the Rift

See That Life Is Beautiful [Open]

Amadeus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Amadeus
When Life gives you lemons, accept them and trust they will be useful later

The tall chocolate colored stallion trotted easily through the woods. Pale sunlight shone down through the leafless branches, providing slight warmth. A brightly covered cardinal chirped down at him from it’s branch, feathers matching the cheerfully red berries of a nearby holly bush. Frostfall might not be the ideal time for travelling, but luckily today was quite pleasant.

Amadeus hummed quietly to himself as he meandered through the trees. His bright blue eyes seemed to reflect the winter sky, a nice contrast to his deep brown coat with it’s reverse dappling. His black mane and tail lifted slightly in a sudden gust of cold air, the later showing a splash of white. The stocky stallion raised his head to the wind, revealing another small patch of white on his throat as he scented the breeze.

Satisfied that no predators were lurking about, he continued his journey. He knew that this mild weather wouldn’t hold for long, and was hoping to find someplace to stay. His nose told him that other equines frequented this forest. Perhaps one of them could offer him a home? If not he wasn’t sure what he’d do when the snows came. He had survived winters before, obviously, but something told him this one would be brutal. Best to find a herd to stay with.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Ah, Frostfall, how I loathe thee. And yet, how wondrous you are.

The thought belonged to a golden-painted filly, two years of age: young enough to be naive about the world, but old enough to have some knowledge of it. It was hard to believe that just days ago battle had raged in Helovia, for here and now the world seemed to be at peace. It wasn't a particularly bitter day for the season, particularly knowing of the Sun God's banishment. Had his siblings gone mad, to banish him right before the cold set in? They must be, for there was no good reason to make Frostfall any harsher.

Kanti didn't dislike Frostfall, except on the particularly chilling days when one might find oneself frozen if one stood still too long. It was more the anticipation of the bad days that she hated. She much preferred sunny, balmy weather to this. At least then, she knew what to expect - decent temperatures, perhaps a bit of rain and storms scattered here and there. But Frostfall was full of ups and downs, and the downs often hit without warning.

And so she decided to take advantage of the decent, if somewhat chilly, weather to visit the Threshold. As it turned out, the golden femme was glad that she did. A bright sun shone from high overhead; clouds drifted lazily by on a cool breeze; a few birds were even out and about, twittering the morning away. The sights cheered her, and by the time she reached the borders of the Threshold, she was considerably less miffed that she had been before.

Auds flicked, taking in the forest sounds; pale blue orbs studied her scant surroundings. It was so bare without the leaves! But, that made it very easy to spot company - as she did quickly. The chocolate stallion was plain to her sight, and she spotted him quite far off. Ever friendly, the flicka kicked up her heels and approached at a lazy canter. "'Lo there!" she called as she neared him, "You look a bit lost!" Pistons slowed to a merry jog, then a walk. "Perhaps I can help?" So earnest, she was. A little ray of sunshine.

[W/C | 369]

Unregistered

Amadeus

Amadeus turned at the sound something large crunching through the snow and leaves. A beautiful gold and cream filly was approaching, seemingly in as cheerful a mood as he was. He smiled as she cantered toward him, stunning against her backdrop of snow and bare trunks. He felt an instant brotherly affection for this bright little creature, and hoped that she could offer him a place to stay.

“Lo there! You look a bit lost! Perhaps I can help?” Oh, this flicka truly seemed to be a gift from the gods. He smiled at her, even as he dipped his head slightly. I do seem to have lost my way, he admitted sheepishly. I’m new around here, and don’t really know where I’m going. He laughed softly at his own ignorance. Is there a herd nearby that I might be able to spend Frostfall with? He realized then that he had forgotten to mention his name, and quickly offered it. By the way, I’m Amadeus.

It crossed his mind that Frostfall was a strange season for such a young filly to be out wandering by herself, but he quickly shrugged it off. After all, today was so mild that there was virtually no danger from the cold weather, and surely she had someplace to go when the winter storms came. Anyway, who was he to question her behavior? They had just met. Perhaps this land was different than the one he had come from, and here he was the odd one out. Oh well, it didn’t much matter. He turned his attention back to the sunny girl and waited for her to respond.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Unregistered

"I do seem to have lost my way. I’m new around here, and don’t really know where I’m going. Is there a herd nearby that I might be able to spend Frostfall with? By the way, I’m Amadeus."

The steed spoke with a certain kindness that instantly made the filly feel as though she'd made the right decision to greet him. A smile crossed her maw at his apparent confusion - she had been much the same when she had first arrived in Helovia but a short season ago. "New? Well then, Amadeus, let me be the first to welcome you to Helovia!" the fae exclaimed with a bob of her head. "My name is Kanti, and I'm a part of the herd from the Windtossed Foothills." The young femme had yet to bring home an outsider, and so she hoped that she could simply welcome him to join her - surely the herd wouldn't mind one more, and a strong stallion to boot! So soon after the Qian's attempted invasion of the Edge, they had many warriors who was healing far too slowly to defend their borders. No, surely they wouldn't mind.

Barely a moment had passed since her introduction, and she launched right into her invitation. "If you'd like, you can return to my home with me. I'm sure they'd be happy to welcome you!" A soft breeze whisked through the trees, bringing with it a slight chill. Creamy strands blew free of her banner, falling into a slight disarray. The cold weather, so irritating before, was a bit more welcome with the warmth of a new friend, and considerably more bearable. Perhaps he would be her first true friend in her herd, as she hadn't had the chance to meet many others before they were marching off to battle.

[W/C | 306]
[OOC | Omg. This post is horrible. Please forgive my failing writing.]

Unregistered

Amadeus

He broke into a wide grin when the filly, Kanti, she said her name was, invited him to follow her to her home. Windtossed Foothills. It sounded like a nice place, and at least he knew he’d have this cheery flicka to talk with. Perhaps the rest of the herd would be just as kind, and he could gain some new friends. Amadeus was simply too friendly to live a solitary life.

A moment’s consideration was all it took before he nodded decisively. “I would be delighted to join your herd, Kanti. You have my sincere thanks for the offer.” His large form pranced slightly in excitement, short raven mane flopping in an almost comic manner on his neck. After so long of being alone, he would finally find a home.

The dark thought that he may not be accepted flitted across his mind for a moment, but he forced it away quickly. Gotta think positive, he told himself. Why wouldn’t you be accepted? Not like I’m a threat or something. His good mood restored, he trotted to his new friend’s side, nudging her shoulder in an affectionate manner. “Shall we go, then? I’m quite looking forward to meeting everyone.

OOC:(It's alright, my posts aren't the best either.)
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Unregistered
[I'll post in the Foothills and PM you a link. ^^]

Unregistered
[Alright, sounds good.]