the Rift

Circles [OPEN]

Ruairi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
“Yeah… to both I mean. I guess I haven’t met very many strangers.”

Aside from Nyx I’ve always known everyone that I know now. The world becomes a pretty small place when you and all your neighbors have an average forty foot wing span. Ease of contact is probably a huge factor in my lack of orientation too, though I doubt any reasoning would fully excuse a Pegasus not having any sense of direction.

Whenever the winds grow too rough or my wings start to tire I just land among friends and begin again when the weather settles. Back home we’re all loosely connected by some aunt or uncle, cousin or sister, so there’s no animosity between herds. Nyx isn't a relative, but she's been just as kind to me, so I guess this isn’t much different.

“That would be really nice of you! I don’t know anything about Helovia yet, except what I saw from the sky. Lots of trees… islands… and some snow up north. Which way is your homeland?”

Anxiety forgotten, I settle my wings more loosely against myself and shuffle forward in something that’s not quite a walk but nothing like a trot either. It’s a gait unique to certain families called a running walk and I find it infinitely more comfortable for traveling on foot than a regular walk or trot, though cantering is pleasant too. With this though, each hoof lands independently of the others so I always have an easy tempo to follow and three supporting legs for every step through uneven terrain. I do have to move my legs a little quicker than others, but with the wings I still take fewer steps overall.

OOC: I'll be away for the weekend, but back in action Monday. :)
RUAIRI

manip | table | bg

@Nyx

Messages In This Thread
Circles [OPEN] - by Ruairi - 08-29-2015, 12:18 PM
RE: Circles [OPEN] - by Nyx - 08-29-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: Circles [OPEN] - by Ruairi - 09-02-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Circles [OPEN] - by Nyx - 09-02-2015, 02:17 PM
RE: Circles [OPEN] - by Ruairi - 09-03-2015, 02:51 PM
RE: Circles [OPEN] - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 04:24 PM