the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I)

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I waited in stillness and baited breaths, watching the lilac beast before me, powerful and increasingly more interesting as time went on. I heard the whispers over the crowd and felt as though the beast was indeed the Goddess of the Moon. The tension that filled the air was undeniable with everything I had heard of this goddess deeds. I had no quarrels, personally. I wasn’t affected by anything she had done in the past. I wasn’t really around for the battles, but more so the cleanup. I didn’t witness anything of what she had done, but I had heard. I remembered Mauja in the Threshold, the leopard like creature who expressed his disdain of the goddess when I met Tembovu. The sourness in his voice seemed to burn into my mind as I blatantly stared at the so called embodiment of the moon. Erthë beside me was gentle company despite the curiosity that lied within the greenery of the moment. I couldn’t help but to listen in to the little filly and converse with her gently; all while nearly being rude and staring at the goddess every chance I got.

Then I felt the thundering of hooves over the earth, a strange – dare I say bat shit insane – mare running up in what appeared as though the attempt to bite the goddess. Could you even do that? Could gods and goddess get hurt? I didn’t really know if that was even a possibility. Back home our gods and goddesses were unseen, we never saw them in a breathing form like the one I was witnessing before my eyes.

The goddess spoke in an almost comforting yet strict way. Almost like how my father spoke to me. I seemed to watch almost unphased as she flung the mare away from the group. Then, watching a few more equines meet their fates as the gathering continued to grow. Finally it appeared as though the anger and angst of the goddess began to fade, her mask returning to her face. And as it looked like she had regained her composure, a sound that was nearly unexplainable grew louder than anything I remembered hearing in my life. The sound vibrating through my ears, a slight wince at the pitch and uncomfort that grew with each passing second before hearing the words come from thin air.

It wasn’t until the sound ended that I realized I had been holding my breath, my heartbeat racing a million miles an hour. The goddess’ voice snapped over the whisper that had been such a violent spur of the moment, that I almost felt as though I should just high tail it and run. I couldn’t though. When I saw what had caused that sound, my eyes widened and I felt frozen. Everyone around me sprung into action and here I was, sitting there like a lost puppy.

Until a flash of white streaked into vision. Oh no. no, no, no, no, no. I thought briefly before I felt my legs carry me at a swift gallop toward the filly. She didn’t need to be here. She needed to leave. She was already sickly enough as I had noticed. Though my attempts to get near the filly were out of luck, as I saw a large black stag run in front of me toward her in the attempts to block her off her path. A brief glance and I noticed it was none other than Mortuus Nox. So he had a heart after all.

The only reason I was running at a full gallop in the first place was because of that filly, though in the hopes that Nox had knocked her off her path, I looked forward to see I was running straight at the wolf’s left shoulder. Dodging the other equines that were doing their best to damage the canine. There was no stopping now. I pulled my head into my chest and continued on, full pace and hoping to use my bright golden horn to penetrate the shoulder of the wolf. My goal was to at least maim him in some way. Though in all honesty, when it came to fight or flight, I definitely chose to get my ass out of there every time. This time it was different, and I found myself engulfed in one of the first battles I had been in since I was a filly.

God I hope this works. My mind nearly screamed as I rampaged toward the large canine.

I’m not asking for a death wish tonight.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

TEAM GODDESS -- Runs into the fight in the attempts to distract Erthë, notices Nox has attempted to do the same thing and finds herself running straight at the wolf’s left shoulder. She pulls in her head and aims her horn in the hopes of striking the wolf in the soft spot of his shoulder in the hopes of maiming him. Mentions @Erthë @Mauja @MortuusNox
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nuray - 09-01-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Elsa - 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Lace - 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Öde - 09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Rexanna - 09-03-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Eden - 09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Knox - 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Cera - 09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Enna - 09-03-2015, 07:05 PM