the Rift

[PRIVATE] i’m callin you yellow-bellied

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera had never had a cold heart. It had been bitter once, and sometimes it was still and angry one, but never cold. She loved her herd passionately; loved the desert and the people who made it their home enough to lay down her life for each and everyone of them but that did not mean she was gentle. Mordecai, her own beloved daughter might pull out a softness in her, and other foals might find it there as well if she sought to comfort them but Cathun warranted no such motherly instinct. If he wanted to lable himself a man and warrior under the rule of the Sun, then he would get the Sunspear

She let her temper reign because she had not yet the wisdom to restrain it. Technically she said nothing that was untrue but she chose her words with venom. If he thought Ranjiri was dead, if he could feel the loss for one of his herd, then just maybe he deserved to be counted among them. If he could feel the guilt for what his cowardice might have caused her would know why she would accept no such weakness in her fighters. Megaera was determined that no warrior under her reign would ever give her cause to doubt that they would fight to their last breath to protect one of their own. That's what warriors were for.

Though she watched him protest, watched him wilt and weep her anger simply would not allow her to relent, to ease his pain by offering the whole truth, but his confession gave her pause. The story of his curse certainly made his reluctance to honor and fight for the God of Spark but it made no difference, gods or monsters be damned her had left his herd"Gods are strange things and I can understand you anger towards their kind. While you are a member of this herd it is understood that you should hold a proper respect for the God of the Sun, for these are his lands and we live here by his grace, but I will not hold you to fighting for the the gods of Helovia." She paused to draw a long slow breath before continuing in her deep feminine timber. "I will, however, hold you to honoring this herd. This is the Dragon's Throat and we are a family. Without loyalty to one another we have nothing, and if you choose to remain here that we have to be able to rely on you, to trust you. I have to be able to trust you."

Megaera face words and features eased some for spoke as she truly believed. Her passion almost pleaded with the stallion to understand, to feel the way she did. This family she had made in these sands meant everything to her and she asked nothing of Cathun (or of any of them) that she would not give a thousand times over. "To be a warrior is to answer to a sacred calling. You are pledging you life and honor to protect others. A warrior cannot flee because they fear their own death, not when by doing so they risk those who cannot protect themselves. Ranjiri understood that. She believed in fighting for something bigger than just herself. If you wish to remain a warrior here, that is what I expect of you." She stared then, head high and proud and waited. It was up to the stallion whether he remained. If he stayed maybe they could even help him, but Megaera was stubborn... He had to budge first. 

"."
[ooc// Sorry this took so long, I've had a case of dead by-work]

knock me out, knock me out
sayin that i want more, this is what i live for

patriota--studios
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Megaera - 09-01-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Cathun - 09-02-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Megaera - 09-02-2015, 02:17 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Cathun - 09-02-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Megaera - 09-02-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Cathun - 09-02-2015, 04:53 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Megaera - 09-14-2015, 05:08 PM
RE: i’m callin you yellow-bellied - by Cathun - 09-27-2015, 12:27 PM