the Rift

[PRIVATE] Forever in our sweetest dream

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
I'm like a prayer you whisper from your window to the world

The sun had long since dipped below the horizon. Marking the place somewhere in the west where it had vanished was a lingering green glow, but that too was quickly fading into the darkness of night. Spring was upon them but on the endless fields the drifts of snow lay vast and deep, unlikely to vanish completely until summer. The wind that came howling down from the north was cold, whistling and whining with nothing more than the rare grove of dwarfed trees to impede its progress. It bit greedily at everything, tried to coat every surface in glittering frosty crystals. But while the white child could feel the wind and the fragile shards encase her in ice the sensation was neither painful nor entirely unpleasant.

As cold as the landscape around her she staggered slowly through the snow, tired beyond belief and more bothered by the beauty in the wintry landscape than she wanted to admit. It reminded her too much of the frozen monster she had helped defeat. A manifestation of ice and cold, of winter and greed and stagnation - yet still a god, just as much as the sparkling deity of Time. The implications of this unsightly display of weakness and mortality would surely have shook her deeper if the child had been old enough to understand the concepts of immortality, divinity, but right now it was enough to have seen someone die. Butchered. Cut to pieces and handed out like horrible tokens of gratitude for a deed that surely should never have been committed. She had said so, the magnificent flying princess who fought to defend the bear. That it was wrong, that they had no right.

But what choice did they have? The bear had attacked, hadn't it? And the Sparklight had been so angry once the battle was over, Erthë had heard her voice echo across the quieting battlefield as she berated the princess for risking her family by siding with the dead god.

No, it was too confusing, more than the young fawn could fully comprehend. It felt as though she stood balancing on the sharp edge of a snow drift, pushed back and forth by stubborn winds with no way of knowing what she would step on if she jumped down on either side. There was so much she didn't know, and it made her angry with herself. Why didn't she know? Why had no one told her about gods, about battles and fighting and the courage it took to move when magic whistled through the air? She grew angry with her parents too for not teaching her, oblivious and ignorant of the deadly horrors she had been forced to whitness - no participate in.

But as soon as she touched on the kind, gentle and caring people that raised her the dove's heart softened and bled with heavy longing. Oh how she regretted sneaking out on her own, without telling anyone. She was both hungry and tired, it had been two days at least since she slipped away, but more than food or shelter she missed their presence, their warm embrace and comforting voices.

Erthë sobbed quietly, but it was a dry and weak sound that tore away with the wind. She had cried so much these past days that the girl felt she shouldn't have any tears left in her. The cheeks were striped and glittering where tears had paved way through the blood and grime and frozen in the woolly coat, and the one healthy eye felt swollen and dry, burning much too bright from lack of sleep and witnessing the unspeakable horrors of war.

Yet... even through the mental haze and the swirling snow and the darkness, she thought she could see peaks rising in the distance, larger now than they had been before. Unless she was hopelessly lost she was getting closer to the Basin, where she hoped her family would be waiting.

They better be. For her sake, and for theirs.

Lines by Darya87

@Vadim @Soren @Random Event

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
SOREN
Run away with me
Lost souls and reverie
Running wild and running free
Two kids, you and me

I had traveled north, into the freezing alps, where maybe I hoped to run into my siblings, but naturally my two brothers seemed to evade me. Then again, they all seemed to evade me. One sister had ignored my call, the other had chased me off. For the love of god, I just wanted to see my family united, was that to much to ask?

Blue eyes searched through the darkness, and while I had seen a few pass by, none I knew, and oddly enough all of these strangers where covered in blood. As I continue on into the wild, looking for some place for me to stay the night I catch movement. For a moment I stop, and I shake my head. I don't think I saw anything. But again something white moves, and a soft sob that was on the wind catches my ears. There was really someone there. I move forward, and I follow the sound. Once I approach I see a child, a very white feathered child. My ears flip forward, and softly I clear my throat. 

"Excuse me. Are you okay?"

My voice is deep, and concerned as I lower my nose towards the child. Why was she crying? Was she safe? Where in the world where her parents? 

