the Rift

Anybody out there?...

Evahna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It felt like decades to Evahna since she'd been in contact with another. Time had passed by without any real evidence she was still alive. Onyx hooves drug the ground with regret as she passed through the trees. Memories of the past flooding her, allowing for nothing but a sour expression to creep across her face.

Of all days it had to be a beautiful day outside for her depression to really override her enjoyment of anything. It was rather annoying to be so full of the past that moving on and forgetting her bad deeds is impossible. Oh what she would give to just forget it all. To move on.. but then she wouldn't be who she was today. Evahna has grown to love the person she has become, though she only wishes her past was not what made her grow.

A different life would have been nice but there is no changing what has already been done.

On and on she trudges. Unhappy and sorely tired. When would this go away? When would she find a reason to live again? It seems that time has done nothing. There was one being that kept her from trudging on with this feeling and the tiny foal is now long gone. Passed on with his herd, forgetting to tell her bye. Oh how she missed his smile, his sweet words and the way the world lit up when he came around.

A true being of beauty he was. A being that the world had not gotten to yet. He had not been destroyed as she and she only hoped he was still out there shining as bright as the sun. Oh someday she will find him and thank him. That she will do.

NOTES;; First post = gross, I promise they will get better. <3 (Edited because I didn't have enough words).
TAG;; Open
image credits
- table by Niki -

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

Blithely, the girl trotted through the wood, enjoying the Birdsong sun that filtered through the leafy canopy overhead. Now that spring was here, Nasreen found that she enjoyed traveling by foot. As long as she avoided the sticky pull of the occasional mud pit, the forest was pleasant to traverse—and bursting with new life! Though she had always loved the spring, Nasreen had never been so aware of how tender each new bud appeared, or how precious the young fawn she had glimpsed before it was hurried away by its dam. Perhaps it was a touch of spring fever, or perhaps it was some previously unknown maternal instinct, but she took her time strolling amongst the trees and frequently stopped her easy jog to examine a hidden bird’s nest or rabbit’s burrow. Each held a special wonder for her, and she hummed a little as she went, more content than she had been in a long time.

Presently, she saw the dark silhouette of another through the trees. Lifting her head from the wildflower she was studying, Nasreen moved closer, hoping to see who else was wandering in the wood. Gradually, a tall unicorn mare came into view. She was beautiful, Nasreen noted, with a glossy bay coat and a long, wavy mane. Dark flecks dotted her hide and stained her foreleg and shoulder, peeking through the coppery brown like inverse stars. In truth, Nasreen felt rather dwarfed in her presence—not only because the mare had a good two hands on her, but because she was so lovely and regal-looking. She was uncharacteristically shy in her approach, emerging cautiously from the grove to call a friendly, “Hello. Beautiful day, isn’t it? I don’t mean to disturb you,” she added, “I was just in a clearing nearby, and didn’t want to startle you. I’m Nasreen.” 

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Unregistered

Deep in thought, Evahna hadn't even noticed the other being. The one thing she's been searching for for months. There it was. And though the darling girl did not wish to startle the brown lady, she had. Though it was not a frightening startle, it was more of a is this real look that was given with huge open amber orbs.

The larger lady drank her in, watching her movements and piercing her gaze at those beautiful wings. What a lovely gift that would be, flight... Oh how amazing it would be to take flight and forget the ground below. It would make running from your problems so much easier. Perhaps if Eva would have been born with wings she could have flown away from war instead of being forced to participate.

Evahna finally smiles, a large and welcoming smile. Pure happiness beginning to cover up every inch of sadness that stained her face before. Today was that day. "Why yes it is an absolutely beautiful day out," warm tones flowing through the air "Nasreen? 'Tis lovely to meet you, I go by Evahna but you're welcome to call me Eva."

The bay is quiet for a moment before she begins to speak again, "I hope this does not seem weird but you have no idea how amazing it feels for me to see a being after so long of being alone." She shifts her face to watch the mare more thoroughly now. To absorb all that she can about her physical attributes and all because that was her training. To take note of EVERY little detail in the case of something going bad. "'Tis better to know your enemy than to not." his voice ringing in the back of her skull, upsetting her stomach and bringing a whirl of emotional pain with it. Though she still smiled, the smile almost drifted.

