the Rift

[OPEN] stitches don't heal all wounds

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Lace the Silverthorn
It is our actions that define who we are

Every inch of his body hurt. Even though the sleek coat was unbroken and whole save for a few scars, he felt the trace of battle in his bones. It was a dull ache that crept up on him as the warmth of daylight faded, reminding him of the years he had lived. They were increasing every so slowly, piling one upon the other until the memories of childhood became washed out and faded, less clear than they had been. Once he had known only too well the impatient throb of hot blood within the veins, felt the burn of the loins and pined for honor, glory, eternity...

But while the years had ceased to show upon his hide, Lace found it harder to recall things he had once taken for granted. Like the humiliation of a battle lost, or how awkward he once had found it to share his feelings with others. Other things seemed more important now, and where he meandered through the dusky woods the injuries of body and pride was set aside for more pressing concerns.

"But what is a secure place?" he argued aloud, attention focused for the most part on the dragon that flitted lazily by his side. "I take it he meant a herd land, but I can't think of any who'd accept me just for this."

"Don't need moon-sun-earth-flash nest. I will guard." A small tongue of flame lit up the shadows in a flash to underline her statement, but Lace shook his head.

"I know you will, but I'm not sure it will be enough. I'm sure he will find ways to test me, and no matter how good we are, we can't fight off an entire pack of wolves on our..."

"What is it?"

The dragon didn't answer but beat her wings with more force and sped up ahead. She had spotted something, and though he was curious Lace knew better than to push her for an answer. He sensed no alarm in her, only intrigue, and so he kept strolling along until he felt the familiar prod of her thoughts.

"Four-leg earthling. Trapped."

Lace frowned and picked up the pace at once, following the internal map of images the dragon sent to him. As though in afterthought he kindled a sun and let it hover by his shoulder, its light and warmth flooding the woods and turning night into day where he passed. Fajira came to meet him when he arrived, her voice a soft warble as she circled once over his head; then she swooped back and landed on a branch, playful curiosity glittering in the pale blue eyes as she gazed down on something on the ground. He let the small sun rise higher into the air, blinking in surprise as he studied the creature before him.

Didn't he know this person? It was a mare, wasn't it, hidden behind that green cloth. There was definitely something familiar about her, but he couldn't quite place where he ought to have met her. Something that had to do with roses...

But that would have to wait.

"Are you alright?" the silver-coated stallion asked kindly, keeping the voice soft and soothing so that he wouldn't startle her - Fajira had probably already taken care of that. "I might be able to help you, if you so wish."

There was no trace of humor in his words, but inwardly Lace had to smile at the predicament. How the doe had managed to trap herself like that he didn't know, but it had to be both uncomfortable and embarrassing... It looked like she had made it through the winter a bit too well.

Picture by Vossity

@Dröm
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
stitches don't heal all wounds - by Dröm - 09-06-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: stitches don't heal all wounds - by Lace - 09-07-2015, 12:00 AM
RE: stitches don't heal all wounds - by Dröm - 09-07-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: stitches don't heal all wounds - by Lace - 09-07-2015, 01:31 AM
RE: stitches don't heal all wounds - by Dröm - 09-07-2015, 11:31 AM