the Rift

SWP :: Not without consequences

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
I'm like a prayer you whisper from your window to the world

She was a moonbeam trickling through leafing branches, a final winter wind stirring the nodding buds of the first flowers of spring. Her step was silent as a breath (a very hoarse and oddly loud breath) and her passing went completely unnoticed (save from the clever, cunning birds that cascaded from their perch among the brambles). From the north she had come, following in the wake of the Golden Lord ever since he left the Aurora Basin. Whenever she grew tired or wanted to quit this dangerous game of stealth Mother was there with encouraging smiles and whispered praise, urging her on, ever on.

"If you insist on going out on your own all the time, at least let me teach you how to become a shadow. So that whenever trouble finds you, all you have to do is slip into the background, listen and learn, and return to me unharmed."

That was what mother had said, and reluctantly the winter princess had accepted. Not in her wildest dreams could she have imagined that Mother would take it this seriously however; never in her life had Erthë been so tired, stumbled so many times or been so scared that someone would turn around and notice her. Mother had never been stern towards her before but now she would tolerate no mistakes. Any act of clumsiness was met with those vibrant amethyst eyes, hard as gems and without mercy, and so the filly found herself forced to learn fast - with the unspoken threat of returning home and staying beneath her parents watchful eyes for the rest of her life.

Mountains fell away and forest took over and so far nothing eventful had happened. But now that the nature of the forest changed, the child hesitated in her step, faltering as the vegetation grew denser, taller, greener in a shade she hadn't seen before. There was a feeling to this place that she remembered only too vividly, that brought to mind a red forest and the bleeding carcass of a god being ripped into by greedy soldiers hungry for tokens and tributes... The battle haunted her dreams every night, and the thought of walking straight towards another one made her feel cold with dread.

But Shadow urged her on, disbelieving at first but increasingly tense as the winding paths brought them further into the depths of the labyrinth. She held Erthë back as they heard voices up ahead, took over the lead and brought them closer slowly, carefully, until they could both see and hear without being seen.

Erthë peered out from under her mothers belly, wide eyed and fearful as she looked out across the gathered horses. It gave her a strange feeling of deja-vu to witness the scenery before her; it was the same sparkling strangers with confused, wary looks upon their faces, the same faces she recognized from the battlefield, the very same tension in the air. It all emanated from a single quiet person, and in watching her the foal felt her breath leave in a soft, awestruck sigh. If this was not a god like the Time one, no one was. Never in her life had the child seen anyone as beautiful, as mysterious and powerful as this lady.

"Mom, who is she?" the moon-bright filly breathed, oblivious to anything else. Her feet carried her forward, past her mother and out into the clearing, only vaguely registering the presence of two - no three - kind mares who previously had sacrificed their own safety to protect her. A poor way to repay the kindness, walking into danger like this. But Erthë was blind to everything but the lavender queen, the Lady above all, and didn't listen to Shadow's hissed orders.

She simply wanted to get closer so she could admire the goddess from up close.

Lines by Darya87

Contest Winner @Random Event - infected

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Shadow has contracted the Blood Falls Boils from Erthë.

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Shadow hissed in irritation and hurried to catch up with her daughter, ill at ease with the crowd of strangers and more than a little embarrassed to reveal her presence to the golden unicorn lord. He had probably noticed a long time ago that someone was following him, but how he would react to being used for tracking practice she couldn't predict. With a bit more force than she felt ought to have been necessary she clasped her daughters downy withers between her teeth and held her back, preventing her from going any closer to the dark-wielding goddess.

"Probably the Moon Goddess" she replied and wrapped a wing securely over Erthë's back to prevent her from slipping away. "She is very powerful and not very nice, from what I've heard..."

She threw a glance down at her second-born and saw to her dismay that the child wasn't listening. Sea-green eyes were too busy staring in fervent admiration at the lavender-hued Immortal, and Shadow suppressed a desire to laugh. She couldn't blame the filly for being overwhelmed; the aura of power radiating from the mare was imposing and made it hard to notice anything else. But this was not the time to be distracted. With narrowed eyes the crow-winged mare took in the faces of the crowd, noting the presence of Ampere, Maren and several other familiar faces amidst the strangers. The tension in the air was palpable, so permeated with magic that her feathers quivered and the hair stood along the spine...

