the Rift

[PRIVATE] send an angel -- send two

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
the aurelight

Why he hadn't accepted further healing from the two Basin mares, Kaj didn't know. He had no companion to scold and push him to accept it, no mate at home waiting that he wouldn't want to scare with the gore of his leg. A solitary soul, meaningless in the grand scheme of things. It hurt, far more than anything else Kaj had ever experienced. He'd injured his legs before, had limped and gingerly touched his hooves upon the earth as he walked, but even that was an impossibility at this stage. He was grateful to the two mares who'd gone to his aid so willingly, and he made a mental note to take a trip up to the Basin to express that gratitude. Either in person or as a Falls Czar. That would have to come far later, however. Especially if the upheaval in Helovia was anything to go by. 

Walking was beyond him. The agony was too much to bear, even the lightest of jostling seemed to rip through him like bloodied lightning, causing his head to swim and his eyes to water against the pain. Flight had been the only other option, and though his legs were mostly motionless especially in comparison to walking, the winds still stirred him restlessly. Kaj honestly didn't remember the journey to the Falls, and it was truly miraculous that he'd managed to end up there in the end. His directional abilities were shot, and the boils on his skin only furthered his pain. He was mindless, having succumbed to the agony and the slow deadening numbness that leeched up his shoulder in a distinctly terrifying manner.

He wondered if this was how he'd die, and was not entirely bothered by the thought.

His landing was one of his harshest, and even his newly-flighted past colt self could have done better. Kaj choked on a thick, wounded noise as he half-collapsed against a tree, wing scraping against the bark and injured leg held straight but shaking, off the ground beside him at an awkward angle. His lungs and heart burned with exertion, body trembling with shock as his senses became numbed and slid into oblivion. With numb lips he forced two names past his teeth, knowing if he didn't he'd likely not make it any farther. 

"ARCHIBALD! RESPLENDENCE!"

image credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
Resplendence was starting to get worried. She had noticed too many people being gone for too long. It wasn't right. It shouldn't be happening. Aye. She wanted to leave, to search for them. But… she couldn't do it. She couldn't leave in case someone who was still here required her assistance.

So, instead, she patrolled the borders. Hours at a time. Days on end. She refused to stop if she thought something was wrong. She didn't care that Valiance was getting onto her. She didn't care that Valiance was pleading with her to stop. She couldn't stop because her mind was running. Her mind was spinning, saying that she had to hold the family together.

It was Valiance who heard Kaj - having shot off to try and find someone to make Resplendence stop the patrols. "Kaj! Kaj is back!" Valiance shouts through the bond, loud enough to make Resplendence jump - startling off to the side and stumbling to the ground. She snorts, exhaustion kicking in, and she forces herself to get back to her feet. She shakes her head to try and keep her mind awake and alert before taking off in the direction that Valiance was.

Valiance swooped down, landing upon the ground just in front of Kaj - eyes narrowing in concern. He spread out his wings and gave a few clicks, afraid to touch the stag in case he took him off balance and caused him to crumple on top of the awkwardly positioned limb. "Injured. Looks bad." Valiance warned Resplendence just as she reached the edge of the tree-line.

Her eyes shot open wide, panic coursing through her veins as her sleep-deprived mind tried to form words. Her jaw was slack as she inched forward - afraid to touch him for fear that it would cause him immense pain. His skin had boils and his leg was positioned so awkwardly. Finally, words slide from her lips as the same time as tears begin to slip from her eyes. "Kaj… What happened? You look like death…"

Was this a nightmare? Please let it be a nightmare…

Image Credit

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Archibald the Dauntless
Through the ages of time I've been known for my hate, but I'm a dealer of simple choices; for me it's never too late.
Archibald moved like a hurricane through the muggy, damp forest. The call on the wind that carried him forth was hurried, hurt, and broken and Archibald needed to respond. The pale brute was his fellow leader, a brother of arms, and if something was wrong it was Archibald's job to fix it. Loretta burst through the trees before the Czar, and the gasp that entered his mind through their bond made his blood turn to ice. Archibald moved towards Kaj, and Loretta made note to him of the healer standing there with them. Resplendence he thought, catching her at a glance. He was transfixed on the bone sticking from Kaj's leg, however, and reached forward to examine it further.

