[OPEN] dissolving like the setting sun
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
She didn't answer his question.

Of course she didn't—how could she? She had not asked. She had not sought knowledge. She was not part of him, of his life, of those few who might begin to understand the complex, flawed mechanisms powering him. She was nothing to him, and he was nothing to her. She was a victim of her own rage, of her own crusade, and it blinded her to the truth.

As if answering his question with one of her own was going to cover up the flaws. As if it was going to make him forget that he knew the truth, and she did not. "Tell me of any normal owl that would fight that," and his dark lips merely curved into a cold, distant smile. Had Alysanne been here? Mauja didn't know anyone else with an owl—and he hadn't seen any owls fighting the goddamn bear.

Then again, he had been busy being on fire—the throb of his shoulder forgotten in the rising tide of cold and dark. It was a slow, seeping disease in his veins, a quiet song vibrating into life, and somewhere, in the back of his mind, he despaired. He knew what this fury did—he knew what lay all too easily at hand when the world took on this saturated kind of clarity, and made every edge stand out sharply in his mind.

He wanted it to stop.

But he couldn't.

He wasn't strong enough, so he just kept on smiling, so calm, so cold, in the face of her spitting electrical rage. She wanted him to tell her—but how could he, when there was no answer? But as he drew breath to tell her how fucking stupid she was, she cut him short, and his ears flipped back again. With Tembovu crowding in behind him he moved further forward, abandoning his position over Irma to let the giant guard her—which, might not have been so smart, considering it put him closer to the angry mare. "You infected her, you stole her, and now you've finally broken her."

Beneath his icy demeanor, beneath the frigidity of his wounded heart, he heard the pieces of his soul breaking, fracturing, falling apart and crashing to the floor.

The last thing I wanted was to hurt you—

She's stupid, Diego said again, firmer this time, though his voice still shook. "Shut up," he finally snapped, his voice a cold whip-lash. Stiff with anger he took the last steps forward, towering above her in his cold fury, and glared down at her. She was pitiful in her rage. She was so.. misguided, so lost, and the breath puffing out of his nostrils smoked white with a chill that came from within. "You know nothing. She did not fight. He—" and his large head flipped around to point his dark muzzle at the owl digging his talons deep enough into Mauja's haunch to release blood, "—did not fight." And even if the shockwave had not forced them out of the sky, would they have fought? Had they ever fought for him?

No. His eyes were cold enough to freeze blood as he stared back at her. "You judge without knowing. You judge without asking."

And without further ado, Mauja turned on the spot, offering his ass to any eventual attack. He expected one to come, and Diego glared as coldly as he could at the mare.

"I can't teach the blind to see. I'm done here." His voice was still a cold snap, but when directed at Tembovu it lost some of its bite. And unless Ampere would put a spoke in the wheel, he would do what he could to get Irma safely onto his back, say his farewells and thanks to the Fire Dancer, and head home.

But if she did put up a fuss .. well. Mauja was angry enough to want a bloodbath despite his burnt shoulder.

[ @Ampere @Tembovu || I keep on sucking. Sorry. If Ampere is fine with leaving things here as they are, we can end it. If she's not, we'll just keep going~ ^^ ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
dissolving like the setting sun - by Mauja - 09-01-2015, 12:33 PM
RE: dissolving like the setting sun - by Ampere - 09-02-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: dissolving like the setting sun - by Tembovu - 09-05-2015, 12:20 AM
RE: dissolving like the setting sun - by Mauja - 11-08-2015, 07:41 AM
RE: dissolving like the setting sun - by Ampere - 11-11-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: dissolving like the setting sun - by Tembovu - 11-22-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: dissolving like the setting sun - by Mauja - 12-27-2015, 05:46 AM