the Rift

[OPEN] second time lucky (welcoming)

Ruairi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Ruairi

Images of stumps carpeted in moss, worn stone outcroppings, and trees bent to unusual shapes swirl through my mind’s eye as I struggle to retain the tidal wave of information Nyx is pouring over me. The landmarks seemed easy enough to recognize as they were pointed out, but I find myself struggling to remember their names and locations once we move farther down the path. I’m not even sure I’d be able to see any of them from the air, but Nyx is excited to share them with me so I do my best to commit each marker to memory.

We’re still nestled beneath a canopy of green when she announces our arrival to the Edge. Peering between thick trunks I can see some open spaces and the glimmer of water stretching across the horizon farther north.

“Oh!” I exclaim, thrilled by the prospect of strong coastal winds beneath my wings. “You didn’t tell me you lived near the ocean! Although I guess you did say it’s The Edge.”

I know the exact expression taking over my face – eyes twinkling, brows quirked, that ridiculous half-smirk plastering itself across my mouth - but I’m powerless to control it. Puns are hilarious; really an underappreciated part of spoken language. I’m sure I've got something else clever to add when an unexpected chink draws my eyes and ears down.

”A glass wall?” I question. Even reduced to tiny fragments the glass glitters with light and color. It’s as if there are hundreds of tiny sunsets winking at me from between the blades of grass. ”Why would anyone break it?” I ask sadly. Why would anyone destroy something so beautiful?

@Nyx

Messages In This Thread
second time lucky (welcoming) - by Nyx - 09-11-2015, 12:54 PM
RE: second time lucky (welcoming) - by Ruairi - 09-13-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: second time lucky (welcoming) - by Nyx - 09-18-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: second time lucky (welcoming) - by Mauja - 09-20-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: second time lucky (welcoming) - by Ruairi - 09-22-2015, 04:39 PM
RE: second time lucky (welcoming) - by Nyx - 09-24-2015, 10:09 AM
RE: second time lucky (welcoming) - by Mauja - 10-02-2015, 12:11 PM