the Rift

[PRIVATE] i may be far but never gone

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

“You are beautiful, Nasreen,” the deep voice replied, and in an instant, her gaze snapped up from his damp fetlocks to his sparkling eyes.

Had she heard him wr—but no, he had said her name, hadn’t he? The possibilities flitted through her mind, his words running through her head like puzzle pieces that didn’t quite match. But as the phrase tumbled over in her memory, nothing else made sense: he had called her beautiful. He had called her beautiful! Still, it was so unexpected that it left her silent and shy. Lowering her grey gaze, she only smiled a little and hugged her wings closer, self-conscious under his scrutiny. But on the inside, the flighty organ in her chest was pounding.

Hawkeye had called her beautiful once, she remembered. It had felt different then, for he had been the first stallion to find grace in her clumsiness, to sweep her body with eyes that hinted at a desire that she had been too young to understand. But it had come to nothing, and she had nearly forgotten it—nearly. For it meant something deep to her to be admired, to be wanted…and though the stallion before her now was another near-stranger, the scrap of attention he tossed her way was enough to kindle the flame of her deep-seeded need for acceptance.

Before she could collect herself enough to respond however, Caleb was wandering into the water. “Join me?” he asked quietly. Nasreen’s eyes darted to his again, and she hesitated slightly for reasons she could not quite explain. The dark stallion ventured deeper. “Join me,” he repeated, this time commanding her. The maiden moved forward then, a ripple of energy singing through her muscles as she made toward his side in the water.

Though it was not a deep pond, he was taller than she and the water came midway up her chest. “I…” Nasreen began timidly, not knowing what she was going to say but wanting the blue gaze to rest on her face again. “I…It’s, um, chilly.” Her wings puffed slightly to emphasize her words, subconsciously fanning out the copper spread of feathers so that they just might touch her companion’s side.

OOC: Awkward Nas is awkward.

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
i may be far but never gone - by Caleb - 09-06-2015, 11:56 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Nasreen - 09-07-2015, 05:42 AM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Caleb - 09-07-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Nasreen - 09-08-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Caleb - 09-11-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Nasreen - 09-15-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Caleb - 10-05-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: i may be far but never gone - by Nasreen - 10-14-2015, 10:59 PM