the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I)

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

This felt good. Oh so good. And dirty. Like a guilty pleasure. The lavender lady flashes him a smile, and his matches hers as he stands in her guard, watching. It tingled his nerves like a shiver in the cold. Bracing but with undeniable pleasure. Yet being in the shadows did not mean he faded. No, that golden son, he shone and he didn’t give a damn today who saw it. It felt too good to hide. Too right. His brash smirking grin lit his face and he wasn’t trying to hide it. There others coming, ones who should see this side of him. Who should find him on more neutral ground with composed faces and reverend glances. But god damnit he didn’t care! Like a snapping of a twig the binds about his crown broke in this place and company. Here was the golden sun for all to see, and he would be damned if politics restricted him now.

Of course that didn’t mean he was idiotic enough to be completely won over. After all, though she felt like a silk glove, the goddess had the bitter taste of cheap polyester, not to mention the copper stains of her murders still lingered. But somehow the disjunction only made it all the more fun. Of course he looked like her little ribbon, wrapped so tight about her fetlock, but it would be a mistake to take the image for face value. Though he placed himself in her vanguard, the golden was too much of a dark heart to claim unending loyalty. Such a small matter though, and nothing your quick judgmental eyes would notice.

Just because he hung quietly in the shadows did not mean he didn’t fade remember? Sharp mind rolled through those who gathered. The announcement of @Mesec ’s heritage was a curious note. It made the golden chuckle to think of their meeting that day under the tree. Oh how he had retold the story of his own mother’s downfall. The Laurelin had to give him credit, the Nightwind had some skill. Espeically, it seemed when it came to the ladies, he noted, as a fair girl trailed after him. His vanguard, those of the Basin began to come in as well. @Ashamin, the faithful, came beside the golden, gaining him a quick nod and was that a wink? Haldir was most excited by this development as well. Infected by his bonded’s emotions running on overdrive, the dark stag turned and began the playful sport they always picked up. For once the golden didn’t care. He was far too busy watching others come. Rexanna. Rikyn. Ulrik, who’s distance was noted with a one of the few sour glances. A pale mare of the Basin (Eden). Hotaru, who while passively ignored, was noted. Especially given how she stood a distance away. Sialia, who in this mood was awarded a most mischievous grin.

Of course not everyone seemed so happy to be here, and that perhaps was the more humorous parts, especially considering the poor bastards were largely in horrendous shape. Especially when @Ophelia walked out the laughter hissed under his breath. He nodded to her as he caught her eye. “Forsaken….” It teased. She was quick to snap back at him though. But it missed its mark. Flecking off like a dark on steel armor. “Good lord darling, maybe red isn’t your color. Are those from your new identity?” Perhaps she was getting a little too close to her boyfriend. He smiled back in her the same kind, and noted as several joined beside her.

There were many moving tenderly with sores and it twisted the golden’s face to already smell the coppery lingering of blood. Especially Erthe and Shadow, the pair who had found their way to his doorstep looked horrendous. He hoped they weren’t planning to try and go back to the ice like that. There was also the Dragon Throat section. Like clichés they hung out among themselves, Gaucho, the firey bay he’d met before, the girl he had met in the forest (Ranjiri), and the blue bird Ampere. She especially he didn’t prefer to see him, but perhaps there recent exchange would soothe this image. Not far Aithniel and a very much grown Isopia stood, with the same looks of punished children. With a most wicked satisfaction he foresaw the glimpses of a tide surging up. He always had said that little firebird possessed what she had found, and it pleased him greatly to see it bubbling, barely underneath the surface.

A voice sounds behind him, breaking his scanning of the growing crowd. Crowned head turns back to see a sight that really makes his laugh from deep in that dark chest. The drama queen, Aurelia, was reaching for a few tail hair, with the Good Doctor, D’Art, warning her. It was too late though, and with a wild grin the golden watched the mare flick off without a second thought, in the powers of the Moon. With a flash she turned on others, with the golden watching from his place with a vicious grin. Sialia’s poor expulsion was a bit harsh perhaps, after all, there was in his chest some sense of pity for the dear girl. But he couldn’t bring himself to feel that sorry for her.

The only time his frown dropped in those moments was when @Hotaru ’s name slipped from those lavender lips. His head quickly turns to look upon the Goddess, and there flashed, just for a brief moment, uncontrolled and unhidden (due to the freedom his emotions were playing with at the time), a flame at its tone. It was just a second though and he caught himself. Returning to grin at the sass she threw to the others, very much willing to forget the Lady of the Basin. It was a confining subject. Her shadow pressing him like it did in the cave, and he, like before, always preferred to shove past her, and move back into the light like nothing happened. Because nothing happened right?

