the Rift

[PRIVATE] boil and bubble

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT'LL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M A STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW

Crystarius, introduces the man. How fitting. "Volterra," comes his own introduction. Nice dragon, adds the crystal-infected stallion, and the yearling snorts his agreement. The red, preening with the compliment, takes to the wing again and performs a series of acrobatic maneuvers to display his strength and aerial prowess. The weak sunlight glistens from his crimson scales, each one iridescent, before he tilts and lands back on his bonded's firm hindquarters.

The other black calls Helovia fine, which the colt supposes he agrees with. Not that he has anywhere to compare it to, given that he has never set foot outside its borders. Crystarius continues by pointing out that he didn't always look like this, and again the beast's crimson gaze is drawn to those vicious shards of crystal that stand sentinel out of his hide. It must hurt, surely. He wonders if they are fused to his bones as well, if red torture flows through his very veins. He wonders if the man was cursed, or simply damned unlucky to end up like that. The crystals are beautiful, but there's a lot of things in the world that are beautiful that Volterra would not want sticking out of his skin.

"What happened?" he questions, unable to contain it. He is older now, wiser, and so less likely to bombard strangers with twenty questions about every interesting little thing about them. But curiosity still reigns inside his tarnished soul, and this Rift-born creature is of particular interest to him. He, along with the others of his kind, burst onto Helovian soil in the midst of battle. Although they resemble horses, they seem to be intrisically different to Helovian natives, despite any physical similarities. This is the colt's chance to dissect and study one of the new creatures, to discover exactly what they are and where they came from. When he thinks of the Rift, he imagines a black sea of nothingness, but surely that cannot really be the case.

image credits

@Crystarius

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
boil and bubble - by Volterra - 09-03-2015, 02:25 PM
RE: boil and bubble - by Crystarius - 09-04-2015, 01:15 AM
RE: boil and bubble - by Random Event - 09-04-2015, 01:21 AM
RE: boil and bubble - by Volterra - 09-09-2015, 06:34 AM
RE: boil and bubble - by Crystarius - 09-25-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: boil and bubble - by Volterra - 10-03-2015, 09:21 AM