[OPEN] a vision I can't recall

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

What if this whole crusade's a charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid

I don’t notice her at first.

I am lost in the rhythmic sway of the white waves below, thinking of a time when I was younger and might have felt my heart beat more swiftly as I looked down the sheer face of stone into the water. I wonder, as I look down, if I might still hold that fear in my heart now, had I not become lost and found the Nightwalk.

I think not; both my parents are warriors (are, for my dam is not dead… I won’t think it, I refuse) and the land of my birth requires a hardness of the body that defies the cold touch of its snows. I would be as I am now, though perhaps less lonely, less jaded towards the fragility of life and its paths.

Erebos doesn’t understand. While Aithniel and I may have wandered away from him, his life had remained the same, his station still firmly held below that of his Lordly sire and his home never changing. He cannot feel what I feel when I think of the home that I found outside my home, the home that cannot be here and that will always linger in my heart, a splinter of vagrancy that calls and lures me away.

It is when I turn to leave that I see the mare in the grass, her pale white coat catching the dreamy light of the thin, chilly air. Small, her figure is full and swayed in places, suggesting that she is much, much older than me. Still, there is something to the way she moves and the soft ripple of her moonlight hair that suggests she had once been as fair as any maiden that inspires lust, and I quietly look upon her for a moment from where I have turned partly away from the tremendous view to admire the weathered beauty of the ivory wanderer.

She smells like sun, and sand. I remember walking in such a land with my friends, the red sea of the Heart behind us.

"Have you been there long?" I ask, not bothering with introductions (things I grew bored of very early in my life). They’ll come soon enough, and it makes me feel childish to begin with my name.

Why should she have a right to it, anyway?
For the blood on which we dine
Justified in the name of the Holy and the Divine.

@Sheba

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
a vision I can't recall - by Rikyn - 09-04-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: a vision I can't recall - by Sheba - 09-04-2015, 09:44 PM
RE: a vision I can't recall - by Rikyn - 09-08-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: a vision I can't recall - by Sheba - 09-24-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: a vision I can't recall - by Rikyn - 09-30-2015, 10:18 AM