There were others who were equally entertaining, and quickly made the golden forget that rather sticky moment. Of course they go to the amusement park without paying the fee now could they? And unfortunately it looked like they did not take group rates.

A voice seeps into the mists of the gathering, and the golden glances to the dark goddess beside him. He follows the conversation, with earth eyes growing sharper, and icey. Not cold and concealed, but shark like ice crystals, a hot cold. A burning freeze. Oh but that smile never falls, it never slips, even if it curls into a smirk. Alright perhaps her overly energetic rallying cry was a dull bore, but by then it didn’t matter. The tension which had bubbled under the eyes of so many released, and the chaos fly like a hurricane. Literally.

---------------------------------------

Everything happened so quickly. Lochan was snatched up from beside Haldir, and the dark stag calls after him, but already in his mind the command. ”Al, tolo” [No, come.] The pained look breaks like cracked glass to reveal the wondrous affection. He was wanted. The golden was not sending him away. He was wanted. Haldir’s large pale eyes stare up at his bonded in amazement, but they find the face turned, scanning the churning tides of bodies, and rising to move. And like a snap to attention he steps forward with an edge never before seen on him. His antlers held for the first time like the weapons they were and chest puffed out proudly as he stepped up beside his bonded.

It was a shame the golden didn’t notice, he might actually have been proud. His mind was a whirl of processing, and as shapes moved, he calculated and moved as well. Adrenaline and hot blood worked faster than Helovia’s best healers to end the ache of his neck. The crowned head snatched back like a flash, unrestricted, and grabbed the black cloak, throwing to his side, where it fell on Haldir’s back. The deer shook the cloak, not liking its constraints and erasure of his proud place. But the golden was on the move. Stepping off at a canter, and the stag was damned if he would be left after such a long desired call to battle.

Roar of battle quickly rose from nothing as many shouted curses and sirens of hate. Some screamed just to scream, and other already cried in agony. But the golden was deaf. His mind sharp as a tack to the coming blades. The Laurelin rushed up from the vanguard of the Goddess, head lowered. But there was a figure sweeping up beside him, pink and small (@Mirabella). Connections jump off and fly. It had been by Hotaru. The herd meeting. Her daughter. Racing towards the goddess. With shouts and purpose fueled by hate. Teeth ground and head tossed up high to draw off the blood thirsting blades. Yet the golden stays his course, and the strong, sharp shoulder leans out, aiming for her young frame. He did it without thinking. In the throes of battle where time and thought are of little place. Where half feelings, and confusion don’t belong. He aimed to shove the girl from harm, but not for her sake. No time to think, no time to pause. Another second and he’s passed her.

As head rolls back around from his toss up his lips whisper under the heavy breath and still ever wide grin. “Anduil.” It snapped sharp and a silver line extended with electric speed encasing his body. But it fit like a glove, a well-loved worked in glove. His prized armor, his precious, flashing in the dark scene. Shadows and roars rose above just as he came before the Goddess. He knows that voice.

@Aithniel. It was too short and quick to pause and reflect, but oh if he had the sheer joy that would ripple through him. There was no doubt now, she knew her power and she possessed it. It sends shivers down his spin, and a wider grin on his lips. Hinds bend under him, sending cloven hooves digging into the soft earth as his slides to a halt, throwing his armored head up in time to see a raging fire ball light and scream towards him. Another roar was rising in his ears (Hotaru’s hurricane magic), but he was too focused. Teeth grab at his collar and unclick a stone ( A MOON AMULET: used to capture Aithniel’s magic), coming back to face it to the flame, praying its dark depths felt the need to protect its master.

Quick as he had held it up the golden tilts his head and flung it (hey maybe throwing his crap around in his cave in rage did help) in the direction of the howls and roars of wolves. (Shoots Aithniel’s captured magic at the wolf). As head turns back forward and passes where the flame came from he lets loose his roaring laughter of a voice. “Your aim’s off Aithniel!” Had he been burned? Did the flame make it? Could he even be heard? It was too fast, to chaotic to tell. Honestly he was in too good a mood to even notice. As his eyes leave Aithniel they fall back to his target, but she’s gone. Harks pin back as a roar of wind and shaking of earth begin to throw him in more confusion. And pausing his steps for a second, though it seemed an eternity in battle.

