the Rift

[PRIVATE] boil and bubble

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
@Crystarius

If you want you could have Crystybutt walk into Vol, to see if that has any effect? But that may infect you with boils so only if you're okay with that! ^^

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT'LL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M A STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW

Fucking boils. They irritate him like the world's worst midge bite, leaving the giant with bared teeth and pinned ears. The bruise from his fight with the bear has all but faded, so his only memento of the battle is these damned boils - not the prize he wanted to take away from such a glorious fight. Perhaps this is the bear's way of getting revenge from beyond the grave, punishing those who felled him.

He returns to the Falls often, because since discovering them he has decided he rather likes them. In his mind, he owns them, as he has rubbed his bulk on numerous trees and spilled his scent across several patches of parched red land. The crimson waterfalls mimic his bloodied soul, and he loves them. In addition, he can't help but think the cure to his boil-related ills lie in this land. This is where he caught the bastard things, after all - surely this will be where he finds the antidote to their poison.

But he has already tried everything he can think of. He ate the foliage, rubbed the trees, ate the bear hair, even bathed in the damned Falls, and nothing works. Is he doomed to keep this disease forever? Irritably, the beast rips up chunks of grass from the ground, moonlight beating down on his powerful back as he grazes. Maybe a brainwave will come to him whilst he eats. His dragon dances in the skies high above, breathing icy blasts of frost into the air and dancing around his own creations. Pinning his wings, he swoops; another blast of breath freezes a bright red tree branch, and it falls to the ground with a thud. The red plays with his icy toy, digging his claws into the frigid husk and lapping at the water that dribbles from it. ""

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Crystarius Posts: 13
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
armor laced with blood shall reclaim his name

No matter how many days passed, I kept coming back to the Blood Falls. Why? Even I couldn't quite figure it out. Perhaps it was the withdrawal, clouding my thoughts and pulling me back; whether to see if I could find a way back or hope that whatever had tinged the waters red was more of the red mineral I'd been taking. I honestly couldn't say. Today, or night as it was here in this bloody spot on the map, was a particularly rough day. The aches were particularly strong. So much so that I could almost hear the pounding of my head; it was as if my brain was trying to force its' way from my skull. It clouded my vision, made it difficult to see. Sweat drips down my neck and sides, further darkening the black of my coat which only enhances the red cracks throughout the surface of my skin.

Despite all this, I keep moving. Hoping, perhaps, that I could sweat the addiction out. My legs are wobbly, each step is unsteady and uncertain. Each and every breath comes shallower now, and faster. My dark ears fall back but still I press forward. I press forward until I can't anymore. I continue, unseeing, until my chest bumps against something. It's warm and moved slightly which meant only one thing - it's a living creature. I step back, blinking hard and shaking my head - desperately trying to clear my vision. Everything is unclear. Everything is uncertain. I can feel the irritability bubbling up from deep within but I choke it back, swallowing hard against it. Groaning softly against the pain biting at me from within, I inhale as deeply as I can manage. I need to steady my breathing. I need to.

Finally, I clear enough of the clouds away to see that I'd just run into a taller stallion's hip. I'd seen him before, though I only vaguely remembered where. "Sorry.." I manage to force the word from my lips, though my voice is thick with the strain of the war waging inside of me. Fighting the urge to fall down and scream, I stand there trembling. "I... didn't... see you... there." I add, hating that anyone was seeing me like this. Weak. Then the singing begins - taunting me and calling me. I need that fucking mineral. There's only two options left that I can see and both have the same ending: death.

CRYSTARIUS
image credit

@Volterra
@Random Event (for boils)

Tagging is preferred

Permission for all except death and/or dismemberment
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Crystarius remains unaffected by the BFB.

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

A grunt comes from the behemoth as something nudges against his hip, and he swings around with pinned ears, ready to attack - but his would-be assailant is quick to apologize, and the mammoth colt allows himself to relax with a huff of cool air from his nostrils. "Mind your step," comes his slightly abrupt rumble, but his voice lacks any real venom. The boils have sapped his usual attitude, not to mention a healthy dose of his arrogance. It is difficult to swagger around like a thick-set badass when he feels like a hideous spotty teenager.

He runs his crimson gaze lazily across the other stallion, recognising him as one of the Rift-spawned creatures from the bear fight. Volterra had noticed this man's distinctive appearance in particular, as it isn't every day he sees somebody with crystals growing out of them, and vivid red veins standing stark against their skin. Naturally Volterra's eyes linger on the crystals, wondering if it hurts to have them growing from your flesh like other horses would sport horns or wings. How did they get there? "You are one of those from the Rift, aren't you?" he questions. He is surprised that one has remained - he had assumed they had all been sucked back through to whence they came. Looks like Helovia now has an added bundle of mutants to add to its population.

His dragon, bored with the rapidly melting frozen twig, springs onto his bonded's scarred hindquarters and peers around his neck at the crystalized stallion. "Pretty," remarks the red, who finds the crystals rather attractive, given that they match the hue of his glistening ruby scales. Volterra supposes they are beautiful, in their own way, but they also exude a deadly threat - a bit like Vérzés. "How is Helovia treating you?" It's only now that the colt's attention has drifted from the crystals that he notices the way the older stallion is damn near trembling, sweating like he has just run a marathon. Idly, the beast wonders why.

image credits

@Crystarius

I LOVE HOW YOU WRITE HIM ahhh it's exactly what I thought of when I made his design!

