Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Fight the darkness,
It lives inside your heart,
It's not your fault my dear son,
It is simply your past.

“The Green Labryinth.” Mesec repeated, marvelling, though perhaps this wasn’t the time for sight-seeing. What small peace he may have had at seeing his mother again, conflicted though it was, quickly disappeared. Najya arrived soon after, joining his side, and after her more came, almost all of them faces that Mesec recognized. Though, oddly enough, one that addressed him directly - who clearly had his mother’s favour - was a face he did not recognize. Brow furrowed as he tried to place whether he knew this golden face, but he was distracted as more came. Ophelia, Ktulu, Megaera, Ampere. He avoided eye contact with most but could not help but stare at her - gathered with the other members of their herd and separated from him by what felt like an impossible divide between them. His silver eyes were pleading, wishing she could understand, but she did not seem willing to return the gaze. How he wanted to go to her even now but the little time that had passed did not erase the memory of her anger, the echo of her voice in pain that he caused bouncing around his head. Even now, though she stood relatively calmly, all he could see was the look in her eyes when he had betrayed her.

Lucius, taking exception to this train of thought, promptly pulled at his bonded’s mane with a sharp jerk of that powerful beak. It snapped Mesec out of that dreadful haze and he continued to observe. Other joined her, the group that he considered his herd mates throwing daggers at the violet mare he stood near and he couldn’t blame them. He shifted uncomfortably, especially under the hateful gaze of his Sultana. There had been rumours before, he knew, but now it was there - plain as night. Already, his heart in such turmoil, he could feel the same painful tug at a strange magic within him but tried to ignore it.

Still more come, either gathering around the Goddess as he had or elsewhere - welcome faces too. Sacre joined him and Mesec reflected on the information that they were brothers, thankful for the fact that the red-touched stallion had chosen to stand near him instead of across that invisible divide with the rest of their herd. “I wish I knew.” Still others continued to come and the demigod had to wonder whether they all came by chance, or whether they had been pulled here. His father stood off to the side, Gaucho, Mauja, Aithniel (was that look cast at him?) and Little Earth, far from little anymore, giving him a nod. He returned it, his stomach sinking with the feeling that they were drawing battle lines - and it was too late to switch sides. A young yearling joined them too, standing at his side, and he smile down to her when he felt her gaze.

But this was not just some strange gathering of almost everyone that he cared about, apparently. Battle was certainly the case. A chill ran through Mesec that set him on edge, a warning of what was to come. His mother began to speak, shout, at whatever it was - though they saw soon enough. The chill of before was nothing compared to what washed over him when he saw the wolf materialize from the puddle of shade. As smoke and words were exchanged, Mesec stepped forward, ready to defend Najya, Vitani, Sacre, and Lucius. Oh, Lucius. The young zephyr was bristling on his back, as though preparing for a fight, but that wasn’t going to be allowed. Until he could figure out somewhere safe for his companion, he would…

But the thoughts of how to get Lucius to safety don’t even finish. There had been one wolf, but now there were several - and they were lunging. Before he could even prepare for the fight that was to come his name was being shouted by a voice that he had not heard in a long time. “Aviya!” He shouted her name back, at once a greeting, a thanks, a warning. Aviya came streaking out of the bamboo forest, placing herself firmly between him and the wolf. Her broken horn, the horn he had broken, was wielded as a terrible weapon now. And just as one of his family member was protecting him, another was being attacked. The Helovians were going after his mother, screaming for revenge.

His mother was cancer, but if it came down to choosing the known from the unknown - he would choose his mother every time. He would choose the cancer that his body had grown up knowing, that it almost welcomed, over the cold, acidic bite of the wolf. 

Movement in the corner of his silver eye, though there is movement all around. Another one of the shadow wolves is approaching, but coming from Aviya’s side. He didn’t have time to pause and consider what team he was on.

Summoning the shadows, they swirl around his body before he vanishes - reappearing a few feet beside the wolf in an attempt to distract it. He was going to lunge, to use horn and wing to battle it, but something else happened.

Ranjiri. She was friends with Ros, wasn’t she? And… Hototo’s sister. Mesec watched, horrified, as if the entire scene were unfolding in slow motion. She was telling them to stop, yelling that Hototo would not want this. And he wouldn’t. He wouldn’t have wanted anyone to get hurt or to die for him. Especially not his family.

It was the thoughts of Ranjiri, of Ros, and most of all of Hototo that did it. The pain in his heart and head became too unbearable and Mesec dropped to the ground, screaming as this new magic ripped through him. Screaming as the faces of all those he loved and cherished, all those around him, blurred until he did not recognize them. Screaming as the bones in his bodies splintered and re-formed.

Until finally, he passed from pain to where screams could not go. Until there was another wolf, a giant warg, where Mesec once lay. When his eyes opened, they were still that same silver but colder now, and a snarl escaped dripping jaws as the monster crawled to its feet and searched, searched for a target. For a meal.

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

mentions: @Aviya, @Najya, @Ampere, @Vitani, @Sacre mostly but a couple other name drops in there just cause

TEAM ADDED-TO-THE-CHAOS but basically Team Moon

- moves to protect Najya, Vitani, Sacre, his mom and the gang near by when the wolf lunges but Aviya gets there first
- notices a second shadow-wolf counterpart coming at Aviya from the side and uses the below magic to shroud himself in shadow and reappear closer to the wolf, going to attack
:: [ Magic: Dark (U) | able to teleport through shadow and shroud himself in it to disappear ] 
:: [ Restrictions | May be used to evade an attack or travel quickly across the battlefield and can turn invisible for 20 seconds at a time ]

- is distracted by Ranjiri's pleas, which trigger his second magic (below), and send him to the ground, screaming and in convulsions
:: [ Magic: Dark | Unwillingly transforms into a shadow beast during which he does not remember the events ] 
:: [ Restrictions | Transformation is painful, rending him immobile for 10 seconds and the beast form is still solid ]

- when he stands he is in full warg form
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nuray - 09-01-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Elsa - 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Lace - 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Öde - 09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Eden - 09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Knox - 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Cera - 09-03-2015, 06:49 PM