NOTES;; ---
TAG;; @Nasreen
image credits
- table by Niki -

Up For Adoption
Adoptable

Though Nasreen hadn’t intended to surprise her fellow wanderer, it was clear that she had. She stood watching with a trace of guilt as the mare looked up and took her in with wide eyes, watching her in a manner very similar to a jackrabbit in the brush that she had startled earlier. For a moment Nasreen feared that she had upset her, but then the stranger broke into a friendly smile. Internally, the copper-stained girl breathed a sigh of relief when the dark mare called back to her with a greeting of her own. She introduced herself as Evahna—or as she added, Eva for short—and Nasreen dipped her head politely, happy to have made a new acquaintance. “A pleasure,” the winged mare replied with a smile that mirrored her companion’s.

There was a brief lull in the conversation after names and pleasantries were exchanged, and in the pause, Nasreen felt the sort of settling that comes with two recent strangers becoming accustomed to one another’s presence. The mare was not much one for letting talk stagnate, but she reminded herself that she had already interrupted Eva once today and that it would be rather embarrassing to do it again. As long as the silence did not stretch too thin, she would wait and allow the quieter mare to speak before she unleashed her chatter upon her.

As it turned out, she did not have to wait long. “I hope this doesn’t seem weird,” Evahna began, “but you have no idea how amazing it feels for me to see a being after so long of being alone.” Nasreen tilted her head inquisitively at the taller lady, a question written in the crinkle of her grey eyes. What did Eva mean? The statement left room for uncertainty, and though the smaller mare may not have initially given it much thought, the way that Eva had prefaced it…why would it be strange? Had she been alone for the day, much as Nasreen had been, or had she been by herself for much longer? “What do you mean?” the girl asked with a puzzled frown. “How long have you been alone in the wood?”

Unregistered

'A pleasure,' Nasreen says. A friendly tone from her voice as well. Allowing Evahna just the right amount of understanding that she could relax throughout this meaning. Harm or danger were not words the bay would use to describe this meeting, no no. Absolutely not, this was a wonderful meeting and they had only spoken a few words. Eva could feel some sort of connection with her. Whether it be a lifelong friendship or a lifelong acquaintance she was not sure, though she was sure she would be forever grateful to this lovely gal.

Though Nasreen waited for Evahna to continue speaking first, Eva would have not minded for interruptions. It was pure bliss to have finally seen someone after so long, even with her memories ringing in the back of her mind, she can not sink herself to be so sad with a bright soul in front of her. As Nasreen listened she replied with questioning tones. A few uncertain words that Evahna would be happy to answer.

"I've been traveling by myself for about a year and a half now," she paused "I have only had company but maybe two or three times during my travels." Evahnas face now searched for Nasreens eyes, hoping the painted mare would understand just why Evahna was so happy to see her. Time alone has brought nothing but pain for the amber eyed mare, a full year and a half to dwell on all the things to she had done wrong.

All that time to remember every face she slaughtered in the name of the king. All that time to remember she was conceived and birthed for one purpose only, war. Cast around like a battle toy and tossed to the side once she was no longer fit to rain terror upon the lands. Remembering just how upset they were to see she was born without a horn and being made fun of for such all her life. She remembers everything and with a year and a half to waller in it, she's come quite familiar with tears and sadness.

