the Rift

until the sky falls

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground. 
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away, 
In the good they'll never know."

Little did Naerys know she was staring at the wanderer of the family. 

Alysanne had always wanted a home - a place to ground her, to build relationships, to grow a family.   Iona had always wanted to soar the open skies, to see new places, to conquer this world at her fingertips.  Maybe that was what kept Iona so distant from relationships when the twins had arrived in Nocturne.  It is something that had settled, by degree, over time.  It hadn't abated completely.  Now it was a matter of finding purpose.  Without purpose the urge to wander was almost overwhelming.  Right now Iona did have a purpose: find her family.  

She could feel the feathers tucked away under her right wing.  Three pegasus feathers - two from her sons, one from their father - all bound together and hanging somewhere in the region of her heart.  She wasn't the type for jewelry or baubles, but this reminder of her family was a treasure that she would always keep within reach.  

Movement caught Iona's attention only a few moments before the filly called out in greeting.  It took Iona a few moments to process what it was she was seeing.  And why did this child she had never seen before look so damn familiar.  She couldn't make the pieces of the puzzle fit, but it was certainly unsettling.  It also seemed to inspire a strange ringing in the depth of her ears. 

With her ears pricked and her bright green gaze focused on the child - Iona felt that she could hardly blink as the child (who was accompanied by a small bird who sat dutifully on her shoulder). It couldn't be…could it? Could she be an extension of her family she hadn't yet met - this filly…this girl who looked so much like her sister.  Or was it only wishful thinking?  Was it her tired mind simply plain tricks on her?

But then the girl speaks, and there are more pieces to the puzzle.  World's Edge.  It echoes in her head as if the child had spoken it directly into her mind.  She studied the girl more carefully, taking an involuntary step closer, and then she saw them.  The flowers.  The beautiful flowers blooming around the girl's feet. 

This child - this child from the very place that Alysanne had described so many times who could have been a carbon-copy of her sister in their childhood - had flowers blooming around her feet.  If this was a coincidence, Iona would become a believer of whatever Gods existed in this strange place right this very moment.  

"World's Edge," Iona echoed, as if in a trance.  Her mind was still working to put together all the pieces.   "You wouldn't by chance know Alysanne then, would you?"  Emotion slowly leaked into her voice as she spoke.

She blinked then, finally, and shook her head. "I'm sorry, little one, where are my manners," she finally smiled, though the tension lingered in her body. "My name is Iona.  And I just so happen to be looking for someone who lives in the World's Edge."

I O N A

image credits || Tags:

@Naerys
AHH! Family reunion! <3

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
until the sky falls - by Iona - 08-31-2015, 07:28 PM
RE: until the sky falls - by Naerys - 08-31-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: until the sky falls - by Iona - 09-01-2015, 12:01 AM
RE: until the sky falls - by Naerys - 09-01-2015, 01:47 PM
RE: until the sky falls - by Iona - 09-11-2015, 12:39 AM