forever [paladin]

Soleil the Virtuous Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 11
ali

S O L E I L
Does it have to start with a broken heart
Broken dreams and bleeding parts

Solstice had long since left, but Soleil had stayed standing right where she was in the middle of the meadow. Anxiety coursed through her veins and made her heart beat heavily in her chest. Paladin was a strong stallion and very capable, but she was still nervous everytime a battle presented itself. As capable, skilled, and strong as he might be death was always a possibility. It was something she feared more than anything else because losing a loved one was the most painful thing she had ever experienced. She certainly didn't want to lose Paladin to a stupid battle over a herdland.

She watched the sun as it sank down over the horizon, painting the sky in different shades of orange, pink, and gold. It was a sight she had to watch alone, but it gave her hope. How could there be such a beautiful sunset if tragedy had struck home and Paladin had been taken from her? There was no way that could happen, she was sure. He would come to her just as they had planned to meet and she would fuss over his battle scars and they would go back home together.

The sun disappeared from view and the first stars began to twinkle in the sky. Her head raised as she looked at them and waited for the sound of approaching hooves and the strong, masculine scent that belonged to Paladin.

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

PALADIN
The sound of iron shocks is stuck in my head

Paladin the Valiant grunted, his mind racing over the battle he just fought. His sisters deserved every injury they got, but why were they here? Damn them. Naturally, they would pair themselves with the dark and mysterious, all unicorn Edge, but there were those among the horned ranks who Paladin knew were innocent of the cruelty - like poor Ricciardo. Still, he knew that he had to fight for equality, but the lines here were blurred beyond a point of comfort.

The crimson black dun picked up a bold trot, the injuries to his him merely on the surface; he could ignore them. However, the cut over his eye was crusty with blood, and he wondered how terrible it looked, resting on top of his already scarred face and neck. For some reason, the mane on his neck refused to grow anymore, and he wondered if that was a consequence of the dragon's fire; interesting consequence.

He remained on the battlefield for a few more moments, trying to gather his warriors to take them home. The stallion wished that Poppy was here to help his noble band, but she was not. So, they would have to make their way back to the Foothills carefully and slowly. Perhaps Mirage would allow them to stay and recover. He did not know. Paladin would go back to speak, but as soon as the battle was over, he knew exactly what he wanted - needed - to do.

He missed Soleil. Paladin's hooves picked his way up the side of a mountain path, feeling the cold, winter's breeze begin to settle an ache in a few of his joints. He pushed through, reaching the top of the hill to see Soleil there, standing beautifully beneath the moonlight. Though the Sun God had taken her hide in anger, gold beauty, precious had regrown in its place. She was stunning. Paladin ran to her, hooves tearing dirt with a wild touch, and he stopped on his haunches when he reached her, crimson eyes filling with affection.

The stallion wrapped his neck over hers, his muzzle searching her crest and tender, pretty ears as if he was trying to memorize her form all over again. "I missed you..." he murmured deeply.

Deceased
ali

S O L E I L

She winded him long before she heard the thundering of his hooves that signified his approach. Soleil turned and waited for him, nervous anxiety making her body tremble in a way that was foreign to her. He was coming, yes, but that didn't stop her from worrying. It didn't stop her from wondering what injuries he had sustained. She remembered his burns from the fight against her mother. That had been a simple fight with one other being. He had just been in a battle with countless others that would be out for blood. That was the price for invading and taking someone's home.

He approached quickly, his muscular form taking strides that had him nearly upon her in no time. As he slid to a stop she moved close, her blue eyes already sweeping over his dark body and taking note of the injuries he'd sustained. She didn't fail to notice that above his eye was crusted over with blood. Before she could even fuss over it he'd wrapped his neck over hers and was nuzzling her ears. Soleil smiled and pressed herself against her mare, rubbed her face against his neck.

"I missed you, too." He had only been gone for a day or so at the most, but she always missed him when he was away and longed for him. "I'm so happy you're home." She murmured. "I love you." She didn't ask about the outcome of the battle. The only thing she cared about was that Paladin was back and she hadn't lost him to war yet.

