the Rift

[OPEN] Feel the Burn

Crescencia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

CRESCENCIA
their words are just lies

Her quiet eyes stared away from @Thranduil, off into the glowing darkness of the falls. The makeshift, impromptu arena felt almost fake, but so did everything else... her emotions, the prickling of her burned skin, the dead god - lying there, rotting and steaming, on the ground.

The Oracle's mind was both hilariously blank and simultaneously wouldn't shut up. Her lack of empathy for those injured seemed almost cruel. But thinking from her point of view may put it into perspective: she and so many others were swept - ripped, viciously - from a world where everything made sense; her, from home, where she had a purpose. Then she was thrown unto a world where her god cast her away and left her for dead, drowning among the faces of unfamiliar deities and mortals. Maybe apathy was the mind's way of throwing up a white flag of surrender..

Lost in her own thoughts, the Oracle saw not of the injured stallion's snarls, of his annoyed expressions, of his flicking ears and whipping tail. Instead, her eyes wandered down to her feet, muddied and slathered in filth and blood. But even amid the muck, the orange that trickled up to her knees shone through, like a horrifyingly crude beacon to an unholy past.

Her skin prickled, and for once, a shred of emotion lit up like a dying spark across her face. Black-tipped ears slid back into the confines of a messy mane, kissing the sweaty crest of her neck. The Oracle's eyes glossed over with welled-up tears as she stared at those glaring reminders of a sick sacrifice... and for the first time since falling onto Helovian soil, her mind was silent. What more have I done that I simply do not remember....?

She was ripped from her self-abusive thoughts by his words. Truth be told, she almost forgot he was even there... the emotion of panic and anguish drained from her face, replaced by a quiet calm that had been there not moments before. Eyes drug themselves from her feet, and towards him again; while her face was calm, posture always speaks volumes. Slack haunches, slouched shoulders with a head dipped only slightly lower than normal and ears drooping, almost melting, into a neutral, semi-backwards position. She looked beaten; a weary traveler abandoned in a land she did not understand.

Her head tilted curiously towards him as her gaze locked with his. The Oracle's blind stare was sometimes uncomfortable, and she knew that well enough. "I do not recognize you from my land.. so I'm assuming you live here, wherever here may be. If that's true, how do you not know your own land?" Such a statement was not so much accusatory as it was simply curious; in truth, it almost sounded like a naive question. Funny, for someone who can see both the past and the future..

His inquiry of her home may have just been a feeble attempt at awkward small talk, but it rustled up a chortle from the mare. Eyes wandered back across the falls, to where the once-god lay, slain and decomposing. She thought long and hard to remember where her home had been, but to her alarm, the name escaped her. Eyes searched for something; a reminder of her past that was no longer there.. and the confusion read across her face and translated thickly into her voice.

"I... " she paused, mind working so hard to grasp a name from the black hole that surrounded her recent past. The Oracle just questioned him for not knowing his own land; how could she not even remember the name of her's? "... was his Oracle and Seer," she spoke, feebly attempting to pull the conversation up from the pit she had dug it into. Her muzzle nodded in the direction of the dead bear, ears flicking angrily backwards. The anger and bitterness may not have translated across her voice, but it spoke volumes as it overtook her expression. "Was," she mumbled sourly. "But I guess I'm .. here.. now," she trailed off, uncertainty lingering across her words for the first time in ages.

Her eyes flicked back towards him, and a tired smile panned across her lips. "I know you're just humoring the crazy lady with a tree on her back. If you'd rather me leave you be, simply say so." Beating around the bush never was her specialty.

Messages In This Thread
Feel the Burn - by Thranduil - 09-03-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: Feel the Burn - by Crescencia - 10-03-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Feel the Burn - by Thranduil - 10-04-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Feel the Burn - by Crescencia - 10-05-2015, 02:12 AM