Slowly I move to lay down close to her, but not to close. I didn't want to scare her, but I wanted to make sure she didn't find me a threat, and at 17.2 hands I was a large guy, and easily intimidating. Then again I was incredibly dorky and not yet filled out so maybe she wasn't intimidated at all.

And I say
Hey, hey hey hey,
Living like we're renegades

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

VADIM         

twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
blinded by me, you can't see a thing

It is a cold fear and a sense of dread that settls over Vadim like a heavy blanket when he finally realizes that his child has slipped away from him. He is too caught up in Shadow's health, trying to get her healed to notice Erthë slip away. Now he searches for her after assuring Shadow that he will find her and bring her back. Vlasi soars high overhead, her eagle form allowing her keen eyes to search the ground below for the snow white filly, the little runaway.

It is not Erthë that Vlasi spots, but the darker stallion and she alerts her bonded to it. The shape-shifter descends and as she does she spots the filly. 'Kid with stallion.' she says and it makes Vadim's frown deepen. "Where?" He asks and, through their bond, Vadim can see where his child is. He is thankful that he's lived long enough in the Steppe to know the landmarks. 'Kid injured.' The rougarou says through their bond. 'Going down.' As she descends there is the sound of rushing water as her form changes from the eagle to her cerberus form. Her paws hit the snow and she positions herself between Erthë and Soren, teeth bared and growling.

Vadim arrives only moments later, his ears are slicked back against his head and he snorts. "Erthë!" He barks, his voice thick with his anger and worry as he looks at his only child, battered and bruised. He stops several feet away from her, his gaze flickers momentarily to the other stallion before he looks back at his daughter. "Come. Here." 

You are in so much trouble, little girl.

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Chan

She hadn't seen the tall, dark stranger approach. So intent upon the peaks on the horizon had she been than the sound of his voice made her flinch and turn, fear constricting her heart and ruffling the soft down of her tiny, useless wings. What instinct was it that made her spread them and flap, as though to get away? They had never carried her into the sky before, and would not be able to do so either for at least another two seasons. Yet still they rose and fell and sent the powdery snow swirling around her, and as she backed away the tail thrashed in mock anger, as if by whipping it back and forth like a furious feline she might scare the big, looming, unknown man away.

And then, with no warning, Vlasi was there. With a crackling ZAP she materialized between them, all heads and teeth and vicious snarls, and Erthë had never been so happy to see her before in her life. She looked up, heart beating fast as hope came alive within her, and when her seeing eye landed upon the father's familiar, loved figure the tears began to fall in earnest.

"Daddy!"

Oh, but he looked nothing like her usual kind, soft-spoken father. He sounded angry, and looked almost dangerous with the folded ears and the hard, commanding eyes. The smile immediately flickered and died away on her lips and at his words she flinched again. The growling cerberus and the stranger receive a quick glance but she did not dare defy her father, not when he looked like he was about to kick something. So she obeyed, tail tucked between the sore, painful legs where curious boils just had begun to emerge, the small wings drooping miserably from the dirty, blood-stained sides.

"Daddy, I..." But with another glance at his pale, blue-marked face she closed her lips tightly, too shaken by the never before seen expression to say another word without permission.

Lines by Darya87

@Soren - yay family gathering! :D
@Random Event - again, because boils.

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
SOREN
Run away with me, Lost souls and reverie, Running wild and running free, Two kids, you and me

Gods. Why the fuck did everyone react like I was some kind of monster? I certainly wasn't ugly. Despite how I tried to not startle the child she still managed to flip out.

I mean really, was all that flapping necessary? It's not like I even touched her. I just laid down, nearish to her. Honestly, I just wanted to make sure she was safe since I don't see any adults other than me around.

Hey, hey, hey! I am not going to hurt you... I promise! My voice is soft, deep. But honest. Don't be scared. I'm not a bad guy. Just kinda on the awkward giant side.

But you know what. Apparently that wasn't sitting well with anyone. Because a creature of some sort just falls from the goddamn sky right in front of me, spitting, and hissing, and growling. My ears fall back at the creature as I lurch my body upwards. Today was not my day.

