the Rift

[PRIVATE] send an angel -- send two

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
Kaj just stands there. Staring. His body shaking, his leg broken - bone jutting out awkwardly. Pelt splattered in blood and one of his wings mangled. Boils are covering his frame and she swears that she is in a nightmare. "Why won't he answer!?" she cries in her head, body trembling now as she  begins to take a few steps backward, shaking her head violently in an attempt to wake up.

Archibald appears while she starts to back away, choking on tears, ear starting to pin. She doesn't understand. Why does she have to keep reliving these nightmares?! And Archibald comes close, she doesn't know how long after he appears that he does - just that he does, and wraps his neck around her, pulling her toward his chest. "Dreaming. Must be dreaming." she sobs, eyes squeezing shut. "Why can't I wake up?" He speaks, saying that it is real, that Kaj needed her an she was awake. "Nightmares, he looks like my nightmares," she stutters, forcing herself to concentrate upon  Archibald's heartbeat in order to pull herself back into focus.

It was just as he pulled away that some clarity flickered into her eyes and she managed to steel some of her nerves. She called forth the power of the Earth just as Kaj began to speak and slide farther down the tree. "Shhhh. Explain after. Just stay with me…." she pleads, tears still pouring from her eyes. The healing roots begin to wrap around Kaj, snapping his leg back into place and mending the bone back together. Then, crawling up his wing and trying to assist in sewing that back into place, and finally she attempted to heal the boils - though she had no clue if it would have any effect.

Of course, Kaj hadn't listened, he'd explained everything while Res was healing. Still, as the roots retreated she collapsed to the ground. Her body spent from sleepless nights and then this massive undertaking of healing. She shakes, cringing a little as she moves her legs into a safer position and Valiance clambers to her back - wrapping his wings around her to soothe her.

Now, all she could do was mutter, "Nightmare. Had to be a nightmare…" over and over again with her head shaking slightly from side to side. This was all some sick nightmare. Right?

Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
send an angel -- send two - by Kaj - 09-04-2015, 09:45 PM
RE: send an angel -- send two - by Resplendence - 09-04-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: send an angel -- send two - by Archibald - 09-07-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: send an angel -- send two - by Kaj - 09-07-2015, 07:15 PM
RE: send an angel -- send two - by Resplendence - 09-07-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: send an angel -- send two - by Random Event - 09-07-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: send an angel -- send two - by Archibald - 09-10-2015, 10:01 PM