the Rift

[OPEN] Blue Elephants

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

Thick ears twitch at her initial soft, surprised snort as his question. He turns his great head back to her during her pause, curiosity invading his tumult of emotions. What was she thinking? What answer was she composing in that frank, warrior mind of hers?

Then, he listened to her speak of her approach to mating, to foaling. It was a detached, analytical technique. A procedure. A protocol. Produce strong foals, healthy foals. He understood not following monogamy, for many that life was too restricting. Stallions had needs, had wants. Especially in a place such as this grove.

Was that his problem? Is that why he was so enraged with Rexanna and Alexander? Was monogamy too restricting for him?

Though an angry and hurt mind is not the best place to entertain such thoughts, he still weighed these questions. Perhaps life was too short to dawdle around with one mare. What was it getting him? Blue balls and a broken heart. Hardly worth the investment.

”I believe in strength, my dear Glazier.” He shifted, mulling the idea over, “Strength in protecting your heart?” he paused, thinking, “I suppose I found strength in giving my affection, my heart, to someone else.” To lovers, to foals… His rage was still burning beneath the surface of calm, so he could not think of dead foals, now. He grabbed onto his bubbling rage once more, to avoid the pain of his past of fires and death, always using his anger to escape, “Now, in hindsight, it seems rather idiotic. His gaze was still hard, though starting to smolder again beneath the glassy surface. Heated pits of cobalt.

“Your method cuts out the heartache and leaves only the fun. Just breeding? And fighting? Seems like you're cheating the gods of love out of their sadistic fun of jilting lovers,” his voice is growing rougher, deeper, with dark humor and appraisal. He had shifted, turning his towering bulk to face her as he spoke.

”Might work for you, too.” He took a half step towards the athletic mare, thick column of a leg closing the generous space she had afforded the enraged stud. “Perhaps I should try your way,” his bass voice rumbled, serious words laced with coarse humor, “Care for a brawl?”
image credits
- table by Niki -

@Nyx I'm not sure if he's serious or not... Or if you even want a spar? WHAT IS NYX DOING TO HIM?! Haha, and YES I love this thread, too. It's so fun >:D

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Blue Elephants - by Tembovu - 09-12-2015, 02:36 PM
RE: Blue Elephants - by Nyx - 09-12-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: Blue Elephants - by Tembovu - 09-14-2015, 03:12 AM
RE: Blue Elephants - by Nyx - 09-14-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: Blue Elephants - by Tembovu - 09-17-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: Blue Elephants - by Nyx - 09-19-2015, 02:31 PM
RE: Blue Elephants - by Tembovu - 09-23-2015, 12:51 AM