This was not a good place to be. Shadow wanted to leave and take her daughter as far away from this place as she could; but the child remained deaf to her muttered instructions, and Shadow resigned to the inevitable. She would just have to protect them both then, and try not to get noticed by any of her former allies in the process. Oh, why would Thranduil have to be there, to see and judge and suspect that she hadn't told him the whole truth...

shadow

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
Finally, I could get some time to think and stretch my wings on my own. This Helovia was a strange place, with those that questioned and stared at me as though I carried a personal plague. Perhaps I did, and I simply wasn't aware. Perhaps it was the dragon's blood that pulsed within my veins, sending a natural-born fear into the hearts of others. I had managed to find a friendly Helovian or two, but I still needed to get away to wrap my head around the fact that no one familiar was around anymore. I was thrown haphazardly into a new land while others were left behind, while Urd was destroyed. What did this mean for me? Why was I brought to this land aside from fighting the Great Bear to death? Surely that was my new purpose, to prevent the infection of the Rift and protect Helovian's inhabitants from suffering through similiar fates that our so called 'gods' had put us through?

As I soared throughout the heavens, exploring Helovia from above, a fog began to hide the world from view. As the fog cleared away, a crowd was beginning to form in a clearing of greenery that towerred high above. The land was actually quite beautiful, an inquistive wonder of worlds much like the scarlet land I had been thrown upon. Carefully I landed where none would interfere with my wings, the glow of my scales and horns brightening with my curiosity. Folding my massive, leathery wings by my sides, I stared at the others that had gathered centrally around a lilac mare. Whispers of a 'moon goddess' where tossed about, and I stepped forward with interest.

This time around, I recognized a few faces from the battle of the bear god along with a cluster of fresh strangers. Eagerly, I searched through the crowd in meager hopes of finding someone I knew. Perhaps there was a small chance I could find someone that I knew before Helovia.

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel's head was a little over inflated at the moment, but killing a god would do that to you, really... She flew high, looking down until she noticed a puff of white that seemed very out of character in the usual sea of green. Perhaps this was another location? It seemed that the God of Time couldn't have all the fun, and somehow, she had a feeling that this wasn't the end. Aithniel carefully descended, trying to find a way through this bamboo without hurting her wings or falling to her death. Eventually, she settled on a clear area where a river cut through the earth, and she descended into the chilly waters, splashing as she tucked her wings to her side and trotted toward the cloud. 

Stern, silver eyes tracked movement in the thickets, and she eagerly approached. A sore burst open on her shoulder, and she hissed, opening her wing a little to let it drain. These things really were nasty, and she wished she could find a way to get rid of them. Rolling in the dirt didn't help, fire didn't help, and when one went away, two more popped up in its place. She grunted softly, slowing to a walk when she saw that the moon goddess was there. Instantly, she tensed, feeling the hairs on her spine tingle. 

Wasn't this the same bitch who murdered all those people? She had only been a foal then, barely old enough to travel so far and alone. But, she had seem most of those bodies, mutilated and bloody. Aithniel narrowed her eyes, watching Mesec approach, and she turned her back rather boldly, going to stand next to Meg in waiting. She ground her teeth together, lion tail wagging at her hocks in her agitation. 

Much like last time, there were strangers here too. 

Now, she wondered if a rift could would attack this goddess, hoping that the answer was 'yes'. She wanted to fight against the moon god, but she wasn't sure if they would be able to defeat any other beasts on their own. Aithniel would wait and see. She wasn't sure what side she would fight on. 

Maybe Iso wasn't so crazy? She wasn't sure... "Damn, I hate her..." she whispered. 

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

@Random Event (boils again)

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Just the beating of hearts, like two drums in the grey.

Archibald the Dauntless

& Loretta the Fierce

The black mist caught his attention, but what Archibald knew to follow and be associated with the phenomenon drew him towards the area. Loretta growled as she ran next to her companion, his canter even and controlled and her run wild and free and fierce. Archibald shared her anger, his own hitting hers in waves of red hot fire. Their soul was shared, and their hatred for the Moon Goddess fueled their momentum. 