The girls voice is light as another male approaches. She calls him daddy. He calls her Erthë. His voice is gruff, and not happy. Probably not at her or I. My eyes flick down at the creature, ears flattened.

"Stop with the dramatics. I was making sure she was all right."

My eyes slip upwards, watching the exchange between father and daughter, eyes dark and glaring. They move between them, before landing and staying trained on the stallion. He looks like I should know him. I try wracking my mind to figure it out, but I am begining to be much more preoccupied.

"You should keep track of your child better, sir. There are many stallions who are not nearly as nice as I am, and who might take advantage of the poor thing in her state."

Really dude. Parenting is kind of a commitment. And whatever happened to the kid obviously was hard core. She's bruised and battered. She could have been killed, whatever happened.

And I say, Hey, hey hey hey, Living like we're renegades

@Vadim @Erthë

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

VADIM         

twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
blinded by me, you can't see a thing

"Daddy, I..."

"Enough." Vadim says because he does not want to hear his daughter's excuses about why she had run off. The only thing that he needs to know is that she ran and she had gotten herself hurt because of it. "Do you have any idea how worried your mother is?" He asks as the young filly comes to stand before him. "She's worried sick." He says only seconds after asking his question. He takes the time, then, to look his child over and he sees the extent of her injuries and it makes his blood boil. "Where did you go? What happened to you? Who did this?" His questions come one after the other and he stares expectantly at his child. She will answer his questions and she will be truthful.

"You should keep track of your child better, sir. There are many stallions who are not nearly as nice as I am, and who might take advantage of the poor thing in her state."

Vadim finally looks up again, his icy blue eyes focusing on the stallion that spoke. "When I want your advice I'll ask for it." He replies coldly. "Until that point I suggest you mind your own business." As of to drive her master's point home, Valsi snarls and snaps her jaws at the darker stallion. He looks, then, back to his daughter and his body shifts to reveal the path he's traveled to find her. "Come." He says and he lowers his head to touch his daughter's forelock. "We'll find your mother and a healer... then we'll talk more about your adventure." Punishment, he decided, would be left up to her mother, but there was no way that his child would be wandering off again without a chaperon.

"."

Credits

Icon by Tay

Chan

Cowering under the force of her father's sharp gaze she did as she was told and related the long story of how she had wanted to explore and left the sheltered Basin valley. Skipping the boring parts where she just walked, she hurried on to explain in childish terms the sudden appearance of a blood red forest and the battle of the gods.

"And he said my name, daddy! Even though I didn't tell anyone there what it was. He told me to collect crystals from the Winter Bear, and I did as he said, and all went well until it was almost over. There was some blood from the Bear that spilled on me and it burned me! Here, and here!"

With trembling lips she showed her father the hopelessly damaged eye and the acid-like burns on the face and neck, the sting of which had already begun to fade. The patches in the dense coat would disappear with the shedding of the woolly coat and the blood could be rinsed off. But the eye, the half-blind, once green eye was swollen and leaking, and where the eyelid opened the iris looked pale and damaged, truly blind now.

"And then, the bear fell down and didn't move anymore, and the Time god picked it apart!" Shock and horror at this bled through in word and action as she shuddered at the memory. "He said things and gave the pieces to others who were there, but I didn't wait because I wanted to go home..."

Oh, Erthë wanted so badly to just hide away by her father's chest and forget everything she had seen, but his anger pushed her away. Trembling with hunger and fatigue she longed for food too, and to sleep for days and days.

The stranger spoke, sounding irritated. Father snapped back and the filly winced, tiny ears disappearing into the fluffy mane in fright. Why were they mad at one another? Did their stomachs hurt too, just like hers?

"Father..?" she tried quietly after a moment of silence. "What is a 'god'?"

The healthy, seeing eye turned fleetingly towards the horned stranger, as though to ask him too. And in that moment it struck her as odd how very similar the two stallions were, even though their colors were completely different. It was something in the posture, and the way they tucked their ears, and maybe...

But no, she must be imagining it.

Lines by Darya87

@Soren