the Rift

SWP :: Not without consequences

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
”Huh?!”

”I’m just saying, your knee clicks” his hellhound nonchalantly pointed out.

”I’m sure your jaw would click too if I rattled it hard enough”

d’Artagnan grumbled and frowned, paying attention to the sounds of his body and the faint click that occurred when he walked. So it did! Must be one of those days. It didn’t really have much to do with age, but still it reminded him that the years weren’t rolling back and that time was hurtling him towards the latter end of his career. As usual, he mumbled something incoherently and clicked down through the Threshold. He had thought to find some more recruits, the horses enlisted to the soldier rank were few and the shade sorely wanted more. They were more of a meagre ambush unit rather than an army. Still, he wandered the Threshold here and there, finding little but faint scents and old trails. That was until he reached the southern border and something dark shrouded the land ahead.

He stopped.

“Aramis” he ushered and the dog obliged, heading into the shrouded place.

The hellion carefully made his way in, his keen canine eyes trying to pierce through the fog that had a strange otherworldly feel to it, as if it wasn’t just thick smoke. He could smell the scent of others radiating towards it until finally the smoke lifted and in its place there was a Labyrinth. Bamboo forests grew tall as sparkling waters created a maze of natural beauty. At the centre of it all was the Moon Goddess.

“Sir, come closer” the hellion beckoned to his bonded as he lingered on the edge of those gathered, spotting Mauja and the familiar sight of Irma on his back. There was Mesec and Sacre too, his companion’s two sons and the hound barked to the pair in a slobbery greeting.

Meanwhile, d’Artagnan began to make his way into the wonderland of greenery, sniffing the bamboo trunks and wondering what poisonous plants grew in this new part of the world. Eventually he found Aramis and the gathering before him. 

There were conversations here and there, but his gaze zoned in on Mesec and the Moon with his other son, Sacre, lingering near. It felt like some weird family reunion except there were about 20 or so others here. For now, he remained on the sidelines of the group and watched Aurelia, the girl he had met in the Threshold once, make an intriguing grab for the tail of the Moon. How bizarre. “I wouldn’t do that, you don't know where its been” he shouted across to the golden dappled mare who had a nasty looking affliction, winking once at the Moon Goddess in mock friendliness that was plastered so sickly on his face as he sarcastically played the role of ex-lover or, well, the guy she pulled one lustful night.  

He wanted to ask her what commotion she had caused now, though he figured many had probably asked that already, so he waited to see what would be next, because there was always something next.

The red notices some of the rest then from his position on the outskirts, surprised to see he recognised quite a few faces as the unveiling of something new seemed to capture the attention of many. Though some seemed on edge and the Nightshade kept a diligent watch as concern crept into his mind and he felt for the darkness of his magic in preparation.

[Mentions :: Moon God, Aurelia & Mesec. (Aramis spots Mau)]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
isopia

The moon goddess.

Isopia respected her. Revered her - and right now, she was the only reason Iso was even here. After the last encounter with the bear .... the demi-child could guess was was about to happen. Already there were 'riftians' as they were unceremoniously dubbed, wandering around. 

If they had gotten through, surely there was a bear around here somewhere.

Isopia landed next to Aithniel, and tucked her wings loosely against her flanks. One was still injured from an ice-spike that had punctured it, and although it would hold her weight in the air, pressing it firmly against her side was more pain than she felt like enduring. Especially if another fight was about to begin.

"It's going to happen again. She muttered under her breath, having no idea that the only female she regarded as a friend was beginning to hate her. "But I think she'll know what to do." Iso finished with an un-confident nod, as she cast her golden-flecked gaze towards the Goddess. She would nod towards Mesec too, should he look her way. Everyone else was blurred out intentionally (save for Volterra, who she genuinely hadn't noticed yet). She didn't want to be distracted - she had last time, and both her yelling and her tactics had been ineffectual. This time, she would watch and observe as she usually did. She would follow the Goddess' lead, and listen to what she had to say, should some massive puss-bleeding bear show up somewhere. 

