the Rift

[PRIVATE] i may be far but never gone

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

From across the pond, the stag lifted his head as Nasreen called out to him. He must have said something to her in reply, for she vaguely noticed his lips moving, but the girl was distracted: not by what he said, but by what he did. Before her wide grey eyes, the beast unfurled powerful wings and spread them wide. They stretched out from his sides like black sails, making him appear huge. The shadow shooting out from his hooves only added to the effect, like a dark two-dimensional replica of the giant, or perhaps an extension of his massive body onto the ground. Startled by his reaction, Nasreen froze, all traces of gentle humor vanishing like frightened minnows do when the silhouette of a raptor swoops across a lake.

Then, as if in a dream, the stranger took off from the bank, flying directly towards the copper-kissed mare in a way that sent a tingle racing down her spine. Her tail twitched without her thinking, for she could only stand there, arrested by a mixture of startled surprise, fear, and…something she could not quite lay a hoof on. It was strange, she thought somewhere in the back of her mind, that she hadn’t moved. After all, the black behemoth was a nightmare straight out of her childhood, and a year ago would have sent her skyward in a desperate flurry. While she knew better now that not every winged stallion posed a threat to her wellbeing, there was still something about this one and his sudden confrontation that set Nasreen on edge.

However, the mare didn’t have time to sift through her rapid-fire burst of emotions before the beast came splashing down into the water, and so her hooves remained firmly planted on the ground as he boldly approached, reaching out with a muzzle in what she supposed was a friendly gesture. Slightly dazed, she returned the greeting, though her offer was much more tentative. “Nasreen,” she replied, careful not to impale herself on his horn. Pleasantries taken care of, she backed a subtle and careful step to study the dog, putting a small distance between herself and the dark brute. She wasn’t quite so nervous as to sidle away entirely, but the girl was sensitive to his movements and much preferred not to be startled again by anything he might do without warning. Still, after she had moved out of Caleb’s shadow, she felt a little self-concious. Perhaps she was overreacting, she chided herself, and feeling that she somehow owed the stallion an apology, murmured on in his direction. “I’m sorry,” she told him. “You just startled me. I must have—I was just caught up in my mistake, and I…” she trailed off, unsure of what had come over her. “Anyway,” she shook her head, “Bucephalus is…nobody. Just an old friend I’ve been hoping to run into. He’s…it’s not important.” Embarrassed for a reason that she couldn’t quite understand, Nasreen scuffed a hoof in the dirt. Why should she feel so flustered talking about Bucephalus to a complete stranger?

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link

@Caleb
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
i may be far but never gone - by Caleb - 09-06-2015, 11:56 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Nasreen - 09-07-2015, 05:42 AM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Caleb - 09-07-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Nasreen - 09-08-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Caleb - 09-11-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Nasreen - 09-15-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Caleb - 10-05-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Nasreen - 10-14-2015, 10:59 PM