She's not doing anything! Archibald make her DO something! Loretta snapped at Archibald, making the giant turn quickly. Golden eyes flickered to Resplendence, worry plastered all over face and fear running wild in her demeanor. Archibald moved forward to wrap his neck around the small female and pull her close to his chest, to have her feel his beating heart against her skin. "This is real. Kaj is injured and he desperately needs you. You are awake, Res, now do your duty!" He hoped his actions would bring the mare to them, bring her to life and shoot her to into her own sort of battle mode. Loretta paced behind them, jaw clenched and ears flat against her head. He needs a companion. She noted carefully but matter-of-fact. Archibald snorted, pulling back away from Resplendence and clearing the way for her to work. 

"Kaj! What--who did this to you?" Archibald boomed then, muscles tightening beneath his blackened hair. His stomach churned with the mixing emotions of rage and worry. Archibald was the undertaker in too many deaths to not know what a broken limb meant. While horses could definitely achieve this injury on their own, the Dauntless would not peg Kaj stupid or reckless enough to do so. Someone had done this to Kaj, and under Archibald's might they would pay

credits :: table

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
the aurelight

I don't deserve you, he thought woundedly, a beast hiding away from the light of salvation as it clung to the scraps of darkness it exuded naturally from its soul. I've led you into darkness, I am a false light that calls to your souls. Why do you come for me? He watched them come, heard their approach roaring in his ears like their waterfalls, the only sound to pervade the dull buzzing that everything else had become as his body succumbed to shock. His heart ached with a ferocity that the physical pain could not hope to overcome. Why do you come when I call? Resplendence stumbled forth first, eyes sweeping over him and going wide, and for a moment he was actually ashamed that he had garnered such an injury. As if he could have prevented it somehow, so as not to put her in this position. He was locked inside his own head, watching everything through a murky glass, and his heart shuddered with agony. 

He wants to answer her. He wants to answer her so badly, but his tongue is thick and frozen in his mouth and his muscles are seizing periodically as his body tries to handle this new level of pain. Words don't come, no matter how hard his throat works, and he feels like his brain is full of cottonwood puffs. A blanket of numbness in his mind to counteract the fire that has leeched everything from his shoulder. He wants so badly to answer her, to explain, but he instead stares at her with pinched eyes and flared nostrils. Pain management, he thinks dully. Every thought is dull, truly. 

The undergrowth rustles, earth shaking with the approach of his brother, and he manages to listlessly turn his eyes to see Loretta's familiar form come shooting out of the greenery. Kaj's knees feel weak, to see them crease the earth to reach him in his moment of need. What have I done to deserve you, he screams inside his head because his tongue will not work. But as they approach, he recalls the boils on his skin, and jerks his chin in a negative sway. "Boils," he manages to say around thick tongue that chokes him. But he must say it, must keep them from him, and his protectiveness and love seems to be the only force strong enough to overcome his system shutdown. They're apparent on his skin, but he hopes that they understand when he says the word that they're infections. The problem is, his leg has to be snapped back together somehow, and he doesn't know if he has the strength to do it on his own. 

His eyes roll in his head, and everything is swaying but he tries his best to focus on Archibald. "Time God...killed another realm's God," he manages to spit, leaning heavily against the tree beside him. His injured wing hangs limp, trailing golden feathers in the grass like teardrops. "There were foals," he explains, and his heart swells until his brain reacts in turn, and he slumps farther against the tree as his legs shake with the effort of holding himself up. His left shoulder is both deadened and raging with fire that is creeping alongside his neck now. The splint the girls had put on him and the clotting herbs have worn off, and blood is seeping heavily past the paste. His head feels thin, if that is even an accurate adjective. "Stallion, from the other realm. Armored, but...melded in his body," he huffs, and his breaths are becoming ragged. "Went after Myrrine. I didn't see him, I'm sorry," and he feels his failure so profoundly. How can Archibald stand to gaze upon him after such a foolish mistake? Myrrine had not been his disciple for seasons, she having fled when they invaded the Falls. But she was still his in many other ways, part of his errant flock. 

