the Rift

Come what may [open]

Whisper Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Whispers of the past…
She had been soaring above the clouds for a little too long. Her shoulders and burning lungs begged her to rest. She listened to her body by dipping under the cloud cover. Her mind had been so tangled trying to figure out the continued nightmares for the past couple of days, she had ignored the protest from within her gut. "Shhhh. Shhhh… It’s ok little one… she said to herself and the heir within her. Soon, they would find a home to call their own here but she was extremely fearful that she would end up hurt or worse yet, someone would harm her baby within. Taking a huge breathe she closed her eyes for a few moments and let herself feel the cool morning wind flowing through her huge feathered wings. Relaxing she folded them back and dropped towards the ground below, her baby within moving sharply into her ribs from the sudden loss of altitude. Slowing her decent she opened her pools and gathered her nerves as her hooves finally kissed the earth in a soft thud. Her landing was light and graceful, even though her frame was very large and heavy. She had mastered her landing because she was so careful after losing the first twin that something would happen to the second. She wondered if the one left would look like the filly she birthed months before. It was just getting hair and was a beautiful black with four white legs.

Shaking her head, she ruffled her wings and stretched them, her chest rising and falling quickly as she had limited lung capacity to catch her breath. Slowly she tucked them away on her back and moved forward. She couldn’t help but feel vulnerable here on the ground. She was so free in the air to move as she pleased but on the ground, she was only a fraction of the speed and felt so cumbersome and heavy (especially being so gravid with foal). Sighing she braced her nerves and inhaled once more deeply and let out a soft nicker into the dim lit morning surrounding her. She had made her way to an open area where she could see far off, leaving her exposed back to a high rock wall. If anything was to challenge her, she always had the option to take off. Although now, being so pregnant she needed at least a trotting start to do so. She just hoped that whoever seemed interested wouldn’t take advantage of her state. Maybe is she played the sweet mare in distress…. She shook her dial. That wasn’t her. She was strong, independent, nice… but plagued by a demon she couldn’t shake. These nightmares…. She couldn’t help but feel they were more than just dreams… they felt so… real.

She inhaled sharply again and shook her head. Her long silken mane flopping around messily. It was never as tame as she wanted it to be. A circumstance of flying so much. It was knotted more than she liked but she didn’t care right now. Her mind was on finding a safe place to foal. Hell, maybe even a friend but she didn’t get her hopes up. She tucked her emotions away like her wings. Neat and pretty and put on a welcoming expression of hope and optimism. Her belly pushed from under her wings and moved in waves as her foal within rolled inside and found a comfy position to rest in. She turned her nape and lifted a wing to lick her side and nudge it tenderly. She could feel her maternal clock counting down. He was very much out of room and she knew there was no way she could possibly get much bigger. She was already dripping colostrum from her teats and suffering from a swollen milk bag. In fact, standing with her hind legs too close together was painful, yet another reason why flying was more comfortable. She could stretch out in the air and not bear weight on her very sore hips. Auds flipped forward as she heard a stick break…. Was someone approaching now from the mist? She tucked her wing back and dropped them instinctually as to hide her swollen belly from the view of the other, although she knew it was almost impossible to do…

Words: 719
OCC: First post!
Notes: :D

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
It was unusual for the fiery Sultana to seek a quiet moment but she needed one so desperately. Where the long winter had been quiet and soporific, spring had come like the downpour after a drought and it seemed her life would flood with chaos. Her concern began and ended with her family, as is always would, both the trio completed my Mordecai and Einarr and the rest of the desert-dwellers that she had pledged her life and service for. Her daughter had grown, beautifully and strong, but until recently meg had failed to see that the scars of their past still plagued the girl and held her back. Not to long ago on the shores of their home, the bonds between the mother and daughter had ben pulled and tested. If they had been broken, Megaera might not he been able to keep on living but the grace of the Sun God they had held, even if now they seemed tender and raw. In the days that followed Megaera had longed to remain at home, but it seemed the gods had different ideas.

Helovia was growing. Twice now their boarders had been pushed out by lands that had not been there before, and twice a battle had followed when the wild beasts that has walked in the foreign parts had fought to keep what had been theirs. The Sunspear had been at one fight and was still dealing with the repercussions of the second but she feared that would not be the end. The God of Time and the Purple Harridan had had their days but there were four gods in Helovia; hopefully the Sun and Earth would find a better way but somehow Meg doubted they would. If either called her to battle, she knew she must go, but for now she needed a moment, just one moment of peace.

With Gwaihir high above the clouds keeping his golden eyes peeled for and sign of trouble, Meg let herself stand quietly in the shade of the trees. Several deep and heavy breaths brought down her heart rate down and finally it seemed that she was able to clear her mind of the tumult of the past days. She kept her eyes closed and focused on the sounds of the woods around her. They were the slow, sleepy murmurings of a world beginning the stir: the trickle of water in a stream, the birds beginning to sing, and a soft nicker from nearby.

