the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I)

Tatiana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"IT IS AMAZING HOW COMPLETE IS THE DELUSION THAT BEAUTY IS GOODNESS."
 - LEO TOLSTOY

Enough.

She'd had enough.  She was confused.  She had a headache.  She still didn't know what the hell was going on.  She'd been ripped from her home and landed in this less putrid version version of it.  Now it seemed like a game of pick-a-god-any-god and go for blood seemed to be unfolding.  Magic was flung back and forth towards the wolf-god of the Rift and the purple Goddess who had evidently brought them here. 

It was too much.  Just too much.  The girl closed her eyes and shook her head - wishing it was all a dream and that she was back in her own twisted sanctuary again - looking for that sense of peace that always seemed to evade her.  But the explosions of light that were still visible even with her eyes squeezed shut were more than enough to convince her that such a wish was both feeble and foolish.  

Tatiana was neither of those things. 

Green eyes flicker open and she focuses her attention on the wolf.  The wolf who smelled just like the sick, diseased lands of the Rift.  That was all it took for her anger to ignite.  She would have peace, and she would not have peace while this living disease infected the earth.  Her green eyes grew hard as determination burned in her chest - warring with the innate distaste for conflict she harbored since the death of her family.  She was a healer, not a fighter.  A caretaker.  But this moment called for her to become a soldier.

Watching Dvorak step into action without a second thought was all it took to inspire her.  He was brave.  He was always brave.  And even when, deep down, she was terrified, she could be brave too. 

The gold-tipped antlers were not a weapon equivalent to the magic possessed by so many of the others. But it was all she had.  That and sheer will.  She knew the antlers would wield far more damage than the tiny dagger strapped to her foreleg.  She took a deep breath and lunged with a hardened gaze and gritted teeth - seeking to gorge the wolf with the four sharpened tips of her antlers in one of its most vulnerable places - the ribs.  Magic exploded all around - including a near blinding explosion as Tatiana was only strides away from her target and she braced and leapt for the ribs, hoping that perhaps the beast hadn't seen her coming.  

Tatiana certainly hadn't seen where she was going after the explosion so she could only hope she had hit her mark.   She landed and turned - putting some distance between herself and the wolf, all the while she tried to clear her vision but she staggered - she was still seeing spots after the overwhelming, unexpected light.  "Chyort," she murmured, under her breath, and blinked rapidly to bring the fuzzy images around her into focus. 

TATIANA
image credit || Tags:

chyort = damn

TEAM GODDESS
Tatiana attacks the wolf with her metal-covered antlers by aiming for/lunging for the ribs just after @Tandavi light explosion attack.  As a result, she's experiencing some temporary vision problems post-attack.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nuray - 09-01-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Elsa - 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Lace - 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Öde - 09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Eden - 09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Knox - 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Cera - 09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Enna - 09-03-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Esk - 09-04-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Tatiana - 09-04-2015, 12:27 AM