Deceased
Tamme

PALADIN

Paladin smiled, feeling his heart full to bursting with affection and love. No matter what choices he made or what questions he had, everything was right when he was with her. All the worries and troubles that constantly plagued his mind melted away into the tightness in his chest and the familiar smell of her mane. What he would not give to live in this perfect world with her forever. Wait, could he? The stallion was planning on letting the herd decide their own fate anyway, so could he not just leave and live his own, simple life?

Her words graced his ears, and he smiled softly. "I love you too," he murmured back, the words moving from his lips as easy as breathing. He allowed himself a move more moments of simply enjoying being next to her before drifted back to look into her stunning eyes. They always managed to capture his breath in his throat. He forgot how to breathe when he lost himself in her gaze. "We won," he replied. "But, two of my sisters are here." He frowned deeply, shaking his head. "They are unable to shake what my father did to them, and it hurts me that they have suffered. One of them managed to get my hip, but they ended up much worse for the wear than I."

He paused. "How would you feel if we left the herd life and made our own path?" he asked curiously, searching her features for any sign or thought on his question. He swore sometimes that she was a sphynx, absolutely unreadable. Though, perhaps that was just because he was too close to look at her with any other gaze than love.

Deceased
ali

S O L E I L

The knowledge that they had won the invasion mattered very little to Soleil. The battle had affected her, as did all of Paladin's battles. She didn't want to hear about it. Didn't want to know how many had died, were injured, or had become captives. It was not because she was turned to jelly at the sight of blood or death, but because she knew how quickly and effectively death could strike and strip away something very dear. Any one of those bodies could have very well been Paladin and she would have been just another broken soul that death had left behind carelessly.

Her eyes became troubled as Paladin spoke of his sisters, next. One of them she knew of. Giselle. The bitch that had attacked the Tides with Nyra. What did that mean? She knew how much Giselle had hated Paladin and could only assume the same of this other sister that had been part of the battle. Would that mean they would continuously hunt Paladin? Would they have to be on guard constantly to make sure that no harm came to either of them. What kind of life was that to live, constantly looking over your shoulder for the person that would stab you in the back? He mentioned his hip and her eyes flitted to the stab wound there before returning to his face.

The troubled look became shocked then confused as Paladin mentioned leaving the Foothills. She had been in herds for most of her life, leaving one behind now seemed so very foreign to her. Where would they go? Would there be enough protection for them being on their own? It took Soleil a few moments of thinking about it and mulling it over in her head before she spoke again. "You know I'll go anywhere with you." She smiled. "Even if you want to live out in the middle of a desert I would be there with you." She stepped forward and bumped her muzzle against his. "I have a question for you, now." She pulled back and grinned teasingly at the dark stallion. "How would you feel about becoming a father again?"

Deceased
Tamme

PALADIN

Paladin listened to her words and chuckled a little, smiling. He hooked his neck over hers again, thinking about how freeing it would be to not have the responsibility of so many on his war torn shoulders. The stallion loved all of those who lived in the Foothills, and he found them beautiful. Still, he wanted to open a new chapter of his life and begin again - fresh and new. "I am looking forward to being able to not have so many lives hang in the balance of my abilities," he murmured. "Just yours."

The charcoal and crimson stallion then shifted back, closing his eyes as their muzzles touched, her warm breath moving over his whiskers. She was so kind and beautiful, but she had a fierceness that was overwhelmingly strong. When she pulled away from him, his eyes snapped open, and he raised a brow curiously at her grin. Typically that expression meant that she knew something that he did not or that she wanted to be naughty. Either case was fine with him, and he snorted a little, arching his neck proudly.

Children? His crimson eyes opened wider. Well, their first two had turned out okay. As for their second two... the colts had disappeared and he could not blame them. They had his blood running through their veins. No doubt the twins were wreaking havoc somewhere. "Only if you are ready. Having so many twins was not easy on you..." he trailed, wincing at the thought of his love in labor with two children. Paladin could say beyond a shadow of a doubt that in that moment, he was more frightened than on any battle field. Soleil was ten times stronger than he was for fighting through that pain.