the Rift

[OPEN] hunter-gatherer [patrol]

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
Figured we'd best keep this moving even if nobody else posts :c

THEY LIED WHEN THEY SAID THE GOOD DIE YOUNG

I look to my side as I see a pegasus mare land. I recognise her from the God fights, and she smells of the Throat - she also smells of electricity and power, and I feel myself shudder. At least I know I will be safe with her by my side! "Hello there," I greet, ramming my ears forward cheerily and beaming at her to hide my fear of this unknown place. "I'm Badger, one of the herd's Healers." As if the herbs stuffed in my halter hadn't given that away.

I cast a cautious glance behind me, but there doesn't seem to be a sign of any incoming Throatians. I frown. If I can bother my fat ass to come out into the back end of nowhere and patrol, then surely the rest of my group can, as well? Alas, time is ticking, and I cannot wait forever. At least somebody has arrived, and I begin to follow the spark-mare up the steep incline towards the series of shrines. Despite my improved fitness, I'm still blowing slightly and there's a gentle sheen of sweat on my glossy fur by the time I reach the plateau at the top. The high winds seem to be blowing directly into my face, as though deterring me from moving forwards. Being the stubborn man I am, I ignore the warnings and continue forwards.

Ampere stops by one particular shrine, a jet-black, scorched one. I prick my ears and edge towards it, and my nose automatically extends to touch it. However, at the last moment an unseen force presses against my chest, as though telling me that touching the block of rock is not a good idea. I frown, but obey. I look to Ampere. "What are these?" I question. I hate sounding stupid, but I genuinely have no idea what they are. My ignorance pains me, but there's only one way to garner more knowledge!

image credits

Messages In This Thread
hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 09-09-2015, 07:02 AM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 09-13-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 10-03-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 10-14-2015, 01:34 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Misael - 10-14-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Misael - 10-21-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 10-18-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 10-19-2015, 12:48 AM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 10-24-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 11-11-2015, 09:29 PM