the Rift

[OPEN] Beyond the Green Lies the Sea

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

“Well…” The red stallion spoke slowly, and Nasreen fidgeted a little in place, kicking slightly at the swirling tide as it rushed by and feeling denser by the second as he searched for words. She hadn’t intended to ask a difficult question, but the notion that she had put her companion ill at ease with her query bothered the copper-touched mare, and she was just beginning to grow uncomfortable at the idea of inconveniencing him when he spoke again. “They are..” A large leathery wing rotated forward to pluck the seaweed from its perch atop his head. Intrigued, Nasreen paused, curious eyes catching on the funny little claw that sprouted from the wing joint. What a useful appendage to have, she thought, a bit jealous that Kelso could scratch his ear with such ease. For her, it was always an endeavor—her wings did not stretch that far forward, and to try to sooth an itch with a hind leg was out of the question. With such cumbersome feathered limbs in the way, it was impossible to reach, scratch, and keep her balance simultaneously. Nasreen had always been forced to rely on trees, and so she found the extra digits quite handy. However, she said nothing and darted her eyes away quickly lest he think she was staring. Nasreen had been raised not to call attention to differences, and this definitely fell into that category.

“…they are rather big fish,” Kelso finally explained, putting her fears at ease when he mentioned their playful nature. As he went on, Nasreen imagined the giants that he described, rolling and dancing out in the waves—like a festival almost, she privately pictured. “I should like to see them someday,” she replied decisively, mind untangling itself from the remnants of her daydream. “They don’t have them where I come from.” As it turned out, she had inadvertently anticipated his next question, and when Kelso asked her in the same breath about her homeland, she turned to him with a bittersweet smile. “No,” she answered wistfully, “I’m not from here. I suppose I’m not from anywhere really, if the land where I was born is no more.” At the admittance, her eyes cast downwards, a small hint of the sadness that she was trying to keep at bay. “But yes, I live in the regions now—I rest my head in the Dragon’s Throat, though I once spent several seasons in the World’s Edge.” The girl managed to keep her voice even, miraculously concealing the weight of the guilt that still plagued her for the damage she had done in her time there. Perhaps if she had not abandoned her post, she would have been able to call the Edge home today, but she had shattered that chance when she’d failed to see the warning in the Moon’s words. There was no place for a disgraced Seer in those misty forests she knew, and though the pain was not as sharp now as it had been before, there were still jagged edges that she was careful not to probe if she could help it. And so, in a way that she was becoming skillful at these days, she shifted the conversation back to him. “And you?” she inquired with a sort of gentle prodding. “Where do you call home?”

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link

@Kelso
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-02-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-05-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-07-2015, 03:21 AM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-08-2015, 05:13 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-07-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-10-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Kelso - 09-15-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Beyond the Green Lies the Sea - by Nasreen - 09-26-2015, 09:31 PM