the Rift

[OPEN] Beyond the Green Lies the Sea

Kelso Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: kelsopaidani_by_theartlex-d93hesl.gif]

K E L S O

So long as the sun doth rise over this green sanctuary, 
I believe every day deserves the chance to be the best of days.

Kelso could not seem to contain himself on such a promising day, before long he found himself singing softly, an old tune his mother sang to him on many a time (often when Birdsong came). The song was old, his dam had explained, and it rang much like a children's song with a light and jovial feel to it. The brute soon feel to simply humming the tune as he ventured a little deeper so that sea rose midway up his barrel. The resistance as he walked was a bit welcomed, feeling his bones and fibers working to move the powerful stallion forward. Kelso was no warrior, but he made do what he could with what the evergreen and countryside provided him to stay vigilant. In any case, while he might be bested on the battle field, the red hermit had a humble confidence challenging a foe in his woodland home. Today however he had left the evergreen to its rousing. As he strolled half-submerged, he felt something tickle against his leg. At first he thought nothing until he felt another touch and then another. His crane looked about, sapphires dropping to study the clear waters through the rolling tides.

Small silver beings, with silver translucent wings played about the pillars that were his limbs. A smile came upon his face as he began to move again and the small school of young silverfish seemed to follow along, playing, racing one now another, dancing through the sea grass that patches here and there. The crimson stallion was paying a tad more attention to the fish and not his path, so that when another avian equine appeared in the distance he did not spot her. Only when the sound of her splashing in the shallows shortly followed by her lyrics did his eyes spring up. Kelso seemed a bit startled at first, then his second reaction was pure shock. What had she said? Where had she come from? What do I do? Where can I hide myself? His thoughts raced as he attempted to best handle the situation. "Hello....I--"" The stallion was cut off as he lost his footing and fell on folded limbs on the seabed in a flurry of red and splashes. As he made to rise, a heavier tide wave washed in and he fell once more. Again he rose, quickly this time, his dark blue mane was now against his chest and over his eyes and a top his head a strand of kelp from the other reaches of the shore. Well this is embarrassing.... he concluded with a snort.

He tossed his head that most of his forelock might clear his visionaries before making way to towards where the mare stood. "Indeed perfect for flying...and dare I add swimming as well." at this he smiled warmly and even chuckled a little, still very much coy as he addressed the minx. She had beautiful chocolate colored wings, matching her silks, and warm earthy hues mingled with alabaster made up her coating. Kelso had dropped his wings to let them drip, but soon folded them up, trying to compact them, make them vanish if he could. As usual he felt small in the presence of the pegasus belle, self-conscious and awkward in light of her beauty. But then too he had perhaps made enough a fool of himself, maybe the day was overflowing with hope, that inside Kelso decided to chance just a tad more courage today and venture to speak to the femm without having a heart attack. "Have the rains also kept you grounded?" Inwardly he chided himself thinking the question a stupid one: of course it was hard to fly with the harsh weather. He attempted a different line of conversation then. "I-I'm Kelso. As pretty as today is, it is likewise a feat to over when the whales come to play later this season....unless of course they come early." Eyes drifted out...no whales today. Again he pondered how silly it was perhaps to bring up the whales.

====

OOC: <3 

PLEASE TAG KELSO.

"SPEECH"

Messages In This Thread
Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-02-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-05-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-07-2015, 03:21 AM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-08-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-07-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-10-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-15-2015, 03:57 PM