The sultana perked up at the last sound, dark eyes alert and ears perching themselves forward to listen. It certainly wasn’t unusual to meet a traveler in these woods and even if the was tired, Meg had never needed solitude long and did not mind the interruption. Quietly, she moved in the direction of the sound, the sounds of her trot softened by the lush spring growth, until she came to the edge of a more open area. In its midst a roan mare stood and Meg slowed for a moment to look. Size was the first thing she registered and the ever-present soldier in her started to tell her to be on guard before she recognized the softer roundness that heralded new life.

She felt a odd tug at that, that she had never experienced before, a curiosity that so far in her life had been quelled by other concerns of war and hardship. One would think that a mother with a daughter near a year old would not have been so phased by the though of pregnancy, but Meg had skipped that part. She had become a mother to the motherless by divine intervention and though she had nursed a child and raised it, Megaera had never felt a life grow inside her body. A twig snapping under her own hoof brought her attention back to the hear and now and fixing a smile on her face moved forward into the clearing.

The Sunspear was careful to approach at a calm walk, wings folded comfortably across her back; it seemed to her that the mare was already on edge (and had every right to be) and she had not wist to startle her. “Good morning. I am sorry to disturb you but you don’t look as if you’re quite where you ought to be.” She stopped at a careful distance and extended her head for a friendly nod of greeting. “My name is Megaera, perhaps I can assist you.”

".”
[ooc// Hi there! Welcome to Helovia!!]

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

Bucephalus hadn’t yet returned, and though Nasreen had ample faith that the gold-spotted stallion would fly home in due time, she found herself missing the friend who had first brought her to the Throat. She was now secure enough in her place that she could venture forth for a day or so without the fear of going unrecognized upon her return. Should trouble arise, she knew that one of her new acquaintances would vouch for her, whether it was Ampere, who had been present at her arrival, or Ranjiri, whom she had met along the shores a few weeks prior. And of course, she thought happily, there was always Ilios, the dear little brother of hers who wasn’t so little anymore. It still warmed her heart that a friend from the past had settled on the desert island as well. Though she seemed to be making new ones every day, there was something to be said for having someone who knew where she came from.

With these thoughts in tow, the girl had journeyed north to the Threshold, with the intention of intercepting Bucephalus upon his return to Helovia. She knew not where his herd duties had taken him, but the Threshold seemed to be the main gateway into the land, and she figured that it wouldn’t hurt to try there first. The journey was pleasant as well; now that Birdsong had arrived, the skies were pleasantly gusty, and she enjoyed the lively flying that the spring winds carried with them. With the breeze at her back, Nasreen made good time. It was only a short while before she was circling the tall trees of the Threshold, searching for a clearing in which to land. As her sparkling gray eyes scanned the forest, she noticed two small figures below—newcomers or travelers, she couldn’t tell. Neither looked like Bucephalus, but perhaps they had seen him. If one had a clue to his whereabouts, it could save her valuable time. Deciding to inquire after her friend, the mare banked left, then spiraled down into the embrace of the dark pines.

“Hello,” she called out to the pair upon landing, ears tilted forward in a friendly fashion. “Could I trouble you two ladies for a moment? I’m looking for a friend who might have come this way! Maybe you’ve seen him? He’s dark, but gold-flecked—‘s got light hair and goes by Bucephalus? Oh, and I’m Nasreen, by the way,” the girl finished, tacking an introduction on to the end like a sheepish afterthought. Where had her manners been?

OOC: Hope you don't mind Nasreen crashing! And welcome welcome to Helovia :D

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Unregistered
Whispers of what was....

Whispers black auds flicked back for a moment in nervousness as she watched the shadows. There was someone coming from the morning mist. As the being came closer, she was able to distinguish features on the mare. Wings of a beautiful earthen hue, were tucked neatly to her back that was much the same color. Whisper looked over her frame and something was soft about the little mare. This was relaxing to her, because so many times did she see large, towering giants in the abyss of the shadows that made her heart race for no particular reason, except that her nightmares told her to beware the large dark figures of the night.

Clearing her throat softly, from habit when nervous she let her auds swivel forward towards the beautiful, much smaller mare. As the mare came closer she was radiating a very friendly and calm attitude that was more and more wearing off on the nervous behemoth that was Whisper. Heir inside shifted again, this time causing a contraction and a grunt from Whispers lungs as a pain radiated though her body and made her hinds quiver almost like flies were biting, but it was far too early for those pests yet.