NOTES;; I have no idea how to spell waller (like rolling around on something and sinking into it?), my spellcheck say's it is not spelled correctly. This may also just be a term that my redneck family uses, I'm not sure if it's even a word lol.
TAG;; @Nasreen
image credits
- table by Niki -

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
Though Nasreen knew that newcomers often passed through the Threshold, she hadn’t pegged Eva as one of them. While the taller mare had been (understandably) startled by her sudden appearance, she held herself with a quiet confidence and seemed to converse quite willingly: there was little evidence of the shyness or unease that many foreigners possessed in this gateway.  Her arrival in Helovia was nothing like Nasreen’s had been. Though it had been over two years ago, the painted mare still remembered it well, with a vividness that is only possible when memories are stamped with fear. She certainly hadn’t handled those that greeted her as well as Eva had. She had only been on her own for a few weeks, but by the time she had dragged herself into Helovia, she had been too frightened to make much sense of what was happening. The friendly strangers who had come to collect recruits had only frightened her, and it had only been when Kahlua had taken her back to the Edge and under her metaphorical wing that the girl had been able to see things as more than a confusing blur. So when Eva explained that she had been alone for a year and a half, Nasreen could not stifle the gasp of horror that flew from her lips like a startled bird.

“A year and a half?! You poor thing! How ghastly that must have been!” she exclaimed, instinctively stepping closer with a sympathetic cluck. “I can’t imagine being alone for so long—you must have been very brave,” she added, remembering what a great comfort to her it had been when Kahlua had reassured her with a similar sentiment. A year and a half! The thought made her shudder. Though she had taken several solo journeys to search for her own lost homeland, they had never been longer than a few seasons. A social creature by nature, Nasreen couldn’t understand those who preferred extended solitude. ”My goodness,” the girl continued, still marveling over the awfulness of it all. “I’m glad I ran into you then.” 

OOC: No worries, I knew what you meant! I believe it's 'wallow', which was probably why spellcheck was confused haha

Unregistered

As Nasreen gasped Eva's eyes opened wider. Completely unknowing of what she had done to get such a reaction from the other mare, that is until the paint spoke. The bay questioned herself. Not really taking it into consideration that she had been alone for sooooo long. Of course it felt like a long time to the woman but to absolutely consider and dwell amongst yourself for a year and a half is quite a good long time.

Her reaction made Eva feel as though her distance from the world was something insane. As if such an amount of time was life threatening or some other sorts of crazy. Again, she had not considered it to be that long, though now that she ponders she's rather surprised she hadn't gone insane... Eva knows she would have had the same reaction as Nasreen but it's so hard to take it in.

As she finishes speaking, the pegasus takes a step towards the chimera removing the space of comfort between the two. Evahna knew nothing of this being but the step was not threatening and she welcomed the girls comfort with a smile. "Tis quite alright dear, I rather deserved my time alone." her face sinks. Eyes dimming with rememberance of just why she was kicked to the side and left to fend for herself. Used up she was... left to wilt and die BUT she survived. Living day by day bettering herself. The time alone was deserved but also put to good use. "It is indeed good you've found me, nice to have good company." Eva smiles, speaking in tones of silk.

"Nasreen darling, might I ask why it is that you're alone out here? Surely you do not live here by yourself?" there it was. The worry. Evahna had some weird issue with worrying for others. Hoping only the best for them should they deserve such and it was absolutely sure that Nasreen deserved the best. To come upon a stranger with such a welcoming attitude is one to admire, Eva shall forever be grateful for the mare whom welcomed her. The one who did not turn her tail and head elsewhere. Evahna wasn't even quite sure she could welcome someone with such love and passion.... or what seemed to be passion. The care in her tones and what could be understood from her gasp of surprise.

NOTES;; xD That's it! Wallow, lol, being a redneck is awesome. Always putting 'er' at the end of everything. Waller! Haha.
TAG;; @Nasreen
image credits
- table by Niki -

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
Though Nasreen had spent her fair share of time alone, she had never done so under the impression that such an activity was deserved. Inevitable sometimes, yes… but to merit isolation as punishment? In her mind, it was something reserved for the worst offenders, a sentence that could easily become an unbearable torture if stretched too long. “I’m sure you didn’t deserve it, Eva,” she replied, perhaps with a bit more passion than necessary. “Nobody deserves to be alone for that long, and certainly not anyone as sweet as you seem to be.” Again the winged mare shook her head sympathetically, troubled by Eva’s time alone. What had happened to the poor girl that she had had to suffer so? What terrible lands had she traveled through, that only a few stray souls had come upon her? Nasreen didn’t like to think of how deep the wilds she had traversed must have been, nor how lonely the nights. And the danger! Surely there had been predators lurking in the woods, waiting for a solitary traveler to happen by. It was a miracle, really, that Eva had survived for this long.

