the Rift

[OPEN] hunter-gatherer [patrol]

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

THEY LIED WHEN THEY SAID THE GOOD DIE YOUNG

The blue-tinged mare speaks of her own name, and I'm hardpressed to think of the meaning of it, too. Then, like floodgates, she opens up the lock to a wealth of information. I listen, as rapt as a babe learning about the world he lives in, my ears rammed forwards to drink in every word she says.

She knows a lot. Although she recommends I speak to Maren, I can't think of anything the tiger-mare would know that Ampere doesn't - she is a font of knowledge, and I drink willingly. Each fact I file away for the future, noting the descriptions she gives of each of the Gods, paying special attention to talk of the murderous Moon Goddess. Ampere thinks she chose to possess Gaucho because he is the most powerful creature in Helovia, and I am inclined to agree. He even outdoes Misael for levels of scaryness, and I can well believe that he is a master of war, a worthy tool for a Goddess to pick up and wield. "There is a companion bond? I assumed those little creatures simply acted as familiars to the horses they accompany, like I was a pet to the humans. What does this bond entail?" During the time I'd tried out for the egg Ashamin won, I had sort of picked up that there may be more to the desire for an egg than simply a little creature to trot alongside you, but it appears I badly underestimated it.

She then apologises, and I shake my head earnestly. "Please, Miss Ampere, this is fascinating. Don't apologise." I offer her a weak, but genuine, smile. She continues to speak of darkness and wraiths, and I suppress a shudder at that particularly unpleasant image. When she finishes by saying she has never seen the Spark, I can't help but give a small chuckle. "That is ironic, given your markings." I gesture with my leather-bound head to her lightning markings, which I would certainly associate with a Spark God. "You know a lot of Helovian Gods, Miss Ampere. Is it safe to assume you are a longtime resident of Helovia?"

Misael - who has introduced himself - reveals a desire to meet and converse with a deity. I force down another shudder. "Oh, I don't know about that. I have met just one God, he of the Spark, and although it was a time of great chaos, I could tell he was more powerful than anything I'd ever met. I know little of our deities, but I sense they are not to be trifled with." Meeting one face to face? I'd probably piss myself with fear.

image credits

Messages In This Thread
hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 09-09-2015, 07:02 AM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 09-13-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 10-03-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 10-14-2015, 01:34 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Misael - 10-14-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Misael - 10-21-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 10-18-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 10-19-2015, 12:48 AM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Badger - 10-24-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: hunter-gatherer [patrol] - by Ampere - 11-11-2015, 09:29 PM