the Rift

[OPEN] the chills

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

"It looked like you did. I saw you stick the tongue out!" The child gave the older girl a surly look from beneath thick pearly lashes, offended by the superior tone and the lie. Mother would not have been impressed by the rude words, but then again this person didn't look like a real adult. She was too skinny and didn't have any of mother's comforting bulk. Erthë regarded her critically from across the glade, feeling a peculiar irritation at the roundness of the blue hips, the elegance of those mile long legs and the lilting tones of the voice. Every bit of it irked her, but the girl was too young to know why. It mostly felt like a desire to throw something sticky, foul smelling and very nasty into that pretty face, and see how it would look then.

There was no mud accessible within comfortable distance however, which was lucky for the girl.

Erthë too started a little at the sound of rustling leaves. She jumped a little on the spot and stared with widening eyes - or eye, rather, as only the right one saw anything at all - as a figure stepped out into the clearing. At first it looked only dark and out of proportion, but as the red light filtered down to enlighten the features, the winged fawn recognized the newcomer as a boy she had seen before. Here, right in this place, in the midst of chaos, pain and death. Her first reaction was positive, because he was familiar and they had been allies once before... but her initial smile and excitedly coiling tail stiffen when all he does is stare at the gray girl, like someone had clobbered him in the head.

It was stupid and unfair, and when the boy took the older girl in defense - or so it seemed to her, at least - Erthë sniffed indignantly.

"I would never stick my tongue in something I didn't know what it was" she claimed haughtily. "I'm not that stupid."

She ignored the question of what had happened for a while, pretending that she hadn't heard it as she picked her way carefully around the bones of the god, not wanting to go near the two older horses - unicorns both of them, and without wings she thought they looked skinny and awkward, as if something was missing - but not wanting to stand there on her own either. It made her feel lonely and outnumbered.

Eventually though, the temptation to show that she knew more than the flower girl won over the desire to disobey her.

"A GOD showed up, and there was a big battle, and I helped!" she said, rather unhelpfully. The child looked smug as she said it however, and there was no mistaking the emphasis that she had fought while Lothíriel hadn't even know about it.

She threw a quick glance at the tall boy, wondering if he realized that they had more in common now than himself and that lanky ing...igon...ignorant by the pool.

blow   a     kiss
fire a gun
we don't need somebody to lean on
image credits

@Rikyn

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
the chills - by Lothíriel - 09-05-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: the chills - by Erthë - 09-07-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: the chills - by Rikyn - 09-08-2015, 11:33 AM
RE: the chills - by Lothíriel - 09-09-2015, 06:58 PM