Kill.

Kill.

Kill her.

KILL HER, ARCHIBALD.

Until the last scream in the back of his mind, he could not tell the difference between his voice, Loretta's voice, or the voice of the grey mare he called "mother" taunting him and commanding him to bring the Goddess to her knees. There were very few mortals that could fight against the gods and stand for a minute, and Archibald knew, with a deep confidence that he shared only with his bonded, that he was one of them. Perhaps today he would show the rest of Helovia. Golden and amber eyes scanned the green area simultaneously, falling on the pair of bloodied sisters he called his own. Blisters bubbled on the pale woman, but the darker twin looked unscathed. "Ophelia, Ktulu," Archibald breathed, stopping near the black dun and pressing his shoulder into hers. Loretta, standing beneath the behemoth, snarled. Finally, Archibald's eyes lifted to look upon the lavender Goddess. 

The Dauntless' bones turned to ice inside of his body, his blood pumping through his veins like hot fire. He heart slammed against his chest and his eyes burned with a hatred so dark and deep it could choke someone. The stallion, usually so dark and stoic, stood there with his former Grey leaders, with a rage so tangible they could probably reach out and touch it. Don't let me fight her, Ophelia...

art by shady

Ophelia and Ktulu mentioned.

CONTEST WINNER.

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

"Well you missed something the first time, Ulrik..." Kirchoff chastised in his head. The hellhound loped at Ulrik's side, his master's long, lanky stride difficult to keep up with at any semblance of a normal pace. "Maybe you should have taken your head out of your Basin-y ass and gotten out sooner. Fuckin' hermit." He growled, silvery eyes glaring up at the brute he shared a soul with. For as much as he complained, he had to admit, Ulrik wasn't all bad. Sure, he was mostly rough edges and sharp corners, but there was a depth to him that was honestly surprising. 

The Engineer moved south, knowing that moving north would lead to more nothingness. He had no interest in finding any of this planet's poles. Bronze, cloven hooves moved toward the forests at a brisk lope, lion tail stiff and balancing behind him as he moved. A thin sheen of sweat gave his black coat a bright look that accentuated the thick slabs of muscle which rippled beneath. He may be a hairy, strange creature, but he was handsome - if tall, dark, brooding and smart was your type, that is. 

Very suddenly, smoke burst forth from skinny trees like a shockwave, and he grimaced, snorting heavily through his velvety nostrils. He grumbled something beneath his breath and then followed the sounds of voices, raising a thick brow at the scene before him. The Goddess of the Moon, a taciturn creature to be sure, stood facing a few strangers (they didn't smell like Helovians), but most importantly, his son was there. 

Not wanting to over assert himself, he watched his boy from afar, feeling that same kindling of pride set fire in his chest. He was such a brave child, here, surrounded by all these faces. In a way, Rikyn was everything he could never be - an excellent recombination of his mother's and his traits to something... better. He wasn't lying when he admitted that his son was his greatest creation. Not even an army of sentinels could compare. 

Torleik's bitch was also here, the strange one with the weird eyes - and her sister, it seemed. He recognized Ktulu from a long time ago. Ophelia managed to always know what she was talking about, and surely his cousin would not be far behind. So, he quietly neared the two ladies, earning a look from his hellhound. "So... ah... " he trailed, looking over everyone. 

"What is all this?" he asked those around him quietly, the deep rumble of his voice menacing to many. 

Just in case, he activated his spark magic, pulling a small machine from the minerals in the earth. It was a small scorpion looking creature with shocking pincers and and creaking, hissing body. He always felt better with at least one machine nearby, and he had left his sentinels in the Basin. 

table by tamme | |art by lunarblues

Mentioned: Ophelia, Ktulu, Rikyn

(Please tag me in every post)

