the Rift

[OPEN] Feel the Burn

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

A half sleep. Half awake.  Part drowned in continuing pain radiating on his neck and limb. The torturous heat kept burning into him, singeing nerves and eating at the strength and grace his body held. The other part drowned in the scene distant from him. His earth eyes unfocused as they watch the healing of the bird, and Ampere’s frustrations. As he looked over the blood dripping from the blades and leaves like worthless rain, unaware of its own cost and value being more precious than gold. Even a body or two lay upon the floor, one black one he knew as being of the mountains. But it doesn’t draw sadness or pain, it only turned a wash with the rest in a melding of senselessness.

Reality can’t be lived this way though, so it come to break his statue gaze. A hot body knocks into his. Crowned head hisses and rises quick with the fight, but it defeats itself. Body screams, arresting his anger and shutting his face back away. It contorts with loss of breath and retreats back away from the threat. Body turning back, revealing in his limp and neck the cause of his agony. He truly was not himself. All these mistakes he was making. Amazing what even a short battle can do to creatures. What masks it can tear away.

Head back low, and lungs gasping back his breath he hears the creature speak. Harks turn to her, but it’s a moment before his eyes can follow. They pin back though just as he sees her and find her tone. It was so separate from this scene and place. So foreign from the mortality this place should bring reminders of. Earth eyes find this creature in a returning clarity from the blur of his struggle. In dull roaming glances he finds the great bows growing from her back and her eyes purer than the driven snow.

Mind finally processes her question, and fits her, with her strange looks, to her place. But as you might guess, he wasn’t exactly in the mood for a polite, objective conversation here. Pain, the reminder of your mortality, tends to take that possibility away. “No honey it’s for the carnival that’s coming to town.” He spat, voice edged with the pain her collision was still echoing through him. “I see you’re planning to join as well.” Body begged for easement, standing still, though keeping away the pain, was agony on its own. He shifts his weight, hissing a sigh as he does, and it seems to bring some sort of non-ass-hole back. And he notices something on her neck as well. “God you look awful.” Well that was the pot calling the kettle black. Guess we’re all making idiots of ourselves today.

"talk talk talk"
OOC:: Thought we might continue this maybe? =D
Identities:: Isopia, Erebos, Cashmere

Thranduil
His words are clever and bright

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Crescencia

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Crescencia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

CRESCENCIA
their words are just lies

Amid the still-churning chaos, her mind was silent. The white mare - a being from a land so very far away and so very different - did not belong, and there was so little here she could relate to. Head turned from the horned stallion in front of her, looking back at the battlefield that was broken, beaten, and bloody. Eyes, silent as her lips, regarded every body that littered the ground... some injured, some comforting others, some quiet just like her... Some "normal," and some "weird" ones just like herself.

It felt so surreal. Where exactly was she again?

Eyes slowly left the others that were littered across the land, and turned back to the seething stallion. Her skin tingled and burned with every aching movement, but there was no outward display of this throbbing annoyance, other than maybe a twitching ear. Don't be fooled; it sure hurt like a bitch. But unlike the snarling, hissing stallion beside her, she was good at hiding her agony. Ears slipped back at his words - filled with a moderately prejudiced hatred, or was that just the pain speaking? - and jingled the chains that connected to them, but her face read no emotional response to the rudeness that spewed from his lips.

"Yes, because I came to join the carnival willingly," she sighed, pupil-less eyes locked with his. "A carnival in a town whose name I don't even know," she murmured under her breath, taking slow steps to move away from being directly in front of @Thranduil. Each time those dual-cloved hooves even slightly touched the ground, her muscles screamed and her vision blurred with the overwhelming migraine that resulted from the pain. In a feeble attempt to dull the aching throb that overtook her thoughts, she slipped into the shadows of the trees beside the stallion, standing to his side instead of in front of him.

Regardless of his vile words, the Oracle passed them off as a terrible product of the agony inflicted upon him by something she could not control. "If I knew the land, I'd offer to find herbs to ease your pain," she spoke softly, staring off to the carcass of a once-god. Why was she offering to help an asshole who did nothing but insult her?

It definitely wasn't the oddest thing that had happened today.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

He should have, in reality, been more like her. He had the skill in their somewhere. Some magic cover to keep over his agitating irritation. But with the sudden onslaught of battle, and her unknown frame he just couldn’t pull together two ounces worth of care. He didn’t…Well….Fine he cared a little. Keeping up appearances or whatever.

The golden’s face irked but then relaxed. While pain still invaded every crevice of his neck and leg, his pride, awoken by the presence of another and feeling their gaze on him. She speaks up in a low murmur and it chides the gold, not in her tone but the lack of it. Harks flick and twitch with the annoyance of having to even bother with another creature, but the pain locks him in place. Even though her steps back allow him visible ease, he still snorts and says nothing. Frustrated with this whole madness and his ruined fun.

