the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I)

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

tandavi & natraj</style>
</style>

The world is going straight to hell, and she is late, again.

There are figures both familiar and foreign, a flock of dragons who look through judging eyes, a family enraged by injustices suffered in the past. There are lovers and strangers, fathers and sons, and there are infinite opinions, infinite misconceptions, a gaggle of minds mistakenly believing that they possess that most elusive of things: free will.

They feel such anger when their illusions are shattered. Fire Dancer sees them all, soldiers in an infinite war, pit forever as the pawns of the gods, and does not feel rage. She knows more than anyone, perhaps, that they are playthings of deities, children choosing sides in a parental fight but ultimately without agency of their own. Gods are fickle, flighty creatures, but allegiance is made on a basis of belief, the concept of ideals, not the actions of a corrupt leader. Like children they love and hate their parents, swayed by a promise of presents or blood on the wind.

So the copper child believes, for without this belief what would she be? A turncoat, a hypocrite, a child of the moon now agent of the sun, willfully betraying the pain her own family suffered at the whims of her God and the allegiance they felt to another.

As the pattern of disaster begins to unravel, there is no question in her mind as to where she will stand. The Moon is reflected in her golden face and midnight eyes; the Gods of Helovia are flawed, but they are nonetheless hers, and she shall not let them be destroyed.

There are too many figures and so she follows the magic, tracing a familiar trail of fire and gold. How long has it been since she last saw Lace, the closest to a father the girl has known? Too long, her brother softly replies, his shadow dancing neatly at her hooves. He, too, is eager to trace the path of the stallion, to follow his mentor into the fray. Fire Dancer can feel her heart tremble, the sensations of seasons past rising to a tumultuous head; fervently she presses them aside, problems to deal with at another day. She remembers another fight not unlike this one, where magic had been borrowed, suns erupted- where she felt afraid.

She does not feel afraid now. They know what they must do.

Her brother makes the first attack, darting nimbly between oversized legs with tails ablaze and heart aflame. He hopes to burn the canine's paws, or at least to bite them; to unsteady behemoth and topple the beast. The girl halts a length from Lace, distantly aware of her proximity to the Moon, that god whose flower she wears yet whose path she left long ago. Fire Dancer lives in perpetual anxiety that one day the Moon shall exact he revenge- but that does not matter, cannot matter, now. What matters is the magic of the silver stud, magic as familiar to the girl as her own, and the symphony it plays as it winds its way easily into her veins. She harnesses it, wields it, projects it with all of her will and might, shoving fire into the great wolf's face, a miniature sun prime to burst. She hopes that the explosion will singe his eyes, scorch his teeth, blacken his tongue. She hopes her actions will encourage its downfall.

She hopes that Lace is proud, and safe.

"blah blah blah."

image | code

TEAM MOONY
Natraj runs around the wolf's feet, trying to bite them with fire coming out of his tails. Tavi mimics Lace's magic, throwing an exploding miniature sun into the wolf's face. @Lace, @Random Event for bloodfalls herpes

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nuray - 09-01-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Elsa - 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Lace - 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Öde - 09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Eden - 09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Knox - 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Cera - 09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Enna - 09-03-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Tandavi - 09-03-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Esk - 09-04-2015, 12:15 AM