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

It wasn’t often he entered the Deep Forest, it’s silent grudges and spooky scars did quite frighten Sacre who had not yet grown a wise heart, though brave it was.  He meandered through the forest with a shakiness to his gaze as his two sly friends crept beside him, unsure of what to do with Sacre’s uneasy feelings. They headed east towards the border where usually the line of Helovia would carry them north to the Threshold, however, something new drew him away from the usual path. Something beckoned, a place they hadn't explored before was shrouded in darkness as they entered it; Sacre wanted to turn and run, but his need to know dictated his steps. Like a timid group of fawns, the stained stallion and his two vulpine companions carried on their new adventure into a Labyrinth that was covered in unruly Thistle and a maze of twists. They followed the shadows, the outlines and the voices of others further into the land that was covered in monochrome smoke before finally it filtered away and a vast new world lay at their feet. Sacre’s blue gaze captured the purple shape of the Moon Goddess, the same immortal who had once plagued this land and now appeared to unveil another. The land, the God… The others.

He knew some: Mesec, Megaera, Ampere and Maren all family from the Throat. It made him feel slightly better about the whole predicament, but not wholly comfortable. What was going on here?

Without an ounce of forethought and with typical foolish curiosity, he ambled into the ring of bodies with a look of great intrigue plastered all over his charming face. Had this always been here? Inari and Ríona sat side by side on the outside of the gathering, wondering whether they should follow their clod of a friend or simply watch him make a fool of himself from a distance. For now they appeared to have decided on the latter after much foxy deliberation.

“Mesec what’s going on?” Sacre babbled his question in the general vicinity of the Nightwind, the same friend he had helped during the murders, not really knowing what else to say and far too intimidated to ask the God directly. 
esveeka, table by sevin

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Lace the Silverthorn
It is our actions that define who we are

He thought he knew every part of Helovia after so much time spent roaming its forests. He'd thought the land was as familiar to him as his own body, home and safe even in all its unpredictability.

Apparently he had been mistaken.

He had never seen this forest before. Well, the towering shoots of bamboo that whispered in the wind were familiar, but they ought not have been there, nestled snugly within the magical borders. These winding paths, the hidden pools and trickling streams that murmured through fallen leaves felt foreign, and the stallion had goosebumps of premonition as he made his way in the direction of confused voices. Something was wrong, something was about to happen... and the dragon agreed, her scales rising and falling like bowing reeds where she huddled over his whithers. He could feel the growl in her throat rather than hear it, a vibration transmitted from taloned paws onto his skin. It made him just as tense as she was, and he moved with caution into the fray, nodding to those he knew - or thought he knew - and ignoring those he disliked until he finally stopped before his matron God.

"My Lady" he murmured, inclining the cob-webbed head in a respectful bow. May it be that she had committed acts of treachery and murder since last he looked upon her, and may it be that most present were hostile to her presence. Lace had no quarrels with the Moon, because he didn't know that he too had lost friends to her schemes; and either way, right now all that seemed very distant.

"If I can be of assistance, I am at your beck and call."

It was, most likely, pointless to ask what was going on. Likely he would get no answer, or too much truth to stomach. Lace preferred not to ask, well aware that there were things in this world he didn't wish to know about.

Picture by Vossity
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Timothy Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15hh :: 2 (Birdsong)
Watermel0nBob

He was running, running further and further from the growls and snarls that surrounded him. Blood was roaring in his ears and he did his best not to scream and screech, begging for mercy before he was even caught. He had trapped himself in the labyrinth again, it nearly suffocating him with the tight walls with vicious vines and poisonous plants. He was hyperventilating at this point, trying to keep conscious through the sheer panic before he saw her, standing before him with dark smoke surrounding her. Digging his creamy hooves into the ground he let a shrill scream escape his pink lips, finally stopping himself, but not far enough to avoid the smoke that began engulf his ivory frame. Suddenly he couldn't see, couldn't breathe couldn't think and he was losing it when.... it was clear. Lush and vibrant even in the dead of night; life returning to this land that was once chaotic waste. It was breathtakingly beautiful and he didn't even know how to respond to it.

He forgot about her for a moment, forgot about the demon that was most likely on their heels which would ensue destruction, because the vision was just so gorgeous that he couldn't fathom much else. That was until he saw how many others had actually gathered. All one could see was the whites of his mint green eyes as he skittered back, mouth agape as he tried to gasp but no air would come. Heart was beating a million miles a minute and the world began to spin, the light fading in and out before it was suddenly black and the man couldn't register anything anymore...

