the Rift

[OPEN] Near Light

Katerina Posts: 37
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 HH :: 97[8 in Helovia]
ShadowMare
Your sorry means little
Not after you've broken it

Her thoughts and attention was completely consumed by her surroundings, the wet and damp soil that her hooves sunk into felt foreign and strange. This land, Helovia, as they called it, was remarkable. It had it's own sense of beauty, with the blue skies and the dense tropics, only those void of emotion could say that there wasn't something striking here. She knew that soon she would miss her home, but for now she felt content with this new adventure she had come across.

Drapes dragged behind her in their thick long mass, diamonds glittering as the ray's of this world's star caught her gems. Occasionally Katerina would ask the white about this land, the names of things she crossed that she had never seen before, as well as the details about his herd. His answers always intrigued her old soul, she remembered being young and eager, always curious and always putting her muzzle in places it didn't belong. Now, with the years of knowledge she had under her belt, Katerina looked at the world with aged eyes but her curiosity never ceased. It was the only side of her that never got the chance to grow up, her childish desire to explore would surely be her bane.

A rough single word awoke her from her walk in daydreams, "Home." Mauja had spoken, Katerina's silver pools looked at the green blanketed hill. Would this new "home" for her really take claim as that; her home? She couldn't say she wasn't slightly skeptical that this place was only going to mean little to her, but Katerina reminded herself that she couldn't be afraid of the what ifs, she could only be afraid of what was in the now. "This land is beautiful" She said with soft silky tones. Breathing in the fresh crisp scent, she relaxed into her skin, everything would be alright.

Glancing towards Mauja, she listened to him as he spoke of the glass wall that separated this herd from the wilds of the rest of this planet. Her ears perked forward, she was infatuated with stories. Was there one hidden behind the shards of crumpling glass? Saving the thought for a later time, she nodded her kudu horned cranium, a small smile whispering onto her features. Mauja spoke again, this time personally questioning Katerina. His striking eyes looked into her own silver ones, the question bringing bitter-sweet memories. How strange it was, that all the recollections of her old home were now just memories. Katerina's story there had ended, her future cut short, no more memories to be remembered. A few seconds passed by before she answered the white knight, her chords low but still holding their soft charm. "My home was composed of soft blue grounds that stretched far and wide. The sky was an array of rich purples and deep blues, the stars of other galaxies and the planets of other worlds was my view everyday. Time worked much differently there then it seems to here, do you know of any that are a few centuries old per chance?" She asked with a tilt of her head. It was obvious that as she spoke, her tone became saddened by the constant realization that this was all past tense, and that there was never going to be a present tense for her, ever. "The people were truly remarkable, all loyal and caring, I would be a stranger to the darkness that encompasses other lands if my curiosity wasn't always bringing me into trouble." She said with a smile, remembering her childhood. Katerina's orbs had drifted to the hills around her, but as she asked a question in return she settled them back on Mauja.

"What of you? Is Helovia your true home?"

OCC: Well, this took me ages. SO SORRY!! @Mauja

"Talk?"

image credits

Messages In This Thread
Near Light - by Mauja - 09-06-2015, 06:04 AM
RE: Near Light - by Katerina - 09-30-2015, 07:00 PM
RE: Near Light - by Tembovu - 10-04-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: Near Light - by Mauja - 10-18-2015, 07:17 AM
RE: Near Light - by Katerina - 10-26-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Near Light - by Tembovu - 10-27-2015, 11:24 PM
RE: Near Light - by Mauja - 11-15-2015, 04:29 PM