the Rift

until the sky falls

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground. 
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away, 
In the good they'll never know."

The pieces came together all at once.  Her ears rang.  Her skin crawled.  The world seemed to tilt beneath her hooves - shifting on its very axis as the pieces found their way to their rightful places.  She was completely caught off guard, but a rush of warmth tore through her like an incendiary explosion - breathing new life into one that had long since grown stale.  

She smiled as recognition flickered in the girl's eyes.  So, Aly hadn't forgotten her after all.  It made the black and white pegasus miss her sister all the more.  But what an adventurous little one Alysanne had raised!  Aly had been overprotective since the moment that she knew she was pregnant with Arty, so she couldn't imagine that her twin knew that this little one was wandering on her own. 

"Don't apologize!" Iona laughed, "I came here looking for my family and look who managed to find me as soon as I got here.  You're really quite something, Naerys," she added, with a wink and a gentle nudge with a large black wing.  

She had her theories about who the girl's father may be.  Aly hadn't visited alone last time Iona had seen her.  It did not take much for Iona to put two and two together.  She did have eyes, after all. 

He had been the one Iona had approached in the aftermath of their attack.  She had known then that the stallion harbored feelings for her sister.  Perhaps Iona had exploited him in a way in order to help Aly.  Perhaps she just knew he was another that loved her enough to help her when she didn't recognize she needed help.  She knew now how invasive it had been, but she couldn't bring herself to regret it.  Iona would walk through fire for Alysanne.  If she had to guess, Miykael would too. She'd begrudgingly give him some credit.  

She still couldn't believe after months - years really - all she had been seeking had been right here all along.  Waiting to find her, not vice versa.  She didn't want to linger.  She didn't want to waste any more time.  Not now.  Especially not now that she had her family.  "Please.  Please take me home, little one."

I O N A

image credits || Tags: @Naerys 

@Naerys
sorry that took forever - labor day vacation + nosy family = limited postytime.
i'll get her updated to outcast so we can have familyreunionfuntimes in the edge :D

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
until the sky falls - by Iona - 08-31-2015, 07:28 PM
RE: until the sky falls - by Naerys - 08-31-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: until the sky falls - by Iona - 09-01-2015, 12:01 AM
RE: until the sky falls - by Naerys - 09-01-2015, 01:47 PM
RE: until the sky falls - by Iona - 09-11-2015, 12:39 AM