[Timothy has arrived... and fainted. Anyone is welcome to try and help him, though I don't know how that will turn out lol.]

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!!!

PLEASE ASK BEFORE INJURING/MAIMING MY CHARACTER!! (Any other physical interaction is permitted)

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."
I saw the smoke and I went toward it to investigate and the minute I got there I wished I hadn't seen it. I wished that I had just ignored it and kept walking, carried myself back to the Throat and stayed there. But I didn't. I stood at the edge of the gathering, my eyes locked on the violet goddess. The betrayer. The murderer. I had to force myself to look away from her and when I did  saw my mother, my aunt, Mister Archibald, Megaera and Ampere, Thantos, and a slew of other faces, some familiar and some not that had all come to investigate.

Despite the warm weather a chill settled in my bones and it made my entire body shake becuase this land wasn't right. It took me far too long to realize it and it made me think back to the bear god that we had fought not too long ago. Would there be another god to force its way here and fight us? Could we make it though another battle? How many more times would this happen before it stopped...

Would anyone fight for the Goddess as they had for the God of Time?

Rather than go and stand next to my mother and my aunt I moved toward Thantos, the dragon stallion that had come through the rift right before the bear god. I stopped next to him, but was careful not to touch him because of the sores that littered my skin, and... well, I figured he had to be as puzzled as I was about what was happening, if not more. She wasn't his god. I sighed softly and glanced toward him. "She is the Goddess of the Moon."  I offered the little tidbit of information, and try as I might I couldn't hold back what came after. "She murdered my brother..." and countless others.

I guess it was a little bit of a warning to him that if there was a fight it would probably be very different from what we'd experienced before.

"."

Credits

@Thantos since she's standing with him
@Random Event

aud pixel!

Helovian Ancient
Ophelia's boils stop hurting momentarily.

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
The Moon God was a bitch, and I needed bitch hair, so I did the only reasonable thing I could. I galloped full-force into that meeting like there was a bundle of firecrackers shoved way up my ass. All the faces of mostly healthy horses, and here I was, trying to grab some Moon God hair. I ran up behind her, not really thinking my plan through totally. What would happen if I couldn't pull her hair out, grab a few tendrils, and get out before she spawned some horrible magic on me to make me sicker. She was the Dark God, she knew how diseases worked. Her hair knew how to create them, so it knew how to get rid of them. Her hair was the healing solvent, and I, the sick.

I tried to run up behind her, sliding to a halt hopefully near her luscious tail. In a bold, fuck-all, movement, my head cranes downwards and my jaw snaps at her tail, furiously trying to grab a few strands and rip them out. I had become violent. I fucking hated these painful boils that filled with blood and seeped the crimson liquid. I had contracted horse ebole, and was far from happy about it. As I continued trying to rip the Moon Bitch's hair out, I wondered what she thought of me. I had asked for her feather not long ago and she told me to prove myself to her, so I became a seer. Now, I was attacking the very god I once followed religiously, desperate to rip this pretty hair from her purple ass.

As boldly as I came, I begin shuffling away from her, no idea if I had even pulled one strand of that tail hair. I was sure she'd be coming for me, violently, and with magic. She was the darkest god, capable of murder. I mattered none to her. She would eat me alive. Would she ever remember what I used to be? I was a ghost of the old Aurelia, but crazier. I always said I loved Destry, but I constantly found myself missing male company. Woman just don't do sex like men do. Not for me. The Moon God's magic would never be as good as Time God's. Kahlua would never be as good as Kaj. Fuck it, men were better than women. Is that sexist, hell yes, but I don't care. I fucking love men, too, okay?

ooc: Aurelia does a hail-mary shot at trying to find the cure, by trying to sneak up on moon god and rip some of her tail hair out, because "The hair of the dog that bit you" and Moon God is a bitch, so she must acquire her hair. Aurelia then promptly moves away, half-afraid hat moony will use dark magic on her @RandomEvent for infection

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Helovian Ancient
The boils do not respond to this attempt of a cure.

p.s. you are cray cray

Kratos Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 6yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Dingo

Lazarus has got no dirt on me
and I'll rise to every occassion

This maze of thick bamboo was vastly different from my previous home of Estanzia. I didn't like either place, truth be told, but at least here, Jaeger and I seemed to be better protected, if only a little. No longer did it feel as though I had eyes on me at all times, the threat of death lingering over my head day in, day out. We'd been able to rest and recover from our journey here, but...