Her words come again and tassled tail, one of the few parts he could move freely, whips across his hips, ready for some snarky remark. But he gets none of it. Instead she speaks softly, gently, of healing. His tail stills and earth eyes find her, gazing into their pure white landscape, but he could not tell if she was as sincere as she sounded. Still, it threw him off his guard. And he was left to be the awkward one. It reminded him of someone….

The gold glances to the draining battlefield beyond, trying to shift out of the feeling that gripped him, but it did little. He looks back to her crowned head with a little less bitterness. For him, truly progress. But what was he going to say, you too? That would be the fattest lie ever. But hey that was what he did for a living right. “You too, but I don’t know these lands either.” Maybe it was some form of apology. Maybe, if you could follow his twisted thoughts. Now what. “Where do you come from?” Well of course she did, idiot. Just look at her odd features. She has a tree growing out of her shoulders. But the awkwardness of her kindness rendered his grasp of creating conversation pathetic.

"talk talk talk"
OOC:: Thran never knows what to do with kindness. XD
Identities:: Isopia, Erebos, Cashmere

Thranduil
His words are clever and bright

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Crescencia

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Crescencia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

CRESCENCIA
their words are just lies

Her quiet eyes stared away from @Thranduil, off into the glowing darkness of the falls. The makeshift, impromptu arena felt almost fake, but so did everything else... her emotions, the prickling of her burned skin, the dead god - lying there, rotting and steaming, on the ground.

The Oracle's mind was both hilariously blank and simultaneously wouldn't shut up. Her lack of empathy for those injured seemed almost cruel. But thinking from her point of view may put it into perspective: she and so many others were swept - ripped, viciously - from a world where everything made sense; her, from home, where she had a purpose. Then she was thrown unto a world where her god cast her away and left her for dead, drowning among the faces of unfamiliar deities and mortals. Maybe apathy was the mind's way of throwing up a white flag of surrender..

Lost in her own thoughts, the Oracle saw not of the injured stallion's snarls, of his annoyed expressions, of his flicking ears and whipping tail. Instead, her eyes wandered down to her feet, muddied and slathered in filth and blood. But even amid the muck, the orange that trickled up to her knees shone through, like a horrifyingly crude beacon to an unholy past.

Her skin prickled, and for once, a shred of emotion lit up like a dying spark across her face. Black-tipped ears slid back into the confines of a messy mane, kissing the sweaty crest of her neck. The Oracle's eyes glossed over with welled-up tears as she stared at those glaring reminders of a sick sacrifice... and for the first time since falling onto Helovian soil, her mind was silent. What more have I done that I simply do not remember....?

She was ripped from her self-abusive thoughts by his words. Truth be told, she almost forgot he was even there... the emotion of panic and anguish drained from her face, replaced by a quiet calm that had been there not moments before. Eyes drug themselves from her feet, and towards him again; while her face was calm, posture always speaks volumes. Slack haunches, slouched shoulders with a head dipped only slightly lower than normal and ears drooping, almost melting, into a neutral, semi-backwards position. She looked beaten; a weary traveler abandoned in a land she did not understand.

Her head tilted curiously towards him as her gaze locked with his. The Oracle's blind stare was sometimes uncomfortable, and she knew that well enough. "I do not recognize you from my land.. so I'm assuming you live here, wherever here may be. If that's true, how do you not know your own land?" Such a statement was not so much accusatory as it was simply curious; in truth, it almost sounded like a naive question. Funny, for someone who can see both the past and the future..

His inquiry of her home may have just been a feeble attempt at awkward small talk, but it rustled up a chortle from the mare. Eyes wandered back across the falls, to where the once-god lay, slain and decomposing. She thought long and hard to remember where her home had been, but to her alarm, the name escaped her. Eyes searched for something; a reminder of her past that was no longer there.. and the confusion read across her face and translated thickly into her voice.

"I... " she paused, mind working so hard to grasp a name from the black hole that surrounded her recent past. The Oracle just questioned him for not knowing his own land; how could she not even remember the name of her's? "... was his Oracle and Seer," she spoke, feebly attempting to pull the conversation up from the pit she had dug it into. Her muzzle nodded in the direction of the dead bear, ears flicking angrily backwards. The anger and bitterness may not have translated across her voice, but it spoke volumes as it overtook her expression. "Was," she mumbled sourly. "But I guess I'm .. here.. now," she trailed off, uncertainty lingering across her words for the first time in ages.

Her eyes flicked back towards him, and a tired smile panned across her lips. "I know you're just humoring the crazy lady with a tree on her back. If you'd rather me leave you be, simply say so." Beating around the bush never was her specialty.