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Crystarius Posts: 13
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
armor laced with blood shall reclaim his name

She sings to me, her voice charming and seductive - making it so hard to not go on a rampage in search of that precious fucking mineral. My body quivers from the need, desperation flaring in my eyes but her voice blocks everything else out. I can see the stallion, his black hide littered with painful looking boils and red eyes to mirror my own pop againt the splash of white on his face. I can smell him, his scent pungent in my nostrils. But I don't hear him. I simply... can't. His lips move and though I'm certain he's talking, all I can hear is a murmur - soft and faint behind her overpowering voice. Irritation, hot and demanding, courses through me; causes my ears to swivel back and my eyes to darken. I want to scream, to yell and tell her to shut the fuck up but I know that will only betray my current weakness further. Instead, I bite my tongue, pinching its' tender flesh between my teeth. Pain ripples through me and within moments the metallic tang of blood fills my mouth. The act provides an unintended benefit, one that I likely never would have guessed.

It effectively silences her. Only temporary, of course, but I wasn't about to argue or demand a different outcome. Despite her disappearance and the peaceful quiet suddenly surrounding me, my expression remains largely unchanged. The younger stallion's crimson gaze assesses me, his eyes paying particular attention to the crystals growing through my skin. Many outside the family had the tendency to stare at them, even within the rift. I'd grown accustomed to the variety of stares, ranging across the entire spectrum from fascination to complete and utter horror. I notice, though remain unphased - I watch him, waiting for the inevitable questions. Except, they don't come. Not yet, at least.

"I am." I reply, my deep voice rough though, to my relief, less strained. "Name's Crystarius." The introduction slips past my dark lips, far more easily now that she is temporarily banished. Carefully and with my own hint of curiosity, I watch him. He reminds me of a far younger version of myself, only taller. Dark, strong and brooding. A warrior, to be sure, but with all the arrogance so often associated with youth. Does he believe himself invincible, I wonder? In no condition for a fight, I keep my thoughts locked tightly away in my currently unbalanced mind.

In the stern silence surrounding us, I catch a glimpse of something red streak across the otherwise empty air and land upon the younger stallion's back. My attention shifts, blood red eyes peer casually at the dragon - long enough to get a good look at the creature but not so long as to incite his ire. "Nice dragon." I remark bluntly, returning my attention to the stallion. I've seen dragons before, so seeing one here didn't really have much of an effect on me. The ones I've seen, though, were more likely to eat him for a nice, juicy snack - and they'd been large enough to do it in a single bite - maybe two. He speaks again, asking a question that sends a sharp burst of air from my nostrils involuntarily. "It's... fine. Really." Other than being just a few steps behind the Rift in development and likely to suffer the same fate - eventually. But I don't say that aloud. There's no point. But then I'm speaking again and before I really have the chance to think about my own words, they're there - hanging in the air between the younger stallion and myself. "I didn't always look like this." I confess, though I'm still not entirely sure why. The mineral does't exist here, outside of myself. Warning Helovia about it is a moot point as it may never be a danger here. I can't help but wonder, though, that maybe, by living in Helovia, I'd be free of it in time.

I doubt it.

CRYSTARIUS
image credit

@Volterra

Aw, I really appreciate that Snow! I'm so glad I can do him justice! <3

Tagging is preferred

Permission for all except death and/or dismemberment
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Crystarius, introduces the man. How fitting. "Volterra," comes his own introduction. Nice dragon, adds the crystal-infected stallion, and the yearling snorts his agreement. The red, preening with the compliment, takes to the wing again and performs a series of acrobatic maneuvers to display his strength and aerial prowess. The weak sunlight glistens from his crimson scales, each one iridescent, before he tilts and lands back on his bonded's firm hindquarters.

The other black calls Helovia fine, which the colt supposes he agrees with. Not that he has anywhere to compare it to, given that he has never set foot outside its borders. Crystarius continues by pointing out that he didn't always look like this, and again the beast's crimson gaze is drawn to those vicious shards of crystal that stand sentinel out of his hide. It must hurt, surely. He wonders if they are fused to his bones as well, if red torture flows through his very veins. He wonders if the man was cursed, or simply damned unlucky to end up like that. The crystals are beautiful, but there's a lot of things in the world that are beautiful that Volterra would not want sticking out of his skin.

"What happened?" he questions, unable to contain it. He is older now, wiser, and so less likely to bombard strangers with twenty questions about every interesting little thing about them. But curiosity still reigns inside his tarnished soul, and this Rift-born creature is of particular interest to him. He, along with the others of his kind, burst onto Helovian soil in the midst of battle. Although they resemble horses, they seem to be intrisically different to Helovian natives, despite any physical similarities. This is the colt's chance to dissect and study one of the new creatures, to discover exactly what they are and where they came from. When he thinks of the Rift, he imagines a black sea of nothingness, but surely that cannot really be the case.

image credits

@Crystarius