As the sweet music that was the little mares voice ran out, Whisper stepped a little closer as if somehow being nearer her would take the edge off the demons floating around her brain. Softly, her own low chimes parted from her ebon kissers and were but a whisper into the wind “G’morning Megaera.” She paused and let a smile slip on her face as her blue green eyes softened at the name. She had never heard that name before, and somehow it amused her how it rolled off her tongue. Again, in her slight accent (lightly influenced from living farther up north near the Irish isles) she began to talk. “No, no. There is no disruption here. You are right, I am not where I need to be at all. I do not know where I am here because I am new.”

She stopped and breathed a slow breath, as if somehow those words were a relief to utter after being stuck fleeing for her life. “I am Whisper” she whispered to the mare. “I guess you can see how I got that name” she chuckled. And it was true. Her tones were hushed and quite because she was shy and standoffish even though she was so large and usually much taller than others.

She was pulled from her thoughts however and imminently her body tightened at the sudden sound and commotion. From above another, much the same size as the mare before her had dropped to the earth with a soft thud. This mare however, was duo toned and had striking blue eyes. Unlike the little earthen hued mare who had welcoming dark eyes. The new mare asked seemingly hurriedly about a brute named Bucephalus, who she described. Auds flicked nervously around her dial as her wings dropped over her swollen belly as her heir kicked her from within.

Nervously, Whisper answered in her hushed tones towards the mare who addressed herself as Nasreen. “Nasreen, yes. I have seen a figure of that description flying in the sky but I have not made my introductions to him as I am new here and was unsure if he be friend or foe.” Whisper smiled politely but was still nervous, she stepped one foot closer to the mare who had come moments beforehand who had somewhat of a calming impact on her weary, towering frame. “Nasreen, I am Whisper. I wish I could direct you to finding him. Is he lost? “.

She pondered the possibility of who this being was to her but it was none of her business and she dare not be so intrusive and ask. She turned her gaze back to Megaera and seen a soft curious look from her eyes. Was she watching her belly shift with the movement within? Whisper couldn’t help but feel like this little mare understood what being a mom may entail. That little curious, heartfelt look at her very large abdomen made her feel like life was appreciated and maybe, maybe this little mare had a herd and home of her own. Maybe she had a little one somewhere as well.

Words: 600 something
OCC: YAY peggys!
Tags: @nasreen @Megaera

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
The elephant had found that he utterly enjoyed wandering the Threshold- even if he spent more time searching for newcomers than he did offering residence at the Edge. But he liked finding the outsiders, he liked setting them at ease- if he could, and he liked offering an opportunity for a home. Perhaps it was him attempting to atone for a lifetime of destruction. Or perhaps he was simply relieved to be building something that would (hopefully) last.

Whatever the reason, the behemoth arrived upon three pegai. Pegai mares, at that. He could not help the pleasant surprise that crossed his broad, inked face. He knew pegai resided in Helovia, though he had only met a handful thus far. And one had been that sadistic colt… He let those thoughts trail off for he did not want to be in a foul mood while meeting these lovely winged creatures.

Two were petite, so much smaller than himself (though most were), a fiery chestnut mare with an intriguing face and a lovely chestnut paint with delicate eyes. However one mare was quite large in height, stature, and pregnancy. Could a pregnant pegasus fly? Should she fly? These concerned thoughts echoed in his face as his deep blue gaze rested on the splashed roan. Then she addressed the attractive bay pegasus- Megaera- and revealed it was she who was seeking a home in Helovia.

He chuckled warmly as she introduced herself, for indeed the volume of her voice matched her namesake. He opened his mouth to introduce himself, but cut himself off as Whisper addressed the painted woman- Nasreen- answering some question that was asked before he arrived. Finding someone? He glances towards the sky, eyes matching the hue of the medium he briefly searched.

He shrugged to himself, for an earthbound elephant was of no use finding a sky borne equine, and returned his attention to the gathering around him. “Hello, I am Tembovu of the World’s Edge,” his deep voice rumbled in such contrast to the whispers of Whisper. “I sincerely hope my lack of wings does not make me an intruder in this welcoming,” he grinned lopsidedly, tone implying the jest beneath his words.

“I had thought one with my size would be earthbound, with or without wings. Though you give me hope, Whisper,” he winked good-naturedly at her, chuckling once more. Movement of her barrel caught his eye as the foal within her shifted and again concern flickered across his face, for the stud strongly felt that mothers-to-be should be safe in a herd, well rested, and looked after. (This, most definitely, was due to his fondness for foals and history of losing them.)

