall along the path of his shoulder, stepping into him more to nibble at the base of his withers, scratching there gently. Ophelia was unsure of his physical desires, considering she was woefully ignorant of any memories involving the God of Time.

His scent changed – something musky and mind numbing which she found dangerously attractive. Though she lacked most instincts, her mind having more room for memories, her body seemed to have a modicum of wisdom regarding natural inclinations. Crimson dipped strands of her white tail swished languidly around her haunches, neck arching and lifting in elegant, regal pride so rare for this shy and hiding spy. In fact, she was almost being coy, though she would deny it if anyone rumored her actions. Ophelia even smirked, blinking long, white lashes as she bit him, perhaps a little harder than necessary, along his back. 

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Just one beat of your heart - by Ophelia - 08-27-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: Just one beat of your heart - by Torleik - 08-29-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Just one beat of your heart - by Ophelia - 09-06-2015, 09:38 PM
RE: Just one beat of your heart - by Torleik - 12-06-2015, 04:40 PM
RE: Just one beat of your heart - by Ophelia - 12-06-2015, 06:48 PM