But of course, such pleasures could only be enjoyed for a short time.

It was the smoke that alerted me first, glittering in their black and silver hues as they enveloped the forest entirely, sifting through the bamboo and settling within my bones. Shortly after, it was as though an entire army was coming; their scents, their voices, the sound of their approach, it was all too sudden, an panic seeped into my bones, taking root deep within the pit of my soul.

I was not a coward, but I was young, and to think that mine and Jaeger's attempt to escape had been futile was something I never wanted to realize.

With baited breath and quiet steps, I bravely pushed onward towards the gathering and thus, the source of the inscrutable smoke. There were many of them of all shapes and sizes, some with horns like myself and Jaeger, others with wings (which, I found myself staring at with utter bewilderment -- pegasi were real?), a few with neither, and even some with both horn and wing. How queer.

Suppressing all outward clues to my uneasiness, I moved forward, head held with all the poise of a Prince -- for, that's what I was -- I approached them all, though I found myself pausing as one of them made a sudden, very bizarre move. A winged mare of ivory and gold, darted towards another of a brilliant shade of purple, taking within her teeth a chunck of the tail. My jaw grew lax and threatened to fall open in disbelief, but that was when I took notice of the power the violet one was exerting. That wasn't just any magic from some commoner, but that of a God.

My ears flattened against my skull, a scowl marring my face pulling my lips taunt, brows furrowing as I gazed at her. Here, in this nameless land, did they, too, cater to every whim of the Gods? Why did they not break their shackles and free themselves from their reign, and kill them?

Out of everyone, it was the tri-colored hybrid's words that caught my attention. 'She's the Goddess of the Moon,' I heard her say, 'She killed my brother.'

My scowl deepened as I turned towards her and her hybrid companion.

"What are you waiting for?" I interjected, "Take vengeance. Do not allow the likes of a 'deity'," the word was spat with clear disgust and aided by a cold glare in the direction of this supposed Goddess. "To steal what is most precious to you."

[Omg x___x First few post probs

Mentions: RANJIRI, THANTOS, MOONY, JAEGER]

"Talking talk here."

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

e d e n
if you were to leave, fulfill someone else's dreams, I think I might be totally lost

The pale mare traveled swiftly through the lands after she had spent some time resting herself in the Basin. She was eager to explore, to venture out of the Basin and see what secrets laid hidden in the depths of Helovia. She thought it wise to head to the Threshold. She had been there only once before, she hoped to meet another and introduce them to all the Basin could offer.
But that's not quite what happened.
Eden had proved herself slow at learning where everything was and how to get there. She was confident that she would be able to get home from the threshold, but not so much there. Seeing things from a different perspective didn't come easy to Eden. 
Where she ended up was...strange. Verdant growth spread throughout the land, making her feel like she was in a maze. It was sickening. Someone who had a difficulty with directions did not belong in a maze. 
Panic began to seep through Eden's nerves, her body growing tense as she weaved through the web of verdure. Her pace quickened, thoughts of being lost again filled her with a sense of dread. She couldn't handle losing her family again.
Luck was on her side that day, or so it seemed. Eventually the panic stricken mare came upon a large gathering of sorts, many a horse present. In their center was a mare that simply looked to be the night incarnate. The shadows seemed to cling her coat. Eden could only assume she was a deity, for the others seemed to be suspiciously cautious of her. The panic that had consumed Eden was now replaced by nervousness. Question upon question formed in Eden's mind. Who was the mare, exactly? Why were they here? What was going on? Who are all these unfamiliar horses? And, most importantly, how could she get out? 
Eden did not voice her concerns, she stayed quiet, cautious, and tried to not let her shock eat her mind alive. The mare's golden pools searched the crowd, rapidly scouring it for familiar faces. Her eyes found none other than Rexanna, Ashamin, and her Lord, Thranduil. A moment of relief spread through her when she saw them. She knew now that if she were to die, at least she wouldn't be completely alone.
The mare briskly walked to her herd mates, choosing to stand behind them rather than beside. She wasn't sure if even they knew what was going on. She deduced that it would be wisest for her to simply observe, to wait and see what they do before she even thought about making another move. 

