the Rift

heartbeats [birth, open]

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Warmth.

I am safe in this dark place. I am warm, cradled in the womb of my mother. Her voice, I hear it everyday now, is such a comfort. Her words make me move, turn my head and stretch in excitement. I am secure, nothing can bring me harm in the protection of this warm place.

Disturbance.

I start moving, my legs stretching even farther than they have before, my neck craning to go flat. I am being pulled from my warm place! No! I am not ready to go! Surely I can stay, I like it in here. My mother makes noises foreign to my fishbowl hearing. I am scared for her. Why is this happening? I do not like this.

Cold.

My body falls to the ground. I am instantly uncomfortable, a sensation creeping over me and bringing new things to my life. I am cold, no longer is there a protecting warmth around me. My eyes flutter and then open, blinking strategically to adjust to the new light. I am not sure of this world--I want the safety of my dark home. My ears flick back and forth as something touches me. I turn my head, a hard struggle, and I feel tired. I know the voice as it speaks, it is my mother. She told me so, whispering so many things to me when I was in my home. Instantly I am calm as she cleans my body.

I look at her, a blurry, pale figure standing high above me. She is huge! I am not intimidated by her size, I am merely comforted by it. I remember the feeling of my dark home now transpiring into my mother. She is my warmth, my dark place. I want to be near her. Shakily I move. My body parts seem foreign, aliens attached to me. They are moving. My hooves push on the ground. I am up! I am standing!

Thud.

Just kidding. I am back on the ground again. Something inside me stirs, a stubborn dedication, and I move again. My legs are not as shaky now as I stand, pushing my back to the sky. My head stays close to the ground as I stand next to my mother, unbalanced. Carefully I look up to her with blue eyes to match her's, waiting for an answer.

Messages In This Thread
heartbeats [birth, open] - by Kou - 10-03-2012, 10:58 AM
RE: heartbeats [birth, open] - by Aviya - 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM
RE: heartbeats [birth, open] - by Tamlin - 10-04-2012, 01:33 PM
RE: heartbeats [birth, open] - by Mauja - 10-05-2012, 05:01 AM
RE: heartbeats [birth, open] - by Kou - 10-06-2012, 01:17 PM
RE: heartbeats [birth, open] - by Aviya - 10-06-2012, 06:29 PM
RE: heartbeats [birth, open] - by Tamlin - 10-07-2012, 02:42 AM
RE: heartbeats [birth, open] - by Mauja - 10-07-2012, 08:03 AM
RE: heartbeats [birth, open] - by Kou - 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM
RE: heartbeats [birth, open] - by Aviya - 10-17-2012, 12:29 PM