the Rift

[PRIVATE] in search of the heart

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
WE HELD TOGETHER THE FRAGILE SKY TO KEEP OUR WAY OF LIFE

The pale filly remains sprawled on the stone floor for several more moments before scrambling to place her hooves beneath her. But an awkward silence continues to hang heavy in the air of the dank cave, yet Naerys is far from dissuaded. She simply stands, waiting patiently; completely unaware of the girl's misunderstanding of who she is or, rather, what she is. She couldn't know that the younger girl thought she was some creepy shadow; a being of darkness that might attempt to harm her. Naerys has the added advantage of greater light levels illuminating the smaller filly; an advantage that, unknown to her, the other doesn't have. That aside, she'd also been in the darkness long enough for her eyes to adjust; granting her better, more clear vision even in this perpetually dark world hidden under the earth's crust. Instead, the two are locked in an odd battle of wills; vivid eyes peering at each other with curiosity and suspicion. Unfortunately for the pale filly, Naerys has all the time in the world - at least, she thinks she does. There would come a point when either her mother or her aunt would come looking for her; there is no doubt in her mind of that. No matter how embarrassing it might be.

Finally, after several long moments (though, honestly, not as long as her young mind wants to believe) the filly makes a very small move towards her, a single cautious step, before her voice rings clear. A small smile curves her lips at Erthë's words, teal eyes shining bright with friendliness and warmth. "Nice to meet you, Erthë." and, almost as an afterthought. "I'm glad you're all right." And every bit of it is genuine.

Erthë's question, though, is a good one. "Mama says that these caves were once a... sanctuary, I guess. An awful black sickness swept over all of Helovia and infected a bunch of them. Everyone else came here to live in safety until everything was safe again." she answers excitedly, remembering the tales her mother told her on those cold frostfall nights, huddled in closely together for warmth. "I don't think they like to come here anymore." she adds with a small but fleeting frown. Goodness knows mother sure didn't enjoy these caves. Naerys, on the other hand, hadn't been born then and as a result she simply found them fascinating. Had she been trapped down here for months, she might feel differently.

Suddenly the pale filly jumps back, suspicion written across her face. Her outburst is sudden and throws Naerys off guard. Her voice is shrill and puffed up with a confidence often used to overshadow fear (not that Naerys knows much about that, yet). Puzzled, Naerys furrows her brow as she gazes at the young girl. "Wait! I... what?!" she asks, her own voice taking on more of a shrill note so common in youth. The girl snorts defiantly, her eyes narrowing slightly. "I am NOT a shadow." Naerys huffs, her tender youthful emotions getting the better of her. "I'm just a filly." she adds, her voice suddenly softer, a hint of sadness clinging to her tone. She wanted to step forward, to move herself more into the light and prove to the pale filly that she is what she says she is but fear holds her in place; fear that the girl would turn tail and run away if Naerys so much as moved towards her. Instead, the girl simply sighs lowering her head and shifting her teal eyes to stare at the stone floor beneath her hooves.

N A E R Y S
Image Credits

[I'm so sorry this took so long! D:]

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
in search of the heart - by Naerys - 09-08-2015, 12:23 AM
RE: in search of the heart - by Erthë - 09-08-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: in search of the heart - by Naerys - 09-19-2015, 12:49 AM
RE: in search of the heart - by Erthë - 09-22-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: in search of the heart - by Naerys - 10-05-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: in search of the heart - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 04:30 PM
RE: in search of the heart - by Naerys - 11-11-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: in search of the heart - by Erthë - 11-12-2015, 11:19 AM