It was getting to be too much, and he turned to call upon Haldir’s powers. But the moment catches a glimps of white and the golden’s grimace turns to a smile. “Iuitho angol bo Ophelia. Avorn!” [Use magic on Ophelia. Fast!] The hidden deer heard, and moved. He had been clinging to the side of his bonded. He wanted to be brave. Oh how he wanted to set forth the with the golden on the heels of flaming war, but the fire from above and the rising howls of agony cowed him. And he had shrunk under his hidden place. But now. Now he was called. And it, like shot of caffeine at midnight surged through him. He was needed. He was powerful. The golden was not afraid. He would not be afraid. Slipping round the back of the gold the deer tears off into the throws of battle, spying a flickering from of the previous lady. The raging winds (of Hotaru’s storm) tore from his face the black cloak, revealing the proud charging deer. Already his hooves began to smoke, and a cloud followed him. His powers having grown strong since the first appeared and he slides to a halt as he comes close, shutting his eyes in concentration as he lets his power radiate in full strength through is body.

The golden’s leg spread wide to balance over the tremors, and as his gaze leaves where it had glanced at Ophelia he finds the source. A massive dark figure, one he knew only from the invasion (@Archibald) was charging, with several at his side. Teeth bore and harks pinned. Now came his specialty, close combat and blades. In a movement of battle grace he reaches down and pulls a leather wrapped poll from his leg guard. As his head rises up his mouth twists it, teeth hitting the trigger and blades sing out with threat from either end. His head keeps rising with the unleased weapon, twisting and contorting in practiced form. Of course these were not stationary pines, and the likely hood and a hit was terribly low in the chaos. Legs moved him forward, and head struck back down on any manner of dark flesh he saw pass him (Archibald, @Ktulu, @Knox by accident).

Haldir was having an equally terrible time. He had slid to a halt, with eyes closed, pulling on every string of concentration and power he could muster. But he was not the golden. And his weaknesses were greater and stronger. Sounds begin to invade and break his concentration. First a clicking and ticking whirls past his ear (@Ulrik’s scorpion). They fall back to find its source but not before a blood curdling scream, sharper and more painful than any yet in battle, roars over the field. The stag cringes and antlered head tosses, shaking. His pale eyes find the crippled form of MESEC morphing, growing. His eyes widen and heart now falters, pitter patting unevenly in his chest to see the great beast rise.

The golden charged through the chaos, and as his pole arm flashed and legs moved into the thick of the fray it was only a matter of time. The spikes in his collar were ready, waiting only for the collision of impact to send them into the tender flesh. That is, if someone else’s weapons do not find him first. But as he charges with fire in his eyes and a maniacal smile on his lips, a strike, like a hammer on a metal pipe shakes the bond linking his soul to his stag’s. Head turns from his targets and lowered bearing, locking on through the swirl of masses to a small half visible figure. “HALDIR!” But the shout was lost, like all things to the chaos of battle.

OOC :: Ok, I will explain this best I can, and obviously it is all loose and open for dice. I made sure.

Thranduil stands beside the Goddess opposite of Archibald's group.
At the start of battle he throws his invisibility cloak on Haldir and runs to go in front of the Goddess to Ophelia.
He sees Mirabella coming and tries to move his horns out of the way but also to shove her back away from the Goddess.
He calls out his armor, and as he comes in front of the Goddess, seeing Aithniel's fireball. He attempts to catch it in a moon amulet on his collar, and then throw the amulet at the wolf figures. He doesn't know if he is burned/if it worked/ect.
He sees Ophelia's flickering form and sends Haldir with dark mist to cloud her emotions.
Thranduil is frozen by Archibald's ground shaking magic, but uses it to pull out his double bladed polearm and start slicing anything near him, aiming for Archibald but yeah anyone (Ktulu, Knox). It is possible he also runs into someone with the spikes on his collar.
Haldir is creating his dark mists to cloud Ophelia and anyone else's emotions, and gets the scorpion thrown at him. He is distracted by Mesec's transformation, which as frozen him. (Open to Mesec attack, scorpion distraction, etc).
Thranduil senses this and hollers out his name.

Any questions please ask! I mentioned lots of people but only tagged ones referenced in detail, near, or spoken to.
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nuray - 09-01-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Elsa - 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Lace - 09-02-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Öde - 09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Nyx - 09-03-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Eden - 09-03-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Knox - 09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Cera - 09-03-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Enna - 09-03-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Esk - 09-04-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I) - by Tatiana - 09-04-2015, 12:27 AM