Thus, when the darker mare asked her why she was alone and if she lived there, Nasreen jumped at the opportunity to end this nonsense. “No, no!” she exclaimed, head bobbing emphatically. “I make my home in the Dragon’s Throat—and Eva, I’m sure they’ll let you stay, too. I don’t have the authority to promise you a home, but they’re very kind. Come with me, and we can speak to them together.” The words came out in a rush, but the sentiment was earnest. Intense gray eyes searched for Eva’s, as if holding her gaze would somehow convince the other mare to join her. “Please,” she murmured softly, “You shouldn’t have to be alone.”

OOC: Sorry it’s short, low on muse for her :c

Unregistered

It was nice to hear someone disagree that she deserved such a thing but this mare knew not a thing of Evahna. For she may seem sweet that can all but change in a matter of seconds. Actually this sweet Evahna is rather new, only brought on by the realization of what she was in her past... "Oh darling, I appreciate your words but you know not of what I've done.." she trails off, voice a little distant and eyes seeming as if tears could come soon, though they do not. Evahna does not mind to tell her life story to a stranger. In Evahna's eyes it was deserved and she would make sure others knew that she paid for what she'd done.

Though she's grown with time alone that killer is still inside her, deep down and clawing to the surface more and more everyday. The lady cannot deny what she is, she can try but it will not last before something snaps. Before this new Eva and the old Eva mix, to create who she really should be.

It was when Nasreen answered Eva's question that the bay really understood just how beautiful the soul in front of her was. Offering a home to a stranger, offering kindness to a stranger... it was all different to Evahna. She'd not had such hospitality given to her before. Nasreen was a kind soul, something untouched by the disgusting world. Evahna smiled brightly. Happy to follow along and find this home. Happy to join in on a family. And even MORE happy to finally be a part of something besides death. "Really? I would absolutely love to accompany you to your home." Eva looks to her, smiling even bigger now. Such a grin could be seen as malicious if you were to look just right but it was not. She was just overwhelmed. Excited, happy, ah... so much has happened today. "But are you really sure you want to share you friends and family with me?"

NOTES;; Eva be like.. "NO WAY? A FRIEND?" lol.
TAG;; @Nasreen
image credits
- table by Niki -

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
When Eva’s face lit up at her offer, the girl knew she had spoken right. With the sweet sensation of satisfaction rising in her chest, Nasreen smiled back. She was sure that the Throat’s ruling body would let the friendly unicorn stay. Though Eva claimed that she knew not what she had done, it did not change Nasreen’s opinion of her—gods knew that she had a past as well, and the Throat had given her yet another chance to live the life she had been thrust into when she had entered Helovia. The same would be true for Eva; this she firmly believed. And so, the optimistic lass brushed aside her companion’s concerns with a gentle sweep of a copper wing. “Don’t be silly,” she replied, “Sharing can only do me as much good as it will do you. And I do believe that in sharing, I’ve gained a new friend today.” She cast a sunny glance at Eva’s expression, wondering if the mare also felt a sense of camaraderie.

“Anyhow,” she continued, gaze turning upwards towards the sun’s position in the sky, “We’d better get started if we want to reach the Throat as quickly as we can—I’m not sure how long it is by hoof, but it is a good day’s travel by wing.” Unsure if it had been impolite to call attention to Eva’s lack of certain feathered appendages, the girl hurriedly added, “But it is no matter—it will give us plenty of time to talk, and you’ll be able to see the different territories here. It’s actually better this way,” she finished, hoping that she hadn’t caused her new friend unrest. “Just follow me, and I’ll explain all I can along the journey.” And with that, Nasreen turned and began trotting south, to the place where they both soon would call home.

OOC: I'll get the joining thread up straightaway!