Mentions: Rexanna, Ashamin, and Thranduil
[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
The world was not safe anymore.

And it didn't have anything to do with anyone in particular; it was a fault in how things operated. A flaw, so glaring and obvious, so blinding, so.. so.. crippling, a cold claw around your heart, squeezing, chunks of ice floating through your veins—

It is fear.

It is mortality.

It is the pure, simple fact that his owls are fragile birds, fragile creatures, and that his love for them is so great that the mere idea of losing them could send him crashing to his knees.

He was walking on both eggshells and daggers, cut glass underneath the soles of his feet, some kind of.. near-constant fear rippling through his veins.

Like, what if, what if, what if. And here he was, walking back into danger with them—painstakingly worming his way along the face of Helovia, following the celestial pull of Mother Moon, the Greatest Bitch There Ever Was. Because, he couldn't very well put his owls up on a shelf in the Edge and leave them there.

Shit could happen while he was gone.

So, if they rode on his back, they'd get crushed if he was flopped over by a shockwave again. Thing is, the exact same thing would happen if they were in the air—rinse and repeat, and maybe a part of his heart would threaten to die again.

If the stress of it didn't kill him first.

The end result? Diego was circling, Irma resting upon his back, and they were determined to hang back. Their magic worked well enough at a range anyway, if something bad was to happen.

Because shit, when didn't bad things happen around the Lady Bitch?

(And as an aside, he was not in a state fit to fight either—his joints plagued by sores and boils, weeping red onto the fine porcelain white of his hide.)

[ Mau stands at the outskirts like a grumpy loser. @Random Event because blood falls herpes. ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Hotaru

Let it be known that Hotaru is a study of conflict. Conflict of interests, conflict of spirit and mind, conflict of faith and loyalty. Morality was a grey, washed out realm that expanded far beyond her vision, a horizon of possibilities. But Hotaru was not as impenetrable as she had always tried to be. 

Standing there with Alice, eyes locked onto midnight hide, she quaked. She quaked and trembled and shuddered beneath the magnitude of her own emotions. She'd never loved her family. But hadn't she? But the Goddess had killed them nonetheless. Had sent Hotaru to retrieve items from their bodies, defile them, for the sake of her quest. She had killed Hotaru's parents and purposefully made her find and desecrate their bodies. It made her tremble with emotion she'd attempted to burn out, nerves shot and scarred to useless tissue beneath the fires of her own contempt. Hotaru had never really loved her parents. If she had, it had been at a time when she was young and delicate, with a hopeful outlook on life. But they had still been her family. 

On the other hand...

Nearly all of Hotaru's magic was in some way tied to the Goddess, and she had a huge gift from the Goddess after the slaughters. And it was never said that Hotaru was not in some ways shallow. 

She stood off a bit from Ophelia and Ktulu, eyes sharp and deadened, remembering those old Foothills leads and the scorn of her leaving. Ancient but still weary in her chest. Ophelia, she had sworn herself to the pale maiden, attempted to find her after her awkward ascension to the throne, but had only ever seemed to be in her presence in times of danger. Her words were thick and eternally unspoken on her tongue, branded into the caverns of her throat. A thousand things she wanted to ask, to be reassured of. But Ophelia was so far away, so distant and untouchable, and Hotaru was still beneath her in so many ways despite her rank. 

So she and Alice stood, conflicted, bristling. Hatred and agony and confusion. Waiting for the final hammer to come down. For their decision to be made. Stella's dying, mournful cry still echoing in her ears. Her mother's and father's twisted, loving forms painted crimson on the snow. 

Until a newcomer of royal paintings similar to herself turned and hissed towards - was her  name Ranjiri? Yes, the one whose father she'd inevitably killed, somehow. Turning to stride towards him, head held aloft over his younger but still imposing frame. "Because our other God just killed one of yours. What does that say about power? But trust when I say that tonight, if there is battle, the outcome may be different. Think in terms of numbers, stranger. We do not attack because we need a viable ally. Each other, another god, something." But if it came...