Image Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
Kaj just stands there. Staring. His body shaking, his leg broken - bone jutting out awkwardly. Pelt splattered in blood and one of his wings mangled. Boils are covering his frame and she swears that she is in a nightmare. "Why won't he answer!?" she cries in her head, body trembling now as she  begins to take a few steps backward, shaking her head violently in an attempt to wake up.

Archibald appears while she starts to back away, choking on tears, ear starting to pin. She doesn't understand. Why does she have to keep reliving these nightmares?! And Archibald comes close, she doesn't know how long after he appears that he does - just that he does, and wraps his neck around her, pulling her toward his chest. "Dreaming. Must be dreaming." she sobs, eyes squeezing shut. "Why can't I wake up?" He speaks, saying that it is real, that Kaj needed her an she was awake. "Nightmares, he looks like my nightmares," she stutters, forcing herself to concentrate upon  Archibald's heartbeat in order to pull herself back into focus.

It was just as he pulled away that some clarity flickered into her eyes and she managed to steel some of her nerves. She called forth the power of the Earth just as Kaj began to speak and slide farther down the tree. "Shhhh. Explain after. Just stay with me…." she pleads, tears still pouring from her eyes. The healing roots begin to wrap around Kaj, snapping his leg back into place and mending the bone back together. Then, crawling up his wing and trying to assist in sewing that back into place, and finally she attempted to heal the boils - though she had no clue if it would have any effect.

Of course, Kaj hadn't listened, he'd explained everything while Res was healing. Still, as the roots retreated she collapsed to the ground. Her body spent from sleepless nights and then this massive undertaking of healing. She shakes, cringing a little as she moves her legs into a safer position and Valiance clambers to her back - wrapping his wings around her to soothe her.

Now, all she could do was mutter, "Nightmare. Had to be a nightmare…" over and over again with her head shaking slightly from side to side. This was all some sick nightmare. Right?

Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
This attempt at a cure has no effect on the BFB.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Archibald the Dauntless
Through the ages of time I've been known for my hate, but I'm a dealer of simple choices; for me it's never too late.
The militant pair listened as Kaj stuttered and explained himself. Archibald was not surprised that Kaj had managed to get himself hurt while protecting another soul, but Archibald was surprised on what the battle was. A pale brow lifted as the Czar mulled over what his co-leader had spoken. The Time God had brought a piece of land to Helovia...from somewhere else? It did not make much sense--but neither did the appearance of the Aurora Basin in Helovia. Grunting, Archibald shook his head some. "Tell me how to find this new land, and I will find the culprit who injured you. They will have to answer to me." Archibald spoke with ice in his voice, but a flickering flame of anger touched the base of his baritone voice. Loretta shook her head at Archibald's side, tsking across their bond. Dumb. He made a dumb choice and now we have to clean it up? What. The. Actual. Fuck.

With another snort, Archibald reached down and landed a nip on Loretta's scruff with lightning precision. The bitch sidestepped, but took her punishment with no vocal outburst. Her jaw tightened, but Archibald felt her heart soften across their bond. Archibald had taught the beast how to grow up, and he expected her to act with dignity and refinement when she was called to do so. Just watch him, Archibald muttered mentally, moving towards Resplendence. She was barely standing, and her body shook beneath her salmon pelt. "Res..." Archibald spoke to her, his voice a sudden whisper. The change of his tone showed the father beneath his battle hardened hide, and the titan stepped forward again to wrap the claybank in a tight embrace. "Rest, Resplendence. You have done well."

credits :: table

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me