“I am not sure who it is that you are looking for, Nasreen,” he glances at the pretty paint mare before addressing the striking draft lady once more, “But I think, Whisper -with you being so far along with foal- that you should find a herd to reside in. I’m certain both Megaera and Nasreen would be happy to offer you residence in each of their lands,” he nods his large horn towards each of the ladies, “While I am equally as happy to offer you residence in my own.” While a slight smile still played around his large muzzle, his concern for the pregnant woman was still plain on his face.
Image|Table

ooc| I hope you don't mind Bovu crashing the peggy party! @Whisper @Megaera @Nasreen

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered
I’d of stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life…

Heir inside kicked wildly and harshly inside her gut. It was painful. As not to seem rushed for bitter towards anyone who had come to check about her, especially not the sweet mare who had such a calming presence – she inhaled deeply and was about to speak as another came into focus. She froze. He was the oddest hue she had yet to see on a stallion and had this twisted giant horn coming from his dial that was unlike the straight ones she had seen when she was but a filly in her far off lands. She almost looked at him sideways from sheer curiosity as she came closer.  He was duo toned on the lower half of his body, but the upper was striped with cream lines on his tan back. He looked more closely colored to some deer she remembered seeing when she traveled the world, than a horse but it suited him quite well. He was tall, taller than even she and this made her somewhat uneasy but at the same time she felt as if he could offer a bit of safety. She paused on pushing her words out, until he came to introduce himself.

He apologized for lacking wings? She giggled at that and then stopped herself hoping she wouldn’t offend such an exquisite looking stallion. “No sir, your lack of feathers doesn’t bother me in the slightest.” She whispered with another small, stifled giggle. Inhaling, she tried to relax. She didn’t feel like any of these beings around her were out to hurt her, at all. In fact, now in the presence of the brute, she felt like she could breathe again. He did have a very valid point on her size and flying however, it was difficult to do this pregnant and with her draft lines… it was harder for her to learn than her smaller, lighter counterparts but she was also stronger for it in the end. “Your point is valid, Tembovu. Being this gravid … I should not fly at all. My lines and heritage of the earth horses however, made it extremely difficult while learning to fly however – I believe I am better for it in the end because my wingers grew larger and stronger to compensate for my mass” she spoke softly, but with a sort of pride. As if she had forgotten the immense size of her gut, she stepped away from the small mare that she was close to and dropped her magnificent wings, and stretched them far into the air behind her.

Every muscle stretched and quivered as she flexed and her primary flight feathers spread out before the stallion and the two others. She realized this may seem odd and quickly tucked them away and felt the heat come to her face. Dipper her dial she apologized under her breath and looked towards the ground shyly. “Where I was from, it was a big deal… but that was a long time ago” she muttered and chewed over her past for a moment before she looked back to the brute who was addressing the pretty little mare who had flown in abruptly, Narseen.

Tembovu talked about lands and Whispers ears perked towards him imminently and her gazed shifted to him and Megaera both. Of course she would probably offer her a home or somewhere to be as well. She had to pick her destination wisely however. Softly she spoke and looked at them both, “Please tell me about your lands. What are they like?” addressing them both and sending a calm smirk to Narseen. She would have addressed her as well but the poor little thing seem flustered and like she was in a hurry to find someone else. She wondered what her story was, though. Who had left her so flustered? Turning her attention back to the two before her, she eagerly awaited a reply as her heir moved wildly within, contractions causing her swollen gut to shift and her to grunt.

Words: 700 something
OCC: Sorry to reply before you guys but I wanted her to address Temb :)
Tags: [@Tembovu] [@Megaera]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Tembovu nodded as she spoke- rightfully proudly- of her ability to fly. For it would be difficult, given the mass of draft breeds like themselves. A hum of appreciation rumbles from his throat as she stretched her massive wings before him, “Those are quite impressive- there’s no need to apologize, Whisper.” He smiles easily at the mare.

Though his smile quickly fades as he catches the twitching of her roan hide as a contraction sweeps over her profound barrel. His brown raises and creases as unease settles in his barrel. The mare needed a home, posthaste. He shifts uneasily, glancing at the other two pegai. “The Edge is on cliffs far above the ocean, which are breathtaking to behold. And easily maneuverable for a winged woman, like yourself,” a hint of a lopsided smile joins the concern on his face, “Though it is far to the west, and I insist we start now if you wish to join me.”

Deep blue eyes glance at her rotund belly, still threatening with contractions, “Just watching your sides makes me uneasy- I would like to be near our healers should anything go awry.” He spares a look at the other mares once more, though he is clearly preoccupied with concern for Whisper. So he nods a quick farewell, “Ladies,” as he turns on his massive haunches.

A directed look at the mare implies that she should follow him- although the choice is hers, he is a man of action and wishes to take this situation under control. Slowly he starts the westward journey towards the Edge.
Image|Table

ooc| Shady & Laine, I hope you don't mind! There are plots underway and I wanted a flow into them <3
@Whisper

Please tag Tembovu.