Of course, it didn't even occur to her to look for Ros - her cousin who had tried to kill her (or if not, to seriously maim her if nothing else). 

Iso stands hawkwardly next to @Aithniel 

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

So many of them were here: Ophelia .. Meg, Mesec .. Maren, Thranduil...Aithniel, Ktulu, Archibald...

Ampere..

Too many thoughts and words flooded his mind. Gaucho's dark ears lay flat against his skull as he moved around the perimeter with as much subtlety as his flaming-body could sustain. He forced his emotions downwards into a place so small and dark and with such force, that he would create a diamond out of his hate and his love soon. But he needed it to be that way - he needed to stifle the hate, lest he attack the Goddess right here and now. The fire on his wings raced and pulsed with his murderous thoughts, even as he tried to disappear into the backdrop. He knew it was impossible, but at least if he didn't make eye contact with any of those already gathered, he wouldn't know if they saw him or not.

His stoic gaze only found one - Mauja, standing at the same distance that Gaucho had ended to be. With a grunt, he eyed the pale giant with something near neutrality. They might have killed each other once ... but if their time together in the caves had any lasting effect, now they were nothing more than two angry ghosts, destined to continue to haunt the living.

Mara and Vorsa hovered in their usual places - Mara in his antlers, and Vorsa perched on his withers. The small phoenix was almost invisible - she merely looked like a continuation of Gaucho's fiery wings. Just a small ball of fire that had removed itself from his plumage and relocated to the base of his mane.

Gaucho is also a grumpy pants near @Mauja .

GAUCHO
the wildfire

Art by: schwartze @ DA
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Today seems as good of a day as any to go out on our patrol. I do not know where my patrol partner is, but with each passing day time is wasting. I will not lose out this season simply because I could not find Romani. Everything is fine at first as we start out for the Threshold. Perhaps while patrolling I'll bring another new face home with me. My last trip had gained the Falls a new member, maybe I would do well again. Something different. Alanna snips in my head. The emotions running through our bond tell me one thing.... It has to do with the Moon Goddess... While I had not lost anyone to the bitch's murder spree... Many others including those I counted as family had.

Alanna suddenly bolts off toward the Deep Forest instead. Without hesitation I take off after her. We race as we both had done years before, when she was only a pup and I was barely more than a colt. When I had been trying to be more grown up than I was really ready to be. We weave in and out of the trees until she suddenly slows down and I skid to a stop behind her. Dark mist was the first sign we were on the right trail. Carefully, we moved on until I found exactly why Alanna was drawn here. There a a gathering of many. Both faces I knew and others I did not. Wordlessly I slip among those already gathered to stand at Archibald's side. I cast a sideways glance at both Phi and Kutlu before looking around. It's only then my eyes lock on to one frame I was not expecting to see.

The purple body, with wings and a lion tail catches my attention. I shift slightly, to nudge my Czar. I can not imagine the feelings he has about being here. I may not be close with Archibald. I never have been. But knowing that he lost someone to her murder spree.... Well I remember the pain losing my family had caused.

It's Alanna who changes my focus. Murderer. She growls in my mind. Her body language changed as she spotted another frame. The bay with the two glass horns and silver marking... It's my frame that changes this time, as it's the first time i've come face to face with the bastard that murdered my mother. A low rumble comes from not only my chest but Alanna's as well. I take a step closer, the thought of challenging him to the death right then and there on my mind. What did I have to lose?

The only thing that keeps me from going on is the mental flash of Chev. Lanna was right. I wouldn't want to lose the one mare that keeps me grounded. That helps hold me together when even my bond to Alanna can not. I glance to those around me from the Falls. I can only hope that should I give in and go to fight, they will either try to stop me or back me up....

Walking "Talking"

Aaron

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
CLOSED. Battle beings here: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=20615