the Rift

SWP :: Gods do die Part III

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

The bloody forest around us seemed to brighten--bloom--in the aftermath of the battle.

The chaos came to a surprising end—like it was almost too short or someshit, like I had been expecting a drawn out slaughter or whatever—and as I got to my feet, my leg having stopped trembling and aching thanks to the fuck given by some strange bitch, I watched with dull senses as my Pa went around to many of the fighters that had gathered, throwing some blood (to remind us of something important, probably) and handing my Ma a god’s bone, a memento of the carnage that that bear had sparked in all of us.

And then he—well, when he was done with everyone there—

--he turned to me.

And gave me shit.

And all I could do was stand there like an idiot, my mouth gaping, open and closed, as he turned from me and left this plane.

I stood there for….damn, I dunno how long. Weighed down with the things he had given me—the words and the strap and everything( sparklight), all of it bubbling up in me like champagne, air bubbles and whatnot making my brain go fuzzy and numb with—

--and—

--and--

….whatever.

It didn’t last long, though. Gradually the bubbles started bursting, replaced by  the heat and the spark of something that I’d been chewing on this whole time, threatening to choke me out if I didn’t let it fly anytime soon.

So I did.

I ignored the girl who healed me, ignored the fact that there were two others helping you bring me my sword back (the idea of which left me dizzier than I’d like so I’m gonna stop thinking about that—); I turned and I searched and I found my prey, and as soon as I did—the fight was on.

HEY!! I screeched, my whole everything livid and on fire as my eyes sparked at the sight of—

--well, y’know. Faux-to-to.

I stomped toward her, a demon on the march, I didn’t care that she had been hurt, that I had almost hurt someone else’s companion (for some strange goddamn reason), that there were others here wounded, or super hurt, or traumatized, or confused, or whatever the hell. In fact, all of that knowledge kinda spurred me forward, and my whole spirit shook with the rage I was unleashing a poor, fallen girl of earth.

“Let’s get one thing goddamned straight,” I hissed, my voice bubbling out like fire even though I didn’t deal with that bullshit, “Don’t you EVER let me catch you putting these people—my MA-- this land--anything, anything at risk like that again! Do you hear me?! The next time you set yourself against me, I will wreck your shit and end it. Do you understand that much, you Nameless Bitch?

I trembled in front of her, my whole body jumping, sparked and electrified, the air above my back rippling with the flashes my iridescent wings. I stared at her, waiting--wishing)— she would give me a reason right that moment.

(Some sparklight I’m turning out to be.)

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
SWP :: Gods do die Part III - by Random Event - 08-29-2015, 05:07 PM
RE: SWP :: Gods do die Part III - by Roskuld - 08-29-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: SWP :: Gods do die Part III - by Volterra - 08-29-2015, 05:51 PM
RE: SWP :: Gods do die Part III - by Knox - 08-29-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: SWP :: Gods do die Part III - by Ashamin - 08-29-2015, 06:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Gods do die Part III - by Erthë - 08-29-2015, 07:36 PM
RE: SWP :: Gods do die Part III - by Öde - 08-29-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: SWP :: Gods do die Part III - by Mauja - 08-30-2015, 07:44 AM
RE: SWP :: Gods do die Part III - by Thranduil - 08-30-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: SWP :: Gods do die Part III - by Maren - 08-30-2015, 06:25 PM