the Rift

[OPEN] A mind full of eternity

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

In the days since the battle I'd had a healer look at my wing, but it still bothered me quite a bit. It didn't drag the ground anymore like it had right after the battle, the healers had managed to fix most of my muscles and tendons, but it still drooped a little. It still ached. I couldn't fly. I still had this huge, ugly gap in my feathers where they had been ripped out. So ... I was left having to walk everywhere and it was a pain because I loved to fly. And on top of all of that my skin was littered with these nasty sores that hurt and bled and drove me absolutely crazy. I wondered over where I could have gotten them from and I always went back to the bear god and the nastiness that came with him and I wondered if anyone else had gotten them.

Anyway, since I couldn't fly I walked and I wandered around and somehow I ended up in the forest. It just so happened to be the same forest, the same area that my aunt was in. I hadn't even meant to find her. I don't think I ever really took the time to stand and talk with her. She was just a constant fixture there from my childhood, the red and white mare that was my mom's sister and my best friend's mother. Or... she was a constant fixture until she just wasn't anymore. After she left the Foothills I hadn't seen her anymore until I went to the Basin because I was told she was there, and the time I'd spent with her had been brief because of the invasion. Then I kinda saw her again in the battle against the bear god, but I hadn't stuck around long once it had ended. From what I could see she had been relatively uninjured, as was Ros, (or so I thought) so ... I left.

I just left.

I stood watching her for a few seconds, taking in the way she stood, how she stuck her horn into the sapling. I could have turned and walked away and left her there to suffer through whatever it was she was she was suffering, but I didn't. "Aunt..." My voice was barely a whisper as I stood there looking at her and her dragon. It was obvious from her body language that she wasn't okay so I didn't even bother with that question. "What's wrong?"

"."

Image Credit

@Random Event @Ophelia

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
A mind full of eternity - by Ophelia - 08-30-2015, 11:46 PM
RE: A mind full of eternity - by Ranjiri - 08-31-2015, 12:39 AM