the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I)

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
Najya
Oh, the desert dreams of a river that will run down to the sea, like my heart longs for an ocean to wash down over me.
The others arrived soon after. 

Najya could hardly process what was happening.  The faces weren't familiar - not many in Helovia were.  Not yet.  However she knew why there was such disdain for the Moon Goddess even though she was relatively new to this place.  It was enough for her to find a home and lose one all in the span of a few weeks. She didn't know the particulars, but it was enough to motivate a peaceful herd into war just because of the aftereffects.  She didn't need the details to know considerable damage had been done.  

However what she did know was that she trusted Mesec regardless of his lineage.  She had meant what she had said to him not so long ago:  We are more than the stories that surround us - so much more.  Sometimes pain blinded us to that; the true reality of things.  

Then the world exploded into chaos. 
Everything boiled over and all at once it all came crashing down. 

Pain for those who had never healed became too much to bear.  Others fought to preserve what they perceived to be the balance of things.  Others stood stunned as the flames erupted before them - emotions acting like incendiaries and just fueling the flames that raged all around them. 

There was no line between right and wrong anymore.  There was only hurt.   Anger.  Passion.  The raw feelings that bled life into a conflict.  

Najya wouldn't fault anyone - not those who chose to avenge their families, not those who fought for their god - whichever god that was, and certainly not Mesec for defending his family.  The little mare's motivations were simply this: protect.  Protect her friends.  Protect her new home.  

This was not a fight she would run from.  
Twice she ran from battles, but not this time.   This time she would stand. 

She did not move from her spot near Mesec's flank as her hazel eyes flitted over the scene unfolding around her.  Najya eyed the shadows spawned by the wolf-god.  While others attacked the wolf directly - these creatures continued undeterred.

When one swings closer, she's instantly on alert - it's as good an opportunity as any.  But in an instant, Mesec disappears - re-engaging with the wolf so much nearer to where the creature is.  Magic.  Handy in a situation such as this.  She takes off in his direction - pushing herself to catch up and assist where she can.  And then he screams.  

It almost freezes her mid-step.  The air leaves her lungs in one big woosh.  But she grits her teeth and pushes harder.  She engages the wolf as Mesec falls - kicking out with both hind legs, trying to land a kick on the shadow-wolf but she's uncertain if hooves with even find purchase on a creature made of shadow.

When she looks back, she's stunned by what she sees.   Not the wolf - but Mesec.  Sprawled on the ground convulsing as if someone was pumping an electric current straight into his heart.  "MESEC!" she screamed.  Her eyes rolled frantically - trying to see if it was the magic of another that was causing such a reaction, but in the chaos it was impossible to ascertain.   Najya knew that Mesec wouldn't be able to defend himself from the shadow-creatures now so the little mare whirled around to face the shadow wolf - doing her best to keep herself between the shadow and her prone friend.  But something has happened.  Because the form sprawled upon the ground isn't the silvery stallion she knows. While doing her best to keep an eye on the wolf, she edges closer to the wolf-creature that was once Mesec, uncertain of what has happened to her friend.  

"Mesec? Are…are you okay?" She asks, quietly, her voice barely audible over the chaos but the concern echoes across the labyrinth.

image credits || HTML by Reli || Tags:

TEAM MESEC/MOONY

Najya watches the scene unfolding.  However as the shadow wolves approach she attacks one by trying to kick it with her hind legs and then stands between it and Mesec as he has a very bad, traumatizing nap and wakes up as a shadowbeast.

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nuray - 09-01-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Elsa - 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Lace - 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Öde - 09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Eden - 09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Knox - 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Cera - 09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Enna - 09-03-2015, 07:05 PM