"Is this even your land? Are you of the dark place beyond these borders?" Did the fool even know what he spoke of? Ah, but he was intriguing if nothing else. 

Image Credit

@Ophelia and @Ktulu mentioned, spoke to @Kratos but mostly just remains on the sidelines watching for now

CONTEST WINNER (in case I can't post Kaj in time with college schedule)
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Crystarius Posts: 13
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
The corrupted bear had fallen. It was a relief to see his bloodied, broken corpse on the ground but even that wasn't enough to quell the anxiety brewing within my gut. I am officially stuck here, with no way to give in to the desire for the red lyrium. It was a thing of the corrupted and diseased rift, of that I am certain, but the question remains - could I ever end the addiction with the crystals growing from my skin? Would I ever be free of the agony of the withdrawal?

Fighting had been a distraction and when that chaos ended, the symptoms slipped back in. The sweating, aches, irritability, and desire slamming into me with a force that I found myself unable to ignore. My breathing had grown shallow, desperation attempting to claw its way out from my core. I need it, more than I've ever needed anything. But I don't want it. I don't want to be a crystallized beast. So as I stood there in the Blood Falls, trembling with the weight of the desire,  I looked around me, watching the crowd that had gathered dissipate into the depths of this new land.

Desperate for a distraction, I followed them. Heading south from this place filled with red. I'm barely paying attention, my red eyes are glazed over and I don't even try to prevent the strain from showing on my dark face. Odds are high that my face is twisted from the need. And I don't even care. Mindlessly I follow, unaware that everyone else was walking straight into another nightmare.

Did it even matter? I'd rather die right then, rather than fight to find a way back or face this agony any longer. That's when I saw it. A twisted maze of green. It was foreign and yet somehow strangely familiar. The red lyrium clouded my memories, distorting them enough that I couldn't figure out where I'd seen something like this before. It overruled my instincts, clouded my judgment. Only then did I notice I had stopped. I stood near the back of the crowd, red eyes gazing over the crowd. Most were glaring at the dark, winged mare. Was this one another one of their gods? If so, it appears the corrupted bear was more correct than he may have ever dreamed. From the looks on their faces, this one may have already begun to fall into a similar corruption. I wondered absently, red eyes watching the scene unfolding before me.

Had I really been thrown into a land on the brink of messed up, corrupted gods? Perhaps I was more doomed than I could have ever imagined.

Shit. What had I been sucked into?

[Stands near the back, keeps to himself.]

CRYSTARIUS

Tagging is preferred

Permission for all except death and/or dismemberment
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia

I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

What the fuck?

I arrive slowly, and I find a fucking labyrinth. Tons of helovians where already present, but some of them... Who are they? I arrive just in time to hear the Lady Hotaru bitching at some imbecile. Go girl. Your fabulous. 

Standing tall and proud was the moon goddess herself. I had never actually seen her before, and  she was beautiful. But she was like a snake. Beautiful yet dangerous. Oh so dangerous. I scan for more familiar faces and I see Ophelia, Ashamin, Thranduil, and Mauja as well. Ophelia and Mauja look like shit. Like what is that all over there skin. Ugh. I am sorry friends but I'm going to avoid you for right now. Because. Ew. Okay. 

I move quickly to stand by Thranduil instead, but I don't acknowledged him, other than a glance in his direction, before I let my gaze sweep around the huge gathering, lingering on those who looked obviously not from here, and the fainted creature on the ground. But my gaze lifts to look at the goddess, eyes narrowing. 

"Did you also bring back something unpleasant? Something we will have to fight off? Cause if you did it would have been awfully careless of you." 

I didn't care if I was being rude to her. It was because of her that so much pain was caused, and I wasn't going to forgive her for that either. My head turns at the stranger Hotaru was bitching at earlier. "Your god was certainly more corrupt. I think we did you a favor."

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[]
Words;;
Notes;; Sialia is here, and is in a bitchy mood. So, yup. 

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!