the Rift

[PRIVATE] just let me hold you a little longer

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
“Why you did what. It is harsh against the night, meant to make him squirm though you know it will not. But he does. Not because of your anger, but because of your admittance of his daughter, her life snuffed out because you had been too careless. You simply stare at him at first, too stunned to register the agony, or maybe confusion, written across his face. You nearly reach out to him then, seek the same flesh that you had denied moments ago, but you do not, too weary of the consequences it brought once before. His pain bleeds through and burns the rest of your anger away. You are naked beneath that, raw with the grief of loss anew within your heart, something that, for once, you share with this man that was the cause of your hurt in the first place. He asks of her and you simply look at him for a moment, the tears that have swelled within your eyes finally trickling down your cheeks. In this moment he is not your enemy, not something to be feared, he is a man experiencing the loss of a child, something that you cannot turn him away from knowing full-well the weight it bears.

“Underneath a tree near the bottom of a mountain; I’ll take you to her if you want.” You need to go too, to solidify all of this in your mind, your heart, once again. He surprises you then, blaming himself for what had happened to her. You shake your head, wanting desperately to comfort him the way you so need to be comforted, but unsure how. “Caleb, no–“ It is all you manage to croak out, finding your heart twisting with guilt and frustration, your knees trembling beneath your weight. “Even if that’s part of it, I think I was too small, too reckless–it was a difficult birth…” One that you don’t even remember, losing too much blood to even stay conscious.  “I’m sorry too.” It is only then that you look him in the eyes, a small smile quivering along your lips.

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
just let me hold you a little longer - by Caleb - 09-06-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: just let me hold you a little longer - by